UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

11 minutes ago, ruttu69 said:

They did film the whole tour

No they didn't, they RECORDED the whole tour. They used VIDEO cameras, but not FILM, like the Ritz, because they were recording a music video. There is a huge difference in quality there.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

No they didn't, they RECORDED the whole tour. They used VIDEO cameras, but not FILM, like the Ritz, because they were recording a music video. There is a huge difference in quality there.

Yup. Video is WWAAAAAYYYY cheaper than film stock 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ruttu69 said:

They did film the whole tour

Not on 35mm film.

Most of their vault could be remastered and I'd be happy if they released 1080 upscaled videos, but it couldn't be remastered in the quality of the Ritz show (or Pantages, Cathouse, or whatever other specific shows were shot on film).

17 minutes ago, smakci said:

they did a great job protecting  blu ray that thing hasn't leaked :P

Yes it has.

2 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

As for filming discussion - as someone who went through that ERA as a fan I can tell you - YES, all shows were professionaly recorded on camera and in audio format.

ALL those shows exist somewhere in PRO shot.

That's not the argument, we know they recorded almost the whole tour on tape (they just recorded what was shown on the screens) but only a few shows were shot on film.

A lot of their vault probably sounds like Coma from Live Era, and looks like this:

The Tokyo '92 shows were shot with special cameras, a few shows like the Ritz were shot on film, but most were just taped.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

That's not the argument, we know they recorded almost the whole tour on tape (they just recorded what was shown on the screens) but only a few shows were shot on film.

A lot of their vault probably sounds like Coma from Live Era, and looks like this:

The Tokyo '92 shows were shot with special cameras, a few shows like the Ritz were shot on film, but most were just taped.

TBF - folk like @FRANSAD do absolute wonders with some of the stuff which has ’leaked’ over the years.

If they really wanted to, they could really clean up stuff like Saskatoon for official release.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

TBF - folk like @FRANSAD do absolute wonders with some of the stuff which has ’leaked’ over the years.

If they really wanted to, they could really clean up stuff like Saskatoon for official release.

Yea that's what I was trying to say in my original post - they could remaster their footage into something that's definitely 'releasable', but it wouldn't be the quality of the Ritz show. The guy I originally quoted asked if the whole tour was filmed on 35mm.

I've seen few times where old shows shot on tape get released as "Standard Definition Blu-ray" (the Freddie Mercury Tribute Blu-ray comes to mind), and even at that the quality is perfectly acceptable. As long as it's cleaned up enough I see no reason why they couldn't give us the "Kissology" of Guns N' Roses.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea that's what I was trying to say in my original post - they could remaster their footage into something that's definitely 'releasable', but it wouldn't be the quality of the Ritz show. The guy I originally quoted asked if the whole tour was filmed on 35mm.

Ahh - agreed. Imagine how much it would have cost to film the whole tour on 35mm….🤣.

Ritz 88, Indiana 91, Saskatoon 93….all absolutely fit to go (Indiana 91 hopefully has a better audio source). Chicago….Chile….Cathouse…..

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

And Pantages 1991, some 1988, Cathouse 1989. Nothing else. But this is still a lot because we literally only have the Ritz right now released.

Pantages? Where is ? I don't know it, by the way The show from Paradise City video too was filmed?  In Giants Stadium New Jersey, right? 

Were the three warm-up shows for the tour filmed? RITZ, PANTAGES IN LA and?

Edited by TheSlashrose

29 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

People tend to mix up 35mm and recorded and honestly, who cares if it is 35mm as long as it was recorded and can be released if wanted.

Like ppl point out, it doesn't need to be recorded on fil in order to be released.

Off record...It was mentioned smw that 'Lori on the bongo' has passed away, anyone?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Pantages? Where is ? I don't know it, by the way The show from Paradise City video too was filmed?  In Giants Stadium New Jersey, right? 

Were the three warm-up shows for the tour filmed? RITZ, PANTAGES IN LA and?

I don't think the Warfield show was filmed, but we've seen bits of the Pantages show in the My Michelle and Mr Brownstone videos.

4 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

People tend to mix up 35mm and recorded and honestly, who cares if it is 35mm as long as it was recorded and can be released if wanted.

Like ppl point out, it doesn't need to be recorded on fil in order to be released.

Off record...It was mentioned smw that 'Lori on the bongo' has passed away, anyone?

Yea Slash originally uploaded the video on his instagram as a tribute to Lori and then GNR put it on their youtube channel.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Not on 35mm film.

Most of their vault could be remastered and I'd be happy if they released 1080 upscaled videos, but it couldn't be remastered in the quality of the Ritz show (or Pantages, Cathouse, or whatever other specific shows were shot on film).

Yes it has.

I wasn’t talking about 35 mm, they did film / tape all the shows

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They didn't "film" the whole UYI tour. I think only a small number of shows were shot on film, and (parts of) the Perfect Crime documentary. Most shows would probably be the quality of Saskatoon '93, and I'd be happy if they released shows in that quality, but it wouldn't be blu ray.

Like you would know that for a fact 😀