Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

17 minutes ago, Dazey said:

As opposed to the 1990 World Cup Semi Final? :lol: 

West Germany olde boy. Italy were beaten by the Argies. The final was Argies v Jerry. Semi-final fresh in the mind considering they just repeated it recently on BBC red button; re-watching it after all those years only raises the question, who the sodden hell was Trevor Steven?

Only the English would re-run ''famous defeats'' during a pandemic haha! 

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

West Germany olde boy. Italy were beaten by the Argies. The final was Argies v Jerry. Semi-final fresh in the mind considering they just repeated it recently on BBC red button; re-watching it after all those years only raises the question, who the sodden hell was Trevor Steven?

Only the English would re-run ''famous defeats'' during a pandemic haha! 

When did we get beaten by the Italians then? :lol: Have I just invented a historic penalty defeat? :lol: 

51 minutes ago, Dazey said:

When did we get beaten by the Italians then? :lol: Have I just invented a historic penalty defeat? :lol: 

Italia '90? 3rd place match, not on pens though: Italy 2-1 England.

But if you mean Italy by pens, I think there was some Rooney era defeat (I am not sure! England's penalty defeats all rather fudge into one and another after 1998). 

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Italia '90? 3rd place match, not on pens though: Italy 2-1 England.

But if you mean Italy by pens, I think there was some Rooney era defeat (I am not sure! England's penalty defeats all rather fudge into one and another after 1998). 

I just remember some long haired mulletty fucker pinging it into the car park during the penalties. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I just remember some long haired mulletty fucker pinging it into the car park during the penalties. :lol: 

Was that not Baggio, Brazil v Italy, 1994 World Cup Final? He had a shocker of a mullet then.

Edited by DieselDaisy

16 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Especially if you live in a dangerous city. The founding fathers were correct on allowing the 2nd Admendendment. The most dangerous cities are the ones with the strictest gun laws. 

Goodwins Law ;)

Texas is a huge believer in guns. You can carry them anyway except hospitals. I have never seen anyone in person wearing a gun and I hope I don't.

I did see a police officer in a deli in Brooklyn years ago. I looked down and saw that huge gun they carried. It was pretty scary to me. Also saw the brinks guy bringing money into a bank and he carried his gun at his side. The guns I have seen in person scared me. Even living in Texas I have no desire to get a gun and learn to shoot one.

• Like 3

I saw a doctor on CNN this morning talking about how the US has to be civil to all countries incase they find a cure/vaccine before we do. He said the UK has a good change of making a vaccine before anyone else. He then said suppose they don't give us any?

I was like great another fucking thing to worry about. Damn I have to stop watching CNN! Fuck!

Stay well people!

Oh, and the cruises will begin sailing on August 1 leaving from Florida, Cali and Texas. Talk about a floating death trap. Will they allow people who already had the virus when they took a cruise before? And how can you tell?

The woman in Dallas who opened her hair salon had to appear in court today. Didn't hear what happened yet? She refused to close or pay the $1000 fine.

The new shows her taking her hair cutter's temp as well as the customer. I guess that would work, but I'm glad whenever my hair salon opens it's just me and her cutting and dying my hair. At least I hope she can get the supplies since those stores were closed as well.

God, I need a hair cut so badly and a dye too. lol

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Good article on why how and why the response and fallout between Canada and the US have been dramatically different:

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/4/21242750/coronavirus-covid-19-united-states-canada-trump-trudeau

A whole article? Seems like overkill when "Trump is a fuckwit" is only four words. :lol: 

4 hours ago, downzy said:

Good article on why how and why the response and fallout between Canada and the US have been dramatically different:

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/4/21242750/coronavirus-covid-19-united-states-canada-trump-trudeau

https://globalnews.ca/news/6815936/coronavirus-justin-trudeau-andrew-scheer-easter-travel/

Canada isn't perfect either even if Vox wants to paint that picture.  There is so much wrong with that article it's a joke.  The federal government has done more for New York than any other state in the country but Trump is playing political favorites?  Trump was getting ventilators made and building hospitals while Cuomo was signing an executive order sending sick workers and patients back into nursing homes exposing the most vulnerable population to corona.  

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2020/04/23/coronavirus-ny-investigate-nursing-homes-who-point-finger-back-state/3011279001/

1 hour ago, Swampfox said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6815936/coronavirus-justin-trudeau-andrew-scheer-easter-travel/

Canada isn't perfect either even if Vox wants to paint that picture.  There is so much wrong with that article it's a joke.  The federal government has done more for New York than any other state in the country but Trump is playing political favorites?  Trump was getting ventilators made and building hospitals while Cuomo was signing an executive order sending sick workers and patients back into nursing homes exposing the most vulnerable population to corona.  

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2020/04/23/coronavirus-ny-investigate-nursing-homes-who-point-finger-back-state/3011279001/

Not to butt in on your conversation but the 10th paragraph of the vox article begins with the sentence “The Canadian approach has not been perfect.”

The article then goes on to explore some examples of Canada’s approach not being perfect.

So you can’t really challenge the article by agreeing with the article.

4 hours ago, Swampfox said:

You obviously didn’t read the article because states clearly that Canada isn’t perfect in its response either.  So when you say there’s so much wrong with the article I’m having a hard time taking anything you say seriously. 

13 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Also, this factory is one of so many that was converted from its normal production to make masks. Everyone whose lied about industries inability to pivot to meet the needs of a crisis can eat crow.

so never let the politicians, industry or their volunteer lackeys lie and say otherwise ever again.

Retool industry to meet the needs of the climate crisis!!!!!

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Also, this factory is one of so many that was converted from its normal production to make masks. Everyone whose lied about industries inability to pivot to meet the needs of a crisis can eat crow.

so never let the politicians, industry or their volunteer lackeys lie and say otherwise ever again.

Retool industry to meet the needs of the climate crisis!!!!!

All retooling in a short period of time is not equal.

It’s one thing for companies to make masks in a short turn around, it’s another to start making more complicated products like ventilators. 

Just now, downzy said:

All retooling in a short period of time is not equal.

It’s one thing for companies to make masks in a short turn around, it’s another to start making more complicated products like ventilators. 

True, various green retooling would also take various lengths of time. Some could be super quick just like this. Think of all that could be done by know if people didn’t give cover to industry and politicians!