2023 WORLD TOUR

19 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Yeah so i'm led to believe lol

There's a hippyness/ political anti-war type woodstock vibe about it. It's been going since 1970. They do seem an odd choice to play there, but having said that Metallica headlined it a few years back.

I think there WAS that. These days it's very sanitised, very moneyed, very 'high paid professional jobs pretending we're so bohemian for a weekend'. 

Grew up fairly near the area- it's changed HUGELY in the last say, ten years. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I think there WAS that. These days it's very sanitised, very moneyed, very 'high paid professional jobs pretending we're so bohemian for a weekend'. 

That's a shame.

I'm from Somerset too originally Taunton. moved away when I was a kid

17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

These days it's very sanitised, very moneyed, very 'high paid professional jobs pretending we're so bohemian for a weekend'. 

that stinks.

Edited by Rovim

30 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

According to this the show in Vigo, Spain would be on June 12 and the band is asking for 3 million dollars

https://www.atlantico.net/articulo/vigo/guns-n-roses-balaidos-12-junio-concello-baraja-primer-gran-concierto/20230126234033964709.html

If true, that’s a ridiculous asking price for them.

Edit: it’s not. Or at least it’s in line with what they’ve been paid.

Edited by Stryker

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Huh? You think they wait for the, for a lack of better term, "anniversary" of the Hyde Park announcement? :lol:

I mean, maybe Hyde told them not to announce the other dates after 2 months. Someone here weeks ago suggested it was Hyde trying to sell as much tickets as possible, and had an agreement with GNR.

Anyway if they are indeed still in negotiations- who is negotiating for GNR? Beta? Fernando? Dizzy?

53 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

I mean, maybe Hyde told them not to announce the other dates after 2 months. Someone here weeks ago suggested it was Hyde trying to sell as much tickets as possible, and had an agreement with GNR.

Anyway if they are indeed still in negotiations- who is negotiating for GNR? Beta? Fernando? Dizzy?

That would be a crap agreement, if that would extend that far so it eats into them announcing their other dates. And really, that would only extend to other UK dates. And not dates in other countries.
Also it's Live Nation selling their shows. So I think any negotation directly with the band is long done.

19 minutes ago, chinese stew said:

Vigo makes sense as it's on the border with Portugal they will also get Portuguese fans and more chances for a sold out show. 

Most likely the tour opener. Portugal/Ireland are usually a tour opener or closer for most bands.

Wth June 12 being roumered, which is unfortunately a Monday, will most likely be the opening show.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chinese stew said:

Vigo makes sense as it's on the border with Portugal they will also get Portuguese fans and more chances for a sold out show. 

I can tell you with total security because I'm from Spain more concrete from Galicia (where Vigo is) that It will sold out in not too much time, also as you said that Portugal is near is a good point for the sales

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

So that Glasgow news in January thing was a lie then. 

Of course it was. "I have a source, choose to believe it or not" is as old and tiresome as the array of new users who show their true colours and all seem to like each others comments! 

Life on a GNR forum! Ain't it grand! 

22 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

According to this the show in Vigo, Spain would be on June 12 and the band is asking for 3 million dollars

https://www.atlantico.net/articulo/vigo/guns-n-roses-balaidos-12-junio-concello-baraja-primer-gran-concierto/20230126234033964709.html

The source you quote  is saying „non official source“ . I tend to believe the hyde park thing is a one off europe gig for GNR. It s quite late to announce stadium gigs for June only in February or later.