UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah 1993 wasn’t on live era either apart from the Japanese bonus track. The band must not look back on that year fondly :/

Indeed, that's disappointing though.

Edited by EvH
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Qobuz lists the full audio so if there was gonna be demos or “new” songs like Aint Goin Down we would’ve known by now.

The best we can hope for is that a demo tape is secretly included with the box like how that 1985 demo tape was secretly added to the AFD box.

I’m guessing it will be on a demos disc of a box set - something beyond what those editions are saying.

28 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

What we are seeing on Qobuz is already the super deluxe…

Yup - but for AFD there was standard, Super Deluxe and then the cabinet. So I’m thinking there will be a premium one above the super deluxe again (hopefully not as expensive).

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, darkside259 said:

why do you think this? 

Couple of reasons- two CDs of live seems very little to put in a box (especially as we know new audio mixes were worked on), and other bands have done similar style releases with one box then a bigger, more expensive box. 

I'm not going to pretend to have any more information than my own speculation though! 

There is no way they are not also selling an actual box set. As some have mentioned, why would Trocolli have been contacted to provide non musical items if they’re not going to use them? Now, the question is how much? Can’t possibly be $1k again, can it?

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Couple of reasons- two CDs of live seems very little to put in a box (especially as we know new audio mixes were worked on), and other bands have done similar style releases with one box then a bigger, more expensive box. 

I'm not going to pretend to have any more information than my own speculation though! 

i think the same :) 

and even so theres no official anuncment yet so the lack of positivism is very high here lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

There is no way they are not also selling an actual box set. As some have mentioned, why would Trocolli have been contacted to provide non musical items if they’re not going to use them? Now, the question is how much? Can’t possibly be $1k again, can it?

Bingo - no chance troccoli has only given a couple of photos/flyers and that’s it. And no way is there no edition available with vinyl etc. As you say - it just needs better priced.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Yup - but for AFD there was standard, Super Deluxe and then the cabinet. So I’m thinking there will be a premium one above the super deluxe again (hopefully not as expensive).

Yeah but the only extra stuff the cabinet had was the 1985 demo tape. So I wouldn’t expect much from a “locked n loaded” version of UYI.

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah but the only extra stuff the cabinet had was the 1985 demo tape. So I wouldn’t expect much from a “locked n loaded” version of UYI.

I get your point re the tape…..I just can’t believe there will be no edition with demos. Which makes me think there will be a super-ultra-mega edition.

In reality - those editions announced are for casual fans….are they going to be wanting the alt-mixes etc like us saddos? 🤣 I’m thinking no - those thing will be saved for the big set….I hope anyway!

• Like 1

A box set that doesn’t include pro shot footage from the Illusions is just not something I’m interested in. I’m tired of reliving the past with this band already. I’d love some new material. Or new footage, like I said. Make it worth the hundreds I’m sure they’ll charge. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

what was on that demo tape? I never really got a clear answer

1. Welcome to the Jungle
2. Anything Goes
3. Don't Cry
4. Back Off Bitch (labelled "Back Off")
5. Think About You

From sessions in 1985

Edited by DTJ80