Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

We're still in this "half lock down" of sorts here in Michigan. Supposedly restrictions are being lifted on December 9th but I really don't see that happening. 

It's such a weird thing for my wife and I because 90% of our lives aren't even affected. The last 10% on concerns entertainment and even that is just an inconvenience, not something we're ttoally cut off from. We just have to drive an hour for entertainment instead of the usual 20 minutes. 

We never really went out to the movies and we rarely went out to dinner, so maybe that's why this half lock down doesn't matter to us. 

In any case, I'm curious to see what will actually happen on December 9th. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

We're still in this "half lock down" of sorts here in Michigan. Supposedly restrictions are being lifted on December 9th but I really don't see that happening. 

It's such a weird thing for my wife and I because 90% of our lives aren't even affected. The last 10% on concerns entertainment and even that is just an inconvenience, not something we're ttoally cut off from. We just have to drive an hour for entertainment instead of the usual 20 minutes. 

We never really went out to the movies and we rarely went out to dinner, so maybe that's why this half lock down doesn't matter to us. 

In any case, I'm curious to see what will actually happen on December 9th. 

I don't see how there's any chance the measures in place aren't extended for another four to six weeks. 

I think they limit their range not to discourage too many people.  If the time frame included both Thanksgiving and Christmas I would imagine more people would have disregarded them for Thanksgiving since they could at least tell themselves there's a chance they can get back to a normal life for Christmas.

The US saw over 200k positive tests in a 24 hour period yesterday for the first time since the outbreak of the pandemic.  More than 2800 people died, the deadliest day so far.  Sadly and unfortunately it doesn't look things will get better for awhile.  It's going to be a rough six to eight weeks.  

Agree. ^ In Anchorage...we just started our modified "hunker down." It will end Jan 1st. Thank goodness our mayor has taken control because what should be a statewide hunker down to help our hospitals is not happening because of our deadbeat governor who literally hasn't spoken about COVID in more than 2 weeks. He's hiding in his fuckin bunker with his BFF Trump. 

8 hours ago, downzy said:

I don't see how there's any chance the measures in place aren't extended for another four to six weeks. 

I think they limit their range not to discourage too many people.  If the time frame included both Thanksgiving and Christmas I would imagine more people would have disregarded them for Thanksgiving since they could at least tell themselves there's a chance they can get back to a normal life for Christmas.

The US saw over 200k positive tests in a 24 hour period yesterday for the first time since the outbreak of the pandemic.  More than 2800 people died, the deadliest day so far.  Sadly and unfortunately it doesn't look things will get better for awhile.  It's going to be a rough six to eight weeks.  

I can't use reactions on mobile for some reason, but I'll just say I agree. (oh and I like this post lol) 

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

My mother-in-law is fleeing our house. Very sad. She is afraid of Covid-19. No, none in my house has it, but my oldest daughter has a friend who is part of a theatre ensemble and one there has got it. So now my mother-in-law leaves us. Three degrees of separation, baby!

if I was living in your house, I'd be fleeing too!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, action said:

that's not what I said, shithead

Maybe I have been misunderstanding your posting in this thread, then because that is exactly what you said,

"told him, as far as I'm concerned, there is no corona. Were it not for the occasional hinderance of needing to deal with queues EVERYWHERE, and these stupid mouth masks, I wouldn't even know there was corona."

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Maybe I have been misunderstanding your posting in this thread, then because that is exactly what you said,

"told him, as far as I'm concerned, there is no corona. Were it not for the occasional hinderance of needing to deal with queues EVERYWHERE, and these stupid mouth masks, I wouldn't even know there was corona."

so I said, it DID affect me: queues and mouth masks.

as for me being selfish, that's true. So what?  it's who I am! and if you can't handle that, then be my guest and put me on fucking ignore thank you very fucking much.

all this thread you insult people with different views, who don't have the values you deem worthwhile. I have reached out to you in pm to explain my position, you understood me and apologised, and I don't recall ever doing the slightest thing to you. But still you seem to have short memory, and are throwing insults at me day after day (my reports of your posts seemingly going unnoticed).

jesus, stop acting like a frustrated dick!

• Like 1

We are kinda sorta getting our numbers under control!

There was some expert interviewed who was enthusing that we made the turn around way faster than other places that had a second wave.

When asked why he said “we don’t have many people of colour here.”

:facepalm::lol:

Possibly he could have phrased that better and not continued to sound so enthusiastic :lol:

Also, I don’t think that’s even true - we are very multicultural and have 5 Uni/colleges.

im pretty sure he meant that the govt workers who can all work from home are mostly white :lol:

... He needs to stop talking!

1 hour ago, soon said:

Typical right winger - playing the victim 

I am frustrated that I can't do the things I want. I don't want sympathy for that, I think you got that wrong. Selfish, I am. I try to do altruistic deeds sometimes, but that's like wearing a coat. I'm fundamentally indifferent, asocial even. I care about those in my inner circle, I'd do anything for them, but the world can go to hell.

If you want a sympathetic person to talk to, I hope you'll find someone but it sure as hell ain't me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, action said:

dude, please. you don't give a shit about people dying, whatever. But you're being boastful about it. Like 'look at me! corona so  what!'. I bet if you knew someone that died from getting it you'd have a very different attitude.

So it's not about other posters being dicks, it's you kinda doing your thing where you're being insensitive when it comes to serious issues (maybe you like the attention, that's cool) so don't be surprised if it doesn't sit well with some people, especially when we're talking about an epidemic that killed so many good people.

get your head out of your ass my friend. :heart:

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, action said:

I am frustrated that I can't do the things I want. I don't want sympathy for that, I think you got that wrong. Selfish, I am. I try to do altruistic deeds sometimes, but that's like wearing a coat. I'm fundamentally indifferent, asocial even. I care about those in my inner circle, I'd do anything for them, but the world can go to hell.

If you want a sympathetic person to talk to, I hope you'll find someone but it sure as hell ain't me.

You played victim when rightly called out for your inhuman and dangerous approach to the pandemic 

13 minutes ago, soon said:

You played victim when rightly called out for your inhuman and dangerous approach to the pandemic 

my attitude is not inhuman, nor is it dangerous. let me explain.

it is entirely human to be selfish, as it is part of our nature as animals. Look around you, there is selfishness everywhere. in society, among animals. it's the law of the fittest. It is inhuman (but socially desired) to be altruistic.

Dangerous, it isn't either. because contrary to some people, I don't attend clandestine parties, I don't travel, I just don't socialize period. Dangerous, to what? To your feelings, maybe.

When social tension arises, then the masks fall of and the 'real' character of the people shows: riots and violence.

You're also wrong when you say I play the victim. This would assume, that I would like to achieve "approval" of some sorts, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I speak my mind, but at the same time I don't wish bad on anyone, and for all my faults I hardly ever insult people. And that's more than what can be said about many other people on here, who wouldn't be deemed inhuman. I call BS on that.

Edited by action

21 minutes ago, Rovim said:

dude, please. you don't give a shit about people dying, whatever. But you're being boastful about it. Like 'look at me! corona so  what!'. I bet if you knew someone that died from getting it you'll have a very different attitude.

So it's not about other posters being dicks, it's you kinda doing your thing where you're being insensitive when it comes to serious issues (maybe you like the attention, that's cool) so don't be surprised if it doesn't sit well with some people, especially when we're talking about an epidemic that killed so many good people.

get your head out of your ass my friend. :heart:

If you read the first 5 pages of this thread, he is saying the complete opposite of what he's saying now. He was wearing a mouth mask before anyone else, or so he claimed. He was in quarantine while there were under 10 registered cases in his country, or so he claimed. And this is often the case with him, he changes tune more drastically than the seasons. It's hard to tell if he is real or not. I used to react to his posts because he talks so much nonsense and he contradicts himself all the time, but I realize now that he's either a troll and it's best for everyone to ignore him, or there's something not quite right about him and.... well, it's best for everyone to ignore him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, action said:

as for me being selfish, that's true. So what?  it's who I am! and if you can't handle that, then be my guest and put me on fucking ignore thank you very fucking much.

all this thread you insult people with different views, who don't have the values you deem worthwhile. I have reached out to you in pm to explain my position, you understood me and apologised, and I don't recall ever doing the slightest thing to you. But still you seem to have short memory, and are throwing insults at me day after day (my reports of your posts seemingly going unnoticed).

jesus, stop acting like a frustrated dick!

If anything, I would say I censor myself in this thread 

A lot of my posts in this thread express frustration because I genuinely do not understand how people don't grasp the pandemic. I really just don't get it. It's not in my comprehension. I thought I made some good posts about the vaccines a few weeks ago if you want more contributions, though 

So, I cannot stop acting like a frustrated dick. I tried taking a break from the forum a few months back, and will try and give it another go now. 

I do not think you are a bad person, you seem pretty emotional based on your posting. I think that can be a sign of empathy sometimes, I feel that way too. At the same time, I just don't believe some of the things I read in this thread and from other places. It saddens me a lot more than anything

7 minutes ago, action said:

it's hard enough for everyone as is and you don't need me to tell you how I don't care. Because I fucking well do, I'm just sick and tired of it all.

Just a few minutes ago you posted about being selfish and not caring about people outside your closest fruends/family. Hopefully this will be the last laughable contradiction and moronity I read from you. Bye bye. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, action said:

my attitude is not inhuman, nor is it dangerous. let me explain.

it is entirely human to be selfish, as it is part of our nature as animals. Look around you, there is selfishness everywhere. in society, among animals. it's the law of the fittest. It is inhuman (but socially desired) to be altruistic.

Dangerous, it isn't either. because contrary to some people, I don't attend clandestine parties, I don't travel, I just don't socialize period. Dangerous, to what? To your feelings, maybe.

When social tension arises, then the masks fall of and the 'real' character of the people shows: riots and violence.

You're also wrong when you say I play the victim. This would assume, that I would like to achieve "approval" of some sorts, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I speak my mind, but at the same time I don't wish bad on anyone, and for all my faults I hardly ever insult people. And that's more than what can be said about many other people on here, who wouldn't be deemed inhuman. I call BS on that.

Well then it must be some cosmic coincidence that you spout off all manner of right wing nonsense. And then like all other right wingers act like a victim when people correctly call you out. You must be the special right winger, the outlier, whose not as easily categorized. And its just by chance just that you come across like every other one of you.