2023 WORLD TOUR

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

I’ve just literally shown you how the reputation is still relevant, as some potential concert-goers base their decisions on it. Just because you don’t like it and say it’s irrelevant, that doesn’t change the reality. Yes, some people are less informed (that’s why I used the "what’s SCOM folks"), some are more; a GNR concert crowd isn’t an invariable, uniform mass, there are degrees of "fandomship" and knowledge. 

"expect Axl to play 12 brand new songs" – that’s classic logical fallacy BS called strawman, or appeal to extremes. Typical here. 

Yes, since the rock icons have reunited, GNR still make money, and why shouldn’t they. Which changes nothing about the fact some people (like me, and I believe I can consider myself a die-hard) are affected by the negative stuff surrounding the band (mainly lack of new material). Had they released a new record prior to 2022, I would have attended the show. Many casuals have seen them and may not go again; after all, there’s shit to pay and other bands to see. This could be different with the old stuff mixed with new record songs, including videos, interviews, proper promo, etc., just the things other bands normally do. They could do NITL for another decade for all we know, but the numbers will be dropping (I believe that’s already started). 

I’ll conclude this pointless thing by saying that whether we like it or not, different people like different things, and the band’s (Axl’s) decisions do have an impact on the sales. 
After all, this applies to any band, but the quantity of fuckery surrounding this particular band, that the fans have had to put up with, is quite unique. 
Please don’t forget to tell me to perhaps focus on a different band, quit getting my hopes up, accept things as they are, and above all, stop these... complaints complaints! 
Over and out. 

Well said.

Haha yes the classic 'If you say something bad (even if true) against Axl or the band, you must shut up/ go somewhere else/ aren't a real fan/ a moaner, an idiot' There are 2/3 members on this forum that so badly wish they were Jarmo, and think that defending the indefensible to strangers will put them on that gravy train. 

it won't guys. And it's ok. We feel your pain. If any of you need a hug, I'm here. I won't hold your delusion against you. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

You're conflating Axls ability to sell massive amounts of tickets, with his ease to work with. No one here will argue Axl isnt a superstar who is a hall of famer. Doesn't mean he is an easy to work with bloke. The revolving door of promoters, managers, band members and venue bans testify to this. 

And yes, fans may be wrong about his on stage time, but when you are late (by hours, causing riots, no shows and ruining peoples nights) for 30 years, it's a hard tag to shake off. Axl doesnt sound terrible at the venue, though he doesnt sound great. Axl does sound bad on film. again, as every comment suggests. there's been nothing for a long while to suggest he'll suddenly be at 2010 levels for glastonbury which is a notoriously tough audience. 

I'll give you an example of modern Axl. At download festival 2018 GnR headlined. Axl demanded a separate backstage area of the highest standards be built specifically for him - no one else. This was on top of the enormous cost hiring GnR comes with. So they built it, rearranged the back stage, and made the Axl only backstage area. He turned up before the show, threw his jacket in, then went on stage, played a great 3 hour show, then went straight to his helicopter and flew off. to facilitie the helicopter the crowd (of which i was in) was held back for 20 minutes after the show from leaving so he could get to his helipad. Now, this is the nice best of the best Axl. Promoters do not like working for or with him, but will tolerate this shit if the £££ and $$$$ are rolling in. 

you're moving the goal posts now, making it about how difficult Axl is. Anyway, I think this festival show's outcome, whatever the quality of Axl vocals is going to be, won't effect future earnings and I also think that Axl's demands on venues are a non-issue.

in addition, I was just trying to discuss the topic at hand cause I felt like what you said wasn't true and tried my best to explain why I disagreed.

I've noticed that when some posters don't have anything to back up their claims they just try make it about the poster who disagrees with them, like you're doing now, and make it seem like I'm not objective which I don't believe I am and I'm sure you can't provide a single example of a post I've made that its goal was to defend Axl.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

you're moving the goal posts now, making it about how difficult Axl is. Anyway, I think this festival show's outcome, whatever the quality of Axl vocals is going to be, won't effect future earnings and I also think that Axl's demands on venues are a non-issue.

in addition, I was just trying to discuss the topic at hand cause I felt like what you said wasn't true and tried my best to explain why I disagreed.

I've noticed that when some posters don't have anything to back up their claims they just try make it about the poster who disagrees with them, like you're doing now, and make it seem like I'm not objective which I don't believe I am and I'm sure you can't provide a single example of a post I've made that its goal was to defend Axl.

The whole debate was about Axl and his/ the bands reputation. the points made are about exactly that. especially in comparison to paul McCartney who was given an easier ride than GnR will be at Glastonbury. You can bet 'one in a million' 'it's so easy' 'Get in the ring' etc will all be regurgitated in the press and online community when GnR are confirmed for Glastonbury. Older straight white men with a history of misogyny, racism and homophobia (to the uninformed causal) are not well liked at glasto. Especially if they also carry a reputation of tardiness and having lost their ability to sing. If Axl delivers a 2017-2022 performance it will be ridiculed here in the UK. You know more about Axl and Gnr than the average festival goer. they will see the headlines, listen with their ears and destroy him. Sad, but true. Unless of course we get the 2010 Axl vocally and maybe a few new songs with modern 'woke' or progressive lyrics and attitudes portayed that hits with casuals. And believe me i pray that happens. 

• Like 1

I didn't know that Download thing- interesting.

Given that they've only one show confirmed, and speculation that money might be the issue for them not confirming other dates.... Axl's demands could also reasonably be a factor now, if they are unreasonably high. 

If he/ they are wanting what he/they wanted in 2016/2017 then that's going to be a big sticking point for bookers and promoters 7 years into the same tour, as there is no way the return on their investment is going to be the same. 

11 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

The whole debate was about Axl and his/ the bands reputation. the points made are about exactly that. especially in comparison to paul McCartney who was given an easier ride than GnR will be at Glastonbury. You can bet 'one in a million' 'it's so easy' 'Get in the ring' etc will all be regurgitated in the press and online community when GnR are confirmed for Glastonbury. Older straight white men with a history of misogyny, racism and homophobia (to the uninformed causal) are not well liked at glasto. Especially if they also carry a reputation of tardiness and having lost their ability to sing. If Axl delivers a 2017-2022 performance it will be ridiculed here in the UK. You know more about Axl and Gnr than the average festival goer. they will see the headlines, listen with their ears and destroy him. Sad, but true. Unless of course we get the 2010 Axl vocally and maybe a few new songs with modern 'woke' or progressive lyrics and attitudes portayed that hits with casuals. And believe me i pray that happens. 

it isn't sad, and it's not true. I'll just wait and see, but you seem to ignore the entire reunion era which went without a hitch for the most part, at least when it comes to Axl. He seems to give it 100% and most crowds seem to go home satisfied plus the benefit of having Slash up there with him. Not the same like unreliable 90's Axl or a Slashless Gn'R.

maybe Glastonbury is different, but even if that's true, it's only one (big) televised festival show so my opinion is that if it will be a weak show, the negative effect won't be big enough to influence Gn'R too much if at all. 

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

it isn't sad, and it's not true. I'll just wait and see, but you seem to ignore the entire reunion era which went without a hitch for the most part, at least when it comes to Axl. He seems to give it 100% and most crowds seem to go home satisfied plus the benefit of having Slash up there with him. Not the same like unreliable 90's Axl or a Slashless Gn'R.

maybe Glastonbury is different, but even if that's true, it's only one (big) televised festival show so my opinion is that if it will be a weak show, the negative effect won't be big enough to influence Gn'R too much if at all. 

I don't know what the obsession with this festival is about. Lots of people outside of the UK have never heard of it. If they will give a terrible performance and receive some negative reviews, I'm sure it won't affect much at all.

• Like 4

Just now, EvanG said:

I don't know what the obsession with this festival is about. Lots of people outside of the UK have never heard of it. If they will give a terrible performance and receive some negative reviews, I'm sure it won't affect much at all.

honestly, maybe the obsession is not just or even with this festival. It's just a small group of fans who are anxious for Axl to fuck this up cause they're bored and bitter about not getting enough from Axl/Gn'R when it comes to new music (32 years!)  and it's a good way to blow some steam cause there isn't much going on right now and it's fun for them to point out all the negative shit, all the time?

nah, can't be... I'm just being defensive of redheads as per usual. Everything is riding on this 1 festival show. Makes sense.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

You're conflating Axls ability to sell massive amounts of tickets, with his ease to work with. No one here will argue Axl isnt a superstar who is a hall of famer. Doesn't mean he is an easy to work with bloke. The revolving door of promoters, managers, band members and venue bans testify to this. 

And yes, fans may be wrong about his on stage time, but when you are late (by hours, causing riots, no shows and ruining peoples nights) for 30 years, it's a hard tag to shake off. Axl doesnt sound terrible at the venue, though he doesnt sound great. Axl does sound bad on film. again, as every comment suggests. there's been nothing for a long while to suggest he'll suddenly be at 2010 levels for glastonbury which is a notoriously tough audience. 

I'll give you an example of modern Axl. At download festival 2018 GnR headlined. Axl demanded a separate backstage area of the highest standards be built specifically for him - no one else. This was on top of the enormous cost hiring GnR comes with. So they built it, rearranged the back stage, and made the Axl only backstage area. He turned up before the show, threw his jacket in, then went on stage, played a great 3 hour show, then went straight to his helicopter and flew off. to facilitate the helicopter the crowd (of which i was in) was held back for 20 minutes after the show from leaving so he could get to his helipad. Now, this is the nice best of the best Axl. Promoters do not like working for or with him, but will tolerate this shit if the £££ and $$$$ are rolling in. 

Were you backstage at Download to witness Axl only using his special backstage area to place his jacket? Or do you have a reliable source? 

In terms of being held back for 20 mins I don't recall that, seemed like the majority of the crowd dispersed fairly quickly when they finished or were you trying to get to a particular area where they held people back. 

Just now, Rovim said:

honestly, maybe the obsession is not just or even with this festival. It's just a small group of fans who are anxious for Axl to fuck this up cause they're bored and bitter about not getting enough from Axl/Gn'R when it comes to new music (32 years!)  and it's a good way to blow some steam cause there isn't much going on right now and it's fun for them to point out all the negative shit, all the time?

nah, can't be... I'm just being defensive of redheads as per usual. Everything is riding on this 1 festival show. Makes sense.

Oh no, an excuse to make the same complaint about Axl/GnR, which they have made a few hundred times before, can't be it.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, waxl1974 said:

Were you backstage at Download to witness Axl only using his special backstage area to place his jacket? Or do you have a reliable source? 

In terms of being held back for 20 mins I don't recall that, seemed like the majority of the crowd dispersed fairly quickly when they finished or were you trying to get to a particular area where they held people back. 

Yes that is from a source, security guy at the festival. However it did also get into the press. Just done a quick google search and here's a reference to it among other things in the rider request. https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/guns-n-roses-demand-posh-12673549 and here https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicnews/guns-roses-paid-download-festival-1148263.html

Yep we were held back on the way to the camp, it was the race course exit side, the other side was ok and then anyone going to caravans VIP etc were ok too. That side was where the helicopter was waiting

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

:lol: I'd like nothing more than Axl to smash it out the park. but that will not happen. In terms of their future in the UK? yes it is riding on this gig. especially at their age. it's not like they're going to suddenly get better age 67 is it. 

3 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

but that will not happen. In terms of their future in the UK? yes it is riding on this gig. especially at their age. it's not like they're going to suddenly get better age 67 is it. 

with posts like these, I really hope you're a good hugger.

Gosh, so those Glastonbury guys must be big morons. Organizing the most important and biggest festival in the world and obviously having no clue that Axl will suck and be a total asshole. Or do they just want to piss the concert goers (and all tv viewers around the world) off and ruin the reputation of the best and greatest festival in the world by scheduling a washed up misogynistic hasbeen who behaves like an utter diva and is a nightmare to work with?

Maybe someone here should alert whoever's in charge and warn them of the mistake they're (possibly) making.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Lio said:

Gosh, so those Glastonbury guys must be big morons. Organizing the most important and biggest festival in the world and obviously having no clue that Axl will suck and be a total asshole. Or do they just want to piss the concert goers (and all tv viewers around the world) off and ruin the reputation of the best and greatest festival in the world by scheduling a washed up misogynistic hasbeen who behaves like an utter diva and is a nightmare to work with?

Maybe someone here should alert whoever's in charge and warn them of the mistake they're (possibly) making.

There's a lot here🤣

But I think you're giving Glastonbury a bit much credit there. Definitely a huge festival. But most important?🤣 give me a break. Glastonbury is where people go to get pissed and hear the lastest flavour of the month and a taste of some famous still living legends from the 70/80/90s... GNR fit the bill really well.

"behaves like an utter diva and is a nightmare to work with?" what fucking year is it?🤣 GNR have been touring since 2016 with this run and so far he's walked of zero times, and has showed up on time, and from all reports the band are getting on great and anyone who's met him have all been pleasantly surprised that he was none of the things you said. How is that hard to deal with?

Washed up misogynistic, fair points... best and greatest festival in the world🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 My oh my! Glastonbury is a overhyped piece of shit for a bunch of fairweather music fans, it's very little to do with music and more the "experience". Get pissed, take some drugs, maybe half listen to a few bands and take a lot of pictures for social media.

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

:lol: I'd like nothing more than Axl to smash it out the park. but that will not happen. In terms of their future in the UK? yes it is riding on this gig. especially at their age. it's not like they're going to suddenly get better age 67 is it. 

Nah, people at the gig will love it, reviewers and some people at home might slate it... but in 2024 when they announce their next stadium show in london, it'll still sell just fine

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

There's a lot here🤣

But I think you're giving Glastonbury a bit much credit there. Definitely a huge festival. But most important?🤣 give me a break. Glastonbury is where people go to get pissed and hear the lastest flavour of the month and a taste of some famous still living legends from the 70/80/90s... GNR fit the bill really well.

"behaves like an utter diva and is a nightmare to work with?" what fucking year is it?🤣 GNR have been touring since 2016 with this run and so far he's walked of zero times, and has showed up on time, and from all reports the band are getting on great and anyone who's met him have all been pleasantly surprised that he was none of the things you said. How is that hard to deal with?

Washed up misogynistic, fair points... best and greatest festival in the world🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 My oh my! Glastonbury is a overhyped piece of shit for a bunch of fairweather music fans, it's very little to do with music and more the "experience". Get pissed, take some drugs, maybe half listen to a few bands and take a lot of pictures for social media.

She was being ironic in regards to the bullshit that has been posted here the last few pages.

• Like 1

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

She was being ironic in regards to the bullshit that has been posted here the last few pages.

I didn't read the last few pages. This is where emojis come into play on the interwebs. This seemed like some nutty Glastonbury fan had signed up for mygnr

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

Is sarcasm really lost on some?

Suck a fart Evan🖕 I didn't realise you had to read back several pages to answer one post with no reference to previous posts. We can't all be as smart as you (I was being sarcastic there btw)

Just now, Tom2112 said:

Suck a fart Evan🖕 I didn't realise you had to read back several pages to answer one post with no reference to previous posts. We can't all be as smart as you (I was being sarcastic there btw)

You don’t have to be smart or read back a few posts to detect the sarcasm in that post, haha.

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

You don’t have to be smart or read back a few posts to detect the sarcasm in that post, haha.

Sure thing, because there's no fans on here that write out their most sincere lunacy on here every day, which one could view as "ah they are just being ironic" but in reality, no. Reading it again, it still sounds like many, many other posts I've read over the years on here that people were 100% not being sarcastic on. You just have such a large brain, oh super, super smart Evan... here's your star!!

Anyway jog on 🤣

"All thing considered we are just figuring out what to do next and what fits the best to all involved."

Summing up 24 years of Axl talking about GNR and 8 years of Slash talking about the band.

Let's not forget, it's almost 8 years since the band first reunited.

8 years!!! And 15 since I joined the board (I'm getting old, and tired, my back hurts, there's no future, aliens are coming).

I think we fight for no reason at all...

Edited by Legendador
  • Haha 1

Just now, Legendador said:

8 years!!

Are you for real?!
This is being repeated on here on a daily basis. You think someone forgets?

Seriously, what is it with you people and constantly repeating the same thing and what everyone already knows? Genuine question.

11 minutes ago, Legendador said:

"All thing considered we are just figuring out what to do next and what fits the best to all involved."

Summing up 24 years of Axl talking about GNR and 8 years of Slash talking about the band.

8 years!!! And 15 since I joined the board (I'm getting old, and tired, my back hurts, there's no future, aliens are coming).

I think we fight for no reason at all...

Wrong thread