2023 WORLD TOUR

1 hour ago, mystery said:

Estranged is a weird one because the video came out like 2 years after the albums and grunge was in full swing. I can see how despite having a very expensive video it wouldn't have the same recognition as YCBM, LALD, and November Rain.

It's on the Greatest Hits though, and you'd like to think someone dropping Megabucks on a GNR ticket night have found time in the last 20 years to give the Greatest Hits a quick spin! 

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's on the Greatest Hits though, and you'd like to think someone dropping Megabucks on a GNR ticket night have found time in the last 20 years to give the Greatest Hits a quick spin! 

Good point, especially since for how haphazard it was put together the Greatest Hits sold really well for them. Edit: Looking it up and it doesn't seem to be on that album.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

I dont recall ever hearing Estranged on FM rock stations.

Probably a little long for radio, but it was definitely played on MTV, it's also on the greatest hits... I mean, it's also been voted by the fans as (one of) the best GNR song in recent polls with guitar world... if you've been listening to them for years and you haven't heard it, you've gone out of your way is the point.

As far as it having a video, I mean a lot of songs on UYI had videos... at a certain point the music video was not the means for reaching new fans. I was one of the few my age buying Welcome to the videos and watching it back to back in 00/01 I'd imagine

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Probably a little long for radio, but it was definitely played on MTV, it's also on the greatest hits... I mean, it's also been voted by the fans as (one of) the best GNR song in recent polls with guitar world... if you've been listening to them for years and you haven't heard it, you've gone out of your way is the point.

As far as it having a video, I mean a lot of songs on UYI had videos... at a certain point the music video was not the means for reaching new fans. I was one of the few my age buying Welcome to the videos and watching it back to back in 00/01 I'd imagine

Estranged isn’t on Greatest Hits, should’ve been though! 👎🏼

3 hours ago, mystery said:

Good point, especially since for how haphazard it was put together the Greatest Hits sold really well for them. Edit: Looking it up and it doesn't seem to be on that album.

Shit, you're right, it isn't on Greatest Hits! 

I could have honestly sworn, 100 per cent it was on it. Mad. 

Still.....those bastards shown have known that song- it's their very best. Haha! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

And yet since I don’t have you was

Yourw fuckin CRAAAZZZAAAYYY 🤪🤪🤪🤪

They kind of went for representing every album that had came out at that point over the most recognizable Guns songs or true hits. Two of the final songs on the album are from The Spaghetti Incident and despite them having videos/singles were never fully performed live, (Since I Don't Have You had the beginning sung as an intro to SCOM in 92-93). 

Sympathy for the Devil was also released as a single but was the source of a lot of tension between Axl/Slash and was also never performed live. Take those 3 songs out and add Estranged, Used to Love Her, and Mr. Brownstone and you have a much better representation of the band. Even You're Crazy from Lies which I've heard a decent amount on classic rock stations.

It was a terrible release really that Greatest Hits. Shitty artwork, weird tracklisting, and even edits on some of the songs I believe. 

Wasn't it being a load of shit one of the few things they all agreed on at the time? They tired to stop it's release claiming it was 'substandard product' but failed, if my memory serves me.....

On 2/3/2023 at 2:50 PM, mystery said:

For people who have gone to concerts in recent years I'm curious at what the general perception of the Chinese Democracy songs are and if the people there are generally aware of them?

Everytime I have gone people use the CD songs to go to the bar or the bathroom. Crowd dies.

Same goes for the duff solo spot.

Edited by vloors

11 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Ah ok, yeah didn't check that. EDIT: it isn't actually sold out, you can buy GA at Tier 2 prices.....which weirdly is the same price as Tier 3! I guess when/if those Tier 2 tickets sell, Tier 3 will be available. 

Ignore the below as GA isn't sold out l....although my point on how shit Ticketmaster is remains. Arseholes.  

I do wonder if it's Ticketmaster doing their usual routing of trying to push the more expensive shit by saying the GA is sold out. My guess would be they pop up again in a few weeks- seen that old trick done SO many times by them. 

£206 for a GC ticket is very lively. Especially when you look at the map and GC is so big.

The weird thing is that I was not able to buy a Gold Tier 2 ticket on Ticketmaster yesterday.

I was able to select the quantity of the ticket before being notified that they could not find any. The same thing happened with the GA Tier 3.

I ended up looking at Axs and the Gold Tier 2 ticket was available for the same price as Ticketmaster so I bought one over there.

I am still wondering why I was not able to buy one at Ticketmaster because Gold Circle 2 is not sold out yet as far as I know.

Did that happen to anyone else ?

Edited by The Garden of Guns N Roses

I realised yesterday my nightrain membership has ended. I didn’t get a reminder to rejoin or anything. 
The option to join is last years merch still with the exclusive Hardskool single.

Best case scenario everything is coming soon…tour, new nightrain, new song.

Worst case there is zero plan.  

1 hour ago, reayj2003 said:

I realised yesterday my nightrain membership has ended. I didn’t get a reminder to rejoin or anything. 
The option to join is last years merch still with the exclusive Hardskool single.

Best case scenario everything is coming soon…tour, new nightrain, new song.

Worst case there is zero plan.  

Oh, they do have plans. But plans change. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

The weird thing is that I was not able to buy a Gold Tier 2 ticket on Ticketmaster yesterday.

I was able to select the quantity of the ticket before being notified that they could not find any. The same thing happened with the GA Tier 3.

I ended up looking at Axs and the Gold Tier 2 ticket was available for the same price as Ticketmaster so I bought one over there.

I am still wondering why I was not able to buy one at Ticketmaster because Gold Circle 2 is not sold out yet as far as I know.

Did that happen to anyone else ?

No idea to be honest, other than that Ticketmaster are arseholes, who try to make you buy tickets you don't want by creating the illusion of false scarcity. 

• Like 2

On 2/2/2023 at 10:50 PM, mystery said:

For people who have gone to concerts in recent years I'm curious at what the general perception of the Chinese Democracy songs are and if the people there are generally aware of them?

It seems to vary. I’ve been to shows where it’s very positive, and I’ve been to shows where I’ve heard people angrily boo “Better” lol. 

12 hours ago, allwaystired said:

It was a terrible release really that Greatest Hits. Shitty artwork, weird tracklisting, and even edits on some of the songs I believe. 

Wasn't it being a load of shit one of the few things they all agreed on at the time? They tired to stop it's release claiming it was 'substandard product' but failed, if my memory serves me.....

The fact that it was in the UK album charts for years, suggests otherwise.

25 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Yeah, it proved to be very lucrative for them, but allwaystired is right that the band tried to prevent it's release. Ironic, considering Axl ended up touring in support of it in 2012 for the European run.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mystery said:

Estranged is a weird one because the video came out like 2 years after the albums and grunge was in full swing. I can see how despite having a very expensive video it wouldn't have the same recognition as YCBM, LALD, and November Rain.

Man, Guns would have survived grunge like Aerosmith and Bon Jovi did, the rest of the bands were swept away. And tell me did grunge survive? No. We have Pearl Jam out there as the only survivor, not even Nirvana would have been able to survive past 1994 even if Kurt hadn't died.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Man, Guns would have survived grunge like Aerosmith and Bon Jovi did, the rest of the bands were swept away. And tell me did grunge survive? No. We have Pearl Jam out there as the only survivor, not even Nirvana would have been able to survive past 1994 even if Kurt hadn't died.

Nice brah. You managed to mention my top 3 bands in your post. lol

1 hour ago, Carburetta said:

Chart success indicates the band didn't think it was shitty? Not sure I follow that one! You'd have to have a word with Axl, Slash and Duff about that. Let them know it wasn't shitty, and their opinion of their own product was wrong as it was in the charts. 

Not to mention of course that sales figures have never, ever, been an indication of whether something is good or not of course. 

Edited by allwaystired

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Yeah, it proved to be very lucrative for them, but allwaystired is right that the band tried to prevent it's release. Ironic, considering Axl ended up touring in support of it in 2012 for the European run.

I don't think 2012 was in support of anything was it? I thought it was just branded vaguely as 'Chinese Democracy?' 

32 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I don't think 2012 was in support of anything was it? I thought it was just branded vaguely as 'Chinese Democracy?' 

It featured on a load of advertisements. Here's a poster from Oz 2013. I've not looked at my tickets in forever, but wouldn't be surprised if it was on there also.

051fac9acac67d7eee43b3a9a1f96a32.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSlashrose said:

Grunge was a fashion term, not a music genre, and doesn’t have much to do with the bands you mentioned.

17 minutes ago, Dean said:

It featured on a load of advertisements. Here's a poster from Oz 2013. I've not looked at my tickets in forever, but wouldn't be surprised if it was on there also.

051fac9acac67d7eee43b3a9a1f96a32.jpg

Ah ok yeah.....that was probably the case for the 2012 shows I saw then, but I didn't spot that advert! 

Like to have seen that leg of the tour a lot, with those supports!