New SMKC single Fill My World

metallex78

I hate to do this to my all time fav guitarist. I guess actually it's Myles fault. Why the fuck is nearly every song title a generic cliche? The first 5 in particular. We accuse axl of phoning it in? he does, but jeez. 'Actions speak louder than words' what next? Don't eat yellow snow? Myles was never the most inspiring lyricist but the first 2/3 Alter bridge albums are really good. most of the SMKC stuff pre living the dream is pretty good. Pretty generic, but some great tunes. but these 2 released are garbage. the lyrics are so dull. the delivery the style, the slash playing. Im grateful we got at least 7/8 fantastic albums with slash on across his career. But he's done. some people might like it, but there's so much better out there. Nothing says phoning it in and releasing shit for the sake of it like 'we recorded the album in 4days' 'we did the photo shoot and the first 2 videos on the same day using the same set' and ' The river is rising in to whatever gets you by into C'est la vie into path less followed into actions speak louder than words.'

1. "The River Is Rising" 3:42
2. "Whatever Gets You By" 3:40
3. "C'est la vie" 4:38
4. "The Path Less Followed" 3:40
5. "Actions Speak Louder Than Words" 4:01
6. "Spirit Love" 4:15
7. "Fill My World" 5:28
8. "April Fool" 4:33
9. "Call Off the Dogs" 3:15
10. "Fall Back to the Earth"

6:23

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I hate to do this to my all time fav guitarist. I guess actually it's Myles fault. Why the fuck is nearly every song title a generic cliche? The first 5 in particular. We accuse axl of phoning it in? he does, but jeez. 'Actions speak louder than words' what next? Don't eat yellow snow? Myles was never the most inspiring lyricist but the first 2/3 Alter bridge albums are really good. most of the SMKC stuff pre living the dream is pretty good. Pretty generic, but some great tunes. but these 2 released are garbage. the lyrics are so dull. the delivery the style, the slash playing. Im grateful we got at least 7/8 fantastic albums with slash on across his career. But he's done. some people might like it, but there's so much better out there. Nothing says phoning it in and releasing shit for the sake of it like 'we recorded the album in 4days' 'we did the photo shoot and the first 2 videos on the same day using the same set' and ' The river is rising in to whatever gets you by into C'est la vie into path less followed into actions speak louder than words.'

1. "The River Is Rising" 3:42
2. "Whatever Gets You By" 3:40
3. "C'est la vie" 4:38
4. "The Path Less Followed" 3:40
5. "Actions Speak Louder Than Words" 4:01
6. "Spirit Love" 4:15
7. "Fill My World" 5:28
8. "April Fool" 4:33
9. "Call Off the Dogs" 3:15
10. "Fall Back to the Earth"

6:23

I mean if you don't like it then maybe don't listen?

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Well, it’s possible that he won't like it. But he doesn't even know by now. At this point he doesn't like the song titles but judges the album based on them :lol:

I have to admit, I still don’t know what to think about the two new singles, but I have to wait for the rest of the record to form an opinion.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'll listen and I'll be proven right. If they are the 2 singles and we have 'actions speak louder than words' to come, i think 'The writing is on the wall' (That'll be the title of the next album) :lol::facepalm:

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Well, it’s possible that he won't like it. But he doesn't even know by now. At this point he doesn't like the song titles but judges the album based on them :lol:

I have to admit, I still don’t know what to think about the two new singles, but I have to wait for the rest of the record to form an opinion.

It's based on the whole generic phoning it in of the last album and these 2 singles. then if you add generic cliche titles the vibe has been set. Can you tell a lot about songs from song titles alone? No, of course not. But I can picture myles sitting there writing his 300th song in 4 years typing in 'basic cliches' on google and just picking his favourite and using them as lyrical inspiration. As I said it's no slight on Myles, he's been in 3 bands non stop for 11 years now. he' burnt out, the fire has long gone.

46 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

It's based on the whole generic phoning it in of the last album and these 2 singles. then if you add generic cliche titles the vibe has been set. Can you tell a lot about songs from song titles alone? No, of course not. But I can picture myles sitting there writing his 300th song in 4 years typing in 'basic cliches' on google and just picking his favourite and using them as lyrical inspiration. As I said it's no slight on Myles, he's been in 3 bands non stop for 11 years now. he' burnt out, the fire has long gone.

I think LTD was the best SMKC album to date and really like both of the new singles. Speak for yourself. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

Me reading 'Myles is burned out' while listening to Ides of March:

comment_1594581709xTVOvQD2SPHeO1FMd50quJ

I haven't heard the record but I've heard the song and I was surprised how good it was, especially Myles' awesome guitar. 

I think he could be more involved in the songwriting when collaborating with Slash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

There were some gems on every Slash record and I don't see that change with this one. It's all objective of course but you're post is almost pele style. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a guitar player I find some of the riffs to be very weak, specially on The River Is Rising. That intro riff sounds like something every guitar player does when picking up the instrument and is horsing around but when you add the drums and other instruments it works and sounds very good musically. Same with the verses in Fill My World, by itself I don't get it but add Myles vocals, bass and drums and gets a whole new life. I find that to be fascinating when a lot of guitar players try to fill the empty spaces with more notes. I've I've listening to those songs multiple times daily, waiting for the 3rd and possible last single. Expecting something by the end of the month before the release date in February. 

• Like 1

On another note, I didn't know that Plush is going to be the opener for some of these shows in the US tour.  I saw them open for Halestorm and Evanescence in Inglewood back in November and I think their kind of sound should go well as a opener for Slash, Myles, and co.

On 1/7/2022 at 2:08 PM, Anguyen92 said:

On another note, I didn't know that Plush is going to be the opener for some of these shows in the US tour.  I saw them open for Halestorm and Evanescence in Inglewood back in November and I think their kind of sound should go well as a opener for Slash, Myles, and co.

I'm a little disappointed in the choice of openers for this tour but I would rather see Plush than Dead Sara. Wish they would've looked around a little more for something better.