2023 WORLD TOUR

5 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Media picked this up yet GNR still wont announce it. At this point, esp on non-festivals, can they sell out? Were like 5 months away.

To be fair, it won't be up to them to announce Glastonbury......but the other dates thing is weird. 

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Nevermind. Media got it

Ah, we could have told them that weeks ago! 

28 minutes ago, JasmineSwe said:

I hope that the live streaming from Glastonbury (I'm guessing by the BBC?) will be available to watch from outside the UK (at least in other European countries). Going to a muddy festival in the middle of nowhere is out of the question for me 😅 Hyde Park where you can stay in a hotel is way more appealing.

I lived in London for quite a few years and like other people have said here, the press in the UK is brutal. A lot of it is sensationalist trash, they won't miss the chance to slaughter GNR and it will for sure be below the belt, like mocking Axl's weight 🙄

There is a chance they might not let it be televised. Rolling Stones said no initially then agreed to a few songs being shown after public/media pressure. 

Just now, allwaystired said:

There is a chance they might not let it be televised. Rolling Stones said no initially then agreed to a few songs being shown after public/media pressure. 

I’m pretty sure it won’t be live and/or complete. Macca wasn’t last year. It’ll probably be the same for Elton. These veterans don’t trust their voices to hold up and so if the option is there for Axl…

The Pyramid Stage isn’t the only one televised and they’ll be up against another big act on The Other Stage. We’ll get a decent chunk, though, and frankly it’s probably best for all of us that we don’t get it all.

4 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

I’m pretty sure it won’t be live and/or complete. Macca wasn’t last year. It’ll probably be the same for Elton. These veterans don’t trust their voices to hold up and so if the option is there for Axl…

The Pyramid Stage isn’t the only one televised and they’ll be up against another big act on The Other Stage. We’ll get a decent chunk, though, and frankly it’s probably best for all of us that we don’t get it all.

McCartney was wasn't it? Friend came round to watch it.....was it on a slight delay?  

18 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

McCartney was wasn't it? Friend came round to watch it.....was it on a slight delay?  

I think it was about a half hour delay but he nailed it (as much as an 80 year old can nail Helter Skelter).

Edit: Actually, looking back, it was an hour delay. https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/25/glastonbury-bbc-on-why-paul-mccartneys-set-was-shown-an-hour-late-16892296/

We’re definitely getting a GNR delay. It wouldn’t be right to NOT find a way to leave everyone waiting an hour.

Edited by Stress Fracture

41 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Media picked this up yet GNR still wont announce it. At this point, esp on non-festivals, can they sell out? Were like 5 months away.

Depends on what they are playing. There will be some more festival dates (strong rumour for Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium, Rock Am Ring still missing a headliner). Arenas or smaller outdoor venues around 20-30k will do well. Another stadium tour will be difficult. There's some heavy competition this summer and I don't think they can draw 50-60k/stadium show for the second year in a row with mostly the same set and no new album on the horizon. Although it's not too late to release something to promote the shows. But yeah... . 

Edited by Master Of Reality

1 hour ago, Master Of Reality said:

Depends on what they are playing. There will be some more festival dates (strong rumour for Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium, Rock Am Ring still missing a headliner). Arenas or smaller outdoor venues around 20-30k will do well. Another stadium tour will be difficult. There's some heavy competition this summer and I don't think they can draw 50-60k/stadium show for the second year in a row with mostly the same set and no new album on the horizon. Although it's not too late to release something to promote the shows. But yeah... . 

On the festileaks forum they're assuming gnr to be announced for graspop soon.

• Like 1

Macca got mixed reviews last year. Half crucified him, the rest took it for what it was, an 80 year old putting on a spectacle. I hope GNR will be streamed in their entirety, but there will be a lot of shit from casuals sent their way. 

I’m tempted to go given it’ll be their first time there, but I’ll wait and see what happens in regard to music dropping between now and then.

On 1/17/2023 at 9:59 PM, We love Axl Rose said:

The Rock in Rio performance from last year was not great, that performance can still be seen by anyone on YouTube and nothing happened, no one even paid attention.

If they only televised say 6-7 songs then the reaction could be good. Likes of It's So Easy, a passable Jungle, Chinese Democracy, November Rain, Nightrain, Live and Let Die all sounds good still.

It's worth noting that all tickets for Glastonbury have all already sold out. The crowd are always  supportive no matter the headliner, but Guns won't be playing to their own crowd here which kind of makes it unique in itself and will mean they'll have to pull out the stops (and likely play a "hits" based set).

4 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

It's worth noting that all tickets for Glastonbury have all already sold out. The crowd are always  supportive no matter the headliner, but Guns won't be playing to their own crowd here which kind of makes it unique in itself and will mean they'll have to pull out the stops (and likely play a "hits" based set).

I can imagine glasto has held back a few tickets for the headliners to sell on their own, no?

12 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I can imagine glasto has held back a few tickets for the headliners to sell on their own, no?

All tickets sell out in literally minutes. 

I dont believe there are any left, 200k tick.ts went in absurdly quick time. I could be wrong but i think that's how it is 

It is a huge festival afterall, one of the biggest out there despite some underpaying it on here through ignorance 

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

The glasto news is everywhere now. Hopefully it will speed things up

glasto sells out in 15 minutes 180k+ tickets in october every year. the line up isnt announced until march/april time. the site usually crashes as 2million people access the website when released. They also have a system where tickets cannot be resold for profit or to fans of the lineup. you use your unique ID to purchase tickets, then you have to bring photo ID, card paid on and ticket and unique reference ID to the festival to get in. Which is also only done by glastonbury festival in UK. maybe the whole of the world?

So if someone offers you a glastonbury ticket DO NOT BUY IT, it's a scam. 

Edited by JimiRose

so if they're going all in on Europe in the summer (again..) i guess that means we can rule out any spring dates in the US/North American..

Where else would they play in Europe they haven't already oversaturated? I know some dates where cancelled and have yet to be made up, but Europe in the summer 2 year in a row is stating to seem more like an outlier and less like a trend. Sweden? I know they played a fest there last year, but has Stockholm had any love in the past few years? 

Does it seem more likely we'll get an East Coast/Canadian tour in the Fall of 2023? 

Canada hasn't had shows since 2017. We know Covid put a damper on these things in the last few years, but would they do a strictly Canadian tour, or would they do an East Coast tour and visit Toronto, etc? 

I could see a Toronto show, MSG again for the first time since 2017. Chicago maybe, at United Center again? 

I can't imagine them doing a tour of the whole U.S. so the West Coast would probably be ruled out. Japan/Asia got shows last year, so you can rule that out as well. 

Selfishly i'd like to see them come back to Houston/Dallas. They haven't played Houston since 2017, and it would probably be the easiest show to get to for me, but based on my own logic, i doubt they'd carry an "east coast" tour that far down into the south. Dallas just had a show in 2021. 

The one thing the band has yet to do, but i see on the horizon is those "getaway" shows in Mexico that the jambands seem to do every year. Could you imagine 3 nights of GNR in Cancun? might be interesting. 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

so if they're going all in on Europe in the summer (again..) i guess that means we can rule out any spring dates in the US/North American..

Where else would they play in Europe they haven't already oversaturated? I know some dates where cancelled and have yet to be made up, but Europe in the summer 2 year in a row is stating to seem more like an outlier and less like a trend. Sweden? I know they played a fest there last year, but has Stockholm had any love in the past few years? 

I think the last time they played in Sweden was in 2018, after that the pandemic put a stop to concerts in 2020-21. They did not play Denmark or Finland last year, there's a hard rock/heavy metal festival in Copenhagen, Copenhell, don't think they've played there before (Slash has with Myles Kennedy).

Really hoping they'll come there as it's very close to me and I'm going to that festival anyway. Copenhell would be a good fit for them genre wise too 

20 minutes ago, JasmineSwe said:

I think the last time they played in Sweden was in 2018, after that the pandemic put a stop to concerts in 2020-21. They did not play Denmark or Finland last year, there's a hard rock/heavy metal festival in Copenhagen, Copenhell, don't think they've played there before (Slash has with Myles Kennedy).

Really hoping they'll come there as it's very close to me and I'm going to that festival anyway. Copenhell would be a good fit for them genre wise too 

They played Sweden Rock Fest in Norje last year which is close to Copenhagen. Thats still further south than Stockholm. I just put that one in their randomly 

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

They played Sweden Rock Fest in Norje last year which is close to Copenhagen. Thats still further south than Stockholm. I just put that one in their randomly 

Yeah, I know, I live in that region 🙂 

There's a slight difference for the audience to go to a gig in a city, or a festival out in the woods in a rural area. The latter is obviously less convenient. 

16 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah- there's still speculation in some places about who is headlining, when it's been confirmed. Let's see if it gets mentioned now it's on here.....if so, we'd better get some credit! 

No mention of mygnr but it's on blabbermouth now. Funny that🤣

22 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Bands almost never announce their festival appearances before the festival drops their lineup. There is tons of planning that goes into this stuff, and dropping a lineup is a big deal for a festival.

My guess is most of GnR's dates are festivals so they are waiting for them to all get announced before they release the rest of their tour dates.

Hoping for some fall US festival dates too :)