2023 WORLD TOUR

Just now, allwaystired said:

I'd be inclined to go with that, yeah.

They'll become memes/GIFs etc pretty quickly, if it's especially bad, but I'm not sure that matters much at this late stage. 

as long as it won't lead to anarchy in the streets, I think they'll be alright.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

I honestly don't think it will be reviewed as badly as people think it will. It's pretty clear the diehards here think differently to everyone else.

The vast majority of shows since 2016 have been reviewed positively in general reviews etc, while in this forum almost all of them have been mocked.

If GN'R do Glastonbury, I bet everyone in the forum will moan and mock as they always do, while the general public will largely say it was alright, then get on with their lives.

This whole 'it's going to be terrible amd ruin the band forever' crap just will not happen. Look at the band as a casual – a red headed bloke will sing Sweet Child O'Mine while standing next to a fella in a top hat, everyone in the crowd will be to preoccupied with singing along to care, everyone will have a good time, and move on

it's going to be fine, either way. If Axl sounds like shit nothing will happen. Some fans are just delusional imho. And I think it will probably be a pretty good show. Hopefully Axl will have a good night, vocally speaking.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I have a shit feeling that they're not coming to do a show in my country. Sucks, but anyone thinks that maybe they're just clumsy like always, and will announce a proper euro tour soon or I just don't know what I'm talking about?

Ah, none of us know what we're talking about really.....but time is ticking on and there's no dates and a LOT of competition for people's money from other touring bands in a cost of living crisis. Who knows?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Ah, none of us know what we're talking about really.....but time is ticking on and there's no dates and a LOT of competition for people's money from other touring bands in a cost of living crisis. Who knows?  

I'm less than optimistic when it comes to a proper euro tour and around the clock touring. I wish the band will communicate more. Already pictured myself going to the show and then nothing, but maybe there's still time, who knows like you said,

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I have a shit feeling that they're not coming to do a show in my country. Sucks, but anyone thinks that maybe they're just clumsy like always, and will announce a proper euro tour soon or I just don't know what I'm talking about?

I think it they announce dates further into the year for the US, before already having their potential Euro dates announced... Then the shows this side of the world will be just in England. But who knows. The only other thing that makes sense to me is that they are just playing festivals, so they don't need to worry about selling tickets all by themselves. Even the most optimistic/naive person in gnr management would have to agree that selling a summer stadium / outdoor tour with less that 5 months to the date is a risky proposition.

Rock radio station in St. Louis was supposed to make a major concert announcement this morning for Busch Stadium. Got pushed back to Tuesday morning now and the DJ said "this artist is known for changing stuff all the time". I can't see it being anyone else than who we think and hope for...

• GNFNR 1

19 hours ago, Jeffc2022 said:

This guy on Reddit said he is working with one of the Venues & that there is gonna be 21 dates (17 in US, 4 Canada) 

he mentioned: 

Nashville, Knoxville, Meadowlands, Ft. Lauderdale, Hershey, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Lexington, St. Louis, Raleigh, Houston, San Antonio, biloxi, Quebec, Toronto, New Brunswick https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/113x4rj/are_they_going_on_tour_this_year/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I’ve been hoping for years that they would come to Knoxville, would be incredible if they do come to East Tennessee 

12 hours ago, Drew Nicholson said:

I’ve been hoping for years that they would come to Knoxville, would be incredible if they do come to East Tennessee 

I was so stoked to see Nashville I totally missed Knoxville. We will be at both if it happens.

Hoping they play a small venue again too like the Hardrock.

• Like 1