2023 WORLD TOUR

3 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Assuming the Europe dates are to be announced it's pretty last minute but not too late yet, especially if any non-festival dates run into August (might see more outdoor 30,000 capacity venues than stadiums etc?). Would love a Europe arena tour but big doubt that :cry:

The delay on date announcement for the Glasgow show is weird. I'm guessing it's a result of deals from Hyde Park & Glastonbury. Hopefully once the Line-up for that is announced they'll be free to announce this. I'd like to go to the Hyde Park show if possible. 

Motely Crue & Def Leppard moved to glasgow green on the thursday, Could GNR be the Wednesday (TRNSMT Fri-Sun) Would help with costs of staging etc.

Otherwise are they maybe in Hampden on 21-22 before RHCP? 

Glastonbury never restricts bands on announcing other dates which makes it very weird. They usually announce their full lineup in May as it sells out instantly regardless of who is on. 

Hyde Park could have that clout, but it's been a long time since that got announced, so that seems doubtful again. 

I really think now that something strange is going on with the bookings. The Glasgow thing is so odd, as it really takes quite little to just set a date, with no new contracts etc needed. 

I wouldn't be surprised at this stage if they decide not to tour and pull Hyde Park. If they are planning to just do Glastonbury as a prestige thing and then Hyde Park, then I could see that....but that still leaves Glasgow in limbo, which can't go on much longer. 

24 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I wouldn't be surprised at this stage if they decide not to tour and pull Hyde Park. If they are planning to just do Glastonbury as a prestige thing and then Hyde Park, then I could see that....but that still leaves Glasgow in limbo, which can't go on much longer. 

SHUT UP!!

Now a bit in feb still nothing for Glasgow that last twice it was rescheduled it was announced earlier than this maybe they might cancel it all together us Scot’s would just like a update to say what’s going on though.  Have they forgotten they owe Glasgow a date 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

SHUT UP!!

Is it financially worth them flying to the UK for one show? Glastonbury is famous for not paying much. 

I don't know. It's not like them to cancel shows these days, but, just throwing the idea out there in the absence of any news on tour dates at all and a ticking clock! 

11 minutes ago, TAYLOR said:

Now a bit in feb still nothing for Glasgow that last twice it was rescheduled it was announced earlier than this maybe they might cancel it all together us Scot’s would just like a update to say what’s going on though.  Have they forgotten they owe Glasgow a date 😂😂😂

Have you tried hassling Ticketmaster for news? Be interesting to see what they say. 

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Is it financially worth them flying to the UK for one show? Glastonbury is famous for not paying much. 

I don't know. It's not like them to cancel shows these days, but, just throwing the idea out there in the absence of any news on tour dates at all and a ticking clock! 

If that's the case, then maybe that is the reason why they also do Hyde Park. But whatever, still not sold on Glastonbury. Would make sense though to announce Hyde Park as the "only" date they are doing, if that is the case. However they would phrase it (should Glastonbury indeed be part of the schedule). That would help Hyde Park, that would help the fans and it wouldn't matter for Glastonbury, which is sold out anyway.

Edited by PatrickS77

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

If that's the case, then maybe that is the reason why they also do Hyde Park. But whatever, still not sold on Glastonbury. Would make sense though to announce Hyde Park as the "only" date they are doing, if that is the case. However they would phrase it (should Glastonbury indeed be part of the schedule). That would help Hyde Park, that would help the fans and it wouldn't matter for Glastonbury, which is sold out anyway.

Duff confirmed Glastonbury. Clip is above somewhere. 

Hyde Park could have 'exclusivity' for a bit, but it's been a while now, and they have to do something about Glasgow, one way or the other. 

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

just the name of a local Edmonton band. Not our Slash, Gn'R Slash.

Got it! Weird that he has it listed as his show on his website though! 

Edited by allwaystired

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Additional Info

Edmonton's own Slash and the Bleeding Hearts returns to the Century Showroom stage. Saturday, June 17th, 2023! (This is Slash and the Bleeding Hearts a band founded in Edmonton, not to be mistaken with Slash from Guns N' Roses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Additional Info

Edmonton's own Slash and the Bleeding Hearts returns to the Century Showroom stage. Saturday, June 17th, 2023! (This is Slash and the Bleeding Hearts a band founded in Edmonton, not to be mistaken with Slash from Guns N' Roses.

Haha- someone should send that to whoever is running his official website as they're certainly confused! 

https://www.slashonline.com/tour/

Edited by allwaystired

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Whatever. You just fell for Slash posting a concert that isn't him. :lol: :lol: I won't believe Glastonbury until it's officially announced.

On 1/22/2023 at 8:53 PM, carsonskitz said:

They’re about 6 years too late to headline Glastonbury, they’ll get torn to pieces online. I love the band but I’m dreading this if it is indeed true. 

Agreed. It won't be a Guns crowd and they'll be there for Sweet Child and Paradise City not Chinese songs ... and certainly not Mickey Mouse. 

Axl could get bottled and storm off stage 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Whatever. You just fell for Slash posting a concert that isn't him. :lol: :lol: I won't believe Glastonbury until it's officially announced.

Call me naive, but when a band lists dates on their website.....I tend to think it's actually them! 

Well, Glastonbury is happening.....but we'll have to wait until May time for the lineup! 

10 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Agreed. It won't be a Guns crowd and they'll be there for Sweet Child and Paradise City not Chinese songs ... and certainly not Mickey Mouse. 

Axl could get bottled and storm off stage 

TBH - that headliner set is at Glastonbury is usually much shorter than the usual GNR gig. It’s not impossible for him to ‘push it’ a bit for a smaller set. And TBH….there have been many artists who have played that slot WELL past their prime and most fans/attendees don’t care! If he is ‘ballpark’ all will be fine.

As time passes it's starting to feel more and more likely that its Glastonbury, and then Hyde Park thrown in to justify them travelling over here. Glasgow is still a possibility of course especially considering the cancellations (PLURAL!!), but I can't for the life of me figure out why we've not heard anything yet.

A full Europe tour sounds less and less likely now, especially if Slash starts doing his own things prior to the guns dates.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

did he say so?

I think that rumour was started by me actually- I noticed he had got a live date for June listed on his website, but apparently it's a different Slash and whoever runs his website has put it up, for some inexplicable reason! 

Surreal, but it's definitely not him! 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

There's going to be a download Germany this year in 23/24 June. They'd have to play to days in a row since they'll do glasto. We'll see

I expect that's unlikely- it's normally two or three days between gigs for them isn't it, unless it's the same venue? 

Edited by allwaystired