2023 WORLD TOUR

7 minutes ago, klakly said:

Yes, I saw the birthday trend, but I meant something different.

I'm definitely going to make a mistake, but I thought Axl's birthday was a good date to announce the shows talked about here.

Sorry , i realise this  now .  i read it all wrong lol . i found the thread. no worries 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 2:35 AM, mystery said:

I wanted to do the rough math on the amount of touring they've done through different eras of their history and came up with this. I know different legs had different names but I went by the years they toured consecutively and by era which leaves out the 2 1990 shows they did which feels sandwiched between 2 eras. There might also be award show appearances counted in here.

Appetite Era: 1987-1989-(182)
Use Your Illusion Era: 1991-1993-(196)
Chinese Democracy Era: 2001-2002-(27)
2006-2007-(94)
2009-2014-(232)
Not In This Lifetime Era: 2016-2022-(249)

I would say CD era lasted from 2001 to 2014.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 3:13 PM, TheSlashrose said:

Man, Guns would have survived grunge like Aerosmith and Bon Jovi did, the rest of the bands were swept away. And tell me did grunge survive? No. We have Pearl Jam out there as the only survivor, not even Nirvana would have been able to survive past 1994 even if Kurt hadn't died.

it is not grunge Gunners couldn't survive, it was - AXL.

Unless you oversleeped 30 years.

14 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I would say CD era lasted from 2001 to 2014.

I basically grouped them together with 2001-02, 2006-07, and 2009-14 as sub-groups. It was all Chinese Democracy but 2006-07 feels like a world of difference from 2009-14. If you add all the shows from that era you get 353 shows from 2001-2014.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mystery said:

I basically grouped them together with 2001-02, 2006-07, and 2009-14 as sub-groups. It was all Chinese Democracy but 2006-07 feels like a world of difference from 2009-14. If you add all the shows from that era you get 353 shows from 2001-2014.

Yeah. It sets the record for the longest era ever. ;) And if anything '09-'14 should be the CD era.

• Like 1

I'm beggining to think this isn't a full European tour.

Im assuming they had to do Glasgow, and see what was available last minute around Europe as the main festivals would have been booked up. 

I'm thinking around 8 shows maximum for Europe. I think we would have heard alot more roumers if it was an 18 show type tour.

6 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

I'm beggining to think this isn't a full European tour.

Im assuming they had to do Glasgow, and see what was available last minute around Europe as the main festivals would have been booked up. 

I'm thinking around 8 shows maximum for Europe. I think we would have heard alot more roumers if it was an 18 show type tour.

Yes it's quite obvious by now this isn't going to be a big tour. But still, you'd think they would have sorted things out by now. Especially the Glasgow shit. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Yes it's quite obvious by now this isn't going to be a big tour. But still, you'd think they would have sorted things out by now. Especially the Glasgow shit. 

It's really weird that, as they'll need to use the stage set up in the park there for the other gigs happening (assuming they don't change venues) so you'd think it was already sorted out when they can do, and they've probably sold most of the tickets for it that they're going to already. Can't understand the delay on that one at all. 

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's really weird that, as they'll need to use the stage set up in the park there for the other gigs happening (assuming they don't change venues) so you'd think it was already sorted out when they can do, and they've probably sold most of the tickets for it that they're going to already. Can't understand the delay on that one at all. 

If the Glasgow show wasn't sold out last year, I assume the rest of the tickets will be on sale when they set a date? It really is strange that they cancelled it and still haven't announced a new date. I see here that plenty of people are sitting with tickets and getting increasingly frustrated - perfectly understandable. 

If there won't be any shows in the Scandinavian countries or Germany I'm up for going to Glasgow, maybe see you there!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JasmineSwe said:

If the Glasgow show wasn't sold out last year, I assume the rest of the tickets will be on sale when they set a date? It really is strange that they cancelled it and still haven't announced a new date. I see here that plenty of people are sitting with tickets and getting increasingly frustrated - perfectly understandable. 

If there won't be any shows in the Scandinavian countries or Germany I'm up for going to Glasgow, maybe see you there!

It wasn't sold out, so yeah, the other tickets will go on sale when/if they reschedule it.....

Edit: you can actually buy tickets for it now, for those that fancy a gamble! 

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/guns-n-roses-glasgow-05-07-2022/event/36005837EFD564DF

Edited by allwaystired

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

It wasn't sold out, so yeah, the other tickets will go on sale when/if they reschedule it.....

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/guns-n-roses-glasgow-05-07-2022/event/36005837EFD564DF

It says none available 

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

6 minutes ago, UK_GNR said:

Metallica are playing the shows in the Summer doing two shows different setlists Fri & Sun, maybe GNR can just do the Thursday and Saturday with the same basis of two setlists :-D

Note - this is a joke! 

GNR would play Patience one night and Don't Cry the next night, and say it's two different setlists. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Jeffc2022 said:

maybe they’re just doing a few Europe shows then a US tour

That seems the most likely. There was someone earlier in the thread saying they're playing Canada in the summer too. So probably a "warm-up" European tour (maybe half a dozen shows) then a North American tour.

8 minutes ago, UK_GNR said:

Don't Cry Alt Lyrics and You're Crazy acoustic :-D

The slow version of You're Crazy is one of their best songs. Don't Cry alt would be awesome too.

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

They got some frickin nerve selling tickets with no date set 🤣🤣

Apparently, Frank Ferrer appeared on a Polish breakfast programme in an info TV.
He and his wife were mostly asked about their relationship, but, when asked about a possible 2023 Europe tour and a Polish show, he said that 'they're putting a summer tour together' and the band's gonna announce other dates soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

5 minutes ago, K00b4 said:

Apparently, Frank Ferrer appeared on a Polish breakfast programme in an info TV.
He and his wife were mostly asked about their relationship, but, when asked about a possible 2023 Europe tour and a Polish show, he said that 'they're putting a summer tour together' and the band's gonna announce other dates soon.

Not sure if you're joking or if this is the truth. :lol: Who the fuck wants to talk to Frank Ferrer?? In Poland of all places. :rofl-lol: