New SMKC single Fill My World

metallex78

Just heard it and I love it. I do hear the resemblance to SCOM in the intro but its just the structure and its still its own thing. Slash is on a roll with these two tracks. I don't mind the production considering the album was recorded in 5 days. I

Edited by Chuerta86
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rovim said:

didn't really care for the song itself, but I like the solo. It's not as fluid as most of Slash's solos usually are, and it's not exactly ambitious, but I like it.

I'm thinking maybe that's the point, he was going for something a little more basic sounding on this song.

Bright-toned pop-rocker “Fill My World,”

That actually is a good description of the song. Not my favorite genre of tunes typically but I actually do like this song. Really has a more upbeat vibe to it than most SMKC tunes. Good to see they’re still changing it up and not on autopilot. Good pick for radio as well imo. 

• Like 1

It sounds like the take before the final take, Slash isn't playing very sure of himself (to my ears), vocal is a bit underwhelming too. Production is very, very stark... Maybe that's a bit jarring? But I think the guitars are the let down on this track.

Songs is so so. Not something I need to hear again, compared with you're a lie or world on fire which I knew straight were great songs. Riff is kinda Foo Fighter lite. 

19 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

That actually is a good description of the song. Not my favorite genre of tunes typically but I actually do like this song. Really has a more upbeat vibe to it than most SMKC tunes. Good to see they’re still changing it up and not on autopilot. Good pick for radio as well imo. 

I agree that's it's great they are changing it up with this type of upbeat style song

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

It's kind of like the Dissident but a little slower. Similar kind of song. I'm liking it more now that I've heard it a few times.

• Like 1

Forgot this dropped today. My hot take while listening for the first time:

I like the weepy intro riff. Reminiscent of “Sweet Child” but crunchier. 
Myles sounds really good as the verses kick in. I enjoy this more laid back vocal style versus the high falsetto. 
The lyrics are what they are. They’re just OK. But I’m a sucker for these kinda saccharine songs. 
Hmm. Pre-chorus is a little weak. 
Ohhhh, chorus is catchy. Especially the main line, “Turn the key. Please come back to me.” 
Waiting for the inevitable solo now …. there it is. Buttery. Fits the song perfectly. I called the intro riff “weepy” and the solo fits that description too.

Strong second single IMO. I like his after just one listen. 

• Like 2

Not impressed . Yet another song I will put away forever after a handful of listens. Didn’t think they’d possibly put out something worse than LTD but with these 2 songs they managed to. Hope the rest of the songs are salvageable. Even LTD had some moments. They seem to be getting worse and even more generic with every release 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

1 hour ago, 31illusions said:

Interesting all the comparisons to SCOM. It's not the first time. Loving The Alien by VR has that high pitched picking all over it. He's done it before. To the trained ear you can hear that in several of his songs.

Someone on here once described Loving The Alien as "Sweet Child O' Yesterdays" which I always thought was funny :lol:

Fill My World seems like the most obvious comparison to SCOM though, and not in a good way...

1 hour ago, 31illusions said:

Interesting all the comparisons to SCOM. It's not the first time. Loving The Alien by VR has that high pitched picking all over it. He's done it before. To the trained ear you can hear that in several of his songs.

I hear some of that in No More Heroes... Maybe a little in Superhuman as well.

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

This is shaping up to be my least favorite Slash album, yet

Yeah, SMKC just isn't for me anymore... They sound very tired.. Up until somewhat recently I would have thought I was insane if I said I didn't have an interest in buying a new Slash album or an EP of "New GnR music" he is on..

• Like 1