Standout tracks on 4

axl666

8 hours ago, janrichmond said:

WoF is a banging song!

8 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Another song that suffer from Myles to me. I know we heard some instrumental parts of it in those Reel videos about making of the album and that got me really excited. Myles vocals were a let down to me but after the main solo it starts to be a banger again. :headbang:

• Like 2

Actually WOF is well produced and album sounds better than live performances, the vocal layering they did (Myles with Todd) is really good and some of that magic is missing live. During WOF and Fortress recordings, Myles challenged himself with really hard melodies to sing (World On Fire, Bent To Fly, All Ends Well, Calm The Fire), he ages after all and during a 2h gig it's not that easy to sing them anymore. He even sings Starlight differently now...

Actually I can't find a bad track after 9 years, even cuts like Iris of The Storm that I wouldnt listen to before I kinda like nowadays.

This song is more GNR than actual GNR lol.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • GNFNR 1

8 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Actually WOF is well produced and album sounds better than live performances, the vocal layering they did (Myles with Todd) is really good and some of that magic is missing live. During WOF and Fortress recordings, Myles challenged himself with really hard melodies to sing (World On Fire, Bent To Fly, All Ends Well, Calm The Fire), he ages after all and during a 2h gig it's not that easy to sing them anymore. He even sings Starlight differently now...

Actually I can't find a bad track after 9 years, even cuts like Iris of The Storm that I wouldnt listen to before I kinda like nowadays.

This song is more GNR than actual GNR lol.

The videos are gone, which songs were they?

I finally got to listen to all of the Slash albums.

remember really being into Apocalyptic Love when it came out. The stand outs for me were No More Heroes, Anastasia, Not For Me and Shots Fired.

Then I didn't really like World On Fire when it came out. But listening to it again, there are some good songs in there: Automatic Overdrive, Shadow Life, Iris of the Storm and The Dissident.

I had never really taken the time to really listen to Living The Dream, but now after listening, I'd say my favourites were Mind Your Manners, Slow Grind, Boulevard of Broken Hearts and Driving Rain.

Now with 4, I had listened to it a couple of times but never got into it. After another careful listen, I'd choose The River is Rising, C'est La Vie, Actions Speak Louder Than Words and April Fool.

SMKC isn't really the type of music I like to listen to, I find it kinda bubblegum/high school/":headbang:" rock music which tends to turn me off, and I think Myles' lyrics (or whoever writes them) are really cringey (especially in the last two records, for some readon). But in the end, it's got Slash playing and he's amazing. I'm not gonna be listening to it in my free time or while I work but I'd go see them live again (last time I went was the AL tour).

If I had to rank these albums, it'd go: AL, WoF, 4 and then LTD.

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

Fill My World is the only song you like from the last two albums.

There's much cooler songs on 4 than FMW imo. That's a nice pop-rock song, could've been a hit in another time and place, but there's much better rock songs on the album,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

There's much cooler songs on 4 than FMW imo. That's a nice pop-rock song, could've been a hit in another time and place, but there's much better rock songs on the album,

Definitely agree. FMW would be a 'hit' if it was the first single, with a sad dog POV music video xd 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1