2023 WORLD TOUR

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

This doesn't seem reasonable. Thats a whole month after Pink Pop, which GNR just played 2 years ago and are not on the lineup this year (Pink and Hollywood Vampires are tho) 

I don't know much about the Netherlands as I'm not from there (or even Europe for that matter....), but a quick Google/Setlist.FM search is showing me that there isn't really a dedicated music/sports arena in that area, It would seem that Pinkpop brings in the music/tourists every year, they have a local small club that touring musicians come through (not big enough for GNR, unless this tour is UCAP part 2....) anddddd thats about it??? 

Maybe they meant another part of the Netherlands, or even Dusseldorf (which is close) ??? 

Unless GNR somehow rent out Pinkpop's festival land, I think you have some bad info....

Bruce Springsteen is playing at the venue a month before, so it does seem reasonable 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

20 hours ago, AtlasShrugged said:

How many other festivals show full sets on the biggest TV channel in a country with full coverage going out to millions? Rock in Rio maybe, but this is in a league of its own in an English speaking country.

If it's a 'hipster' festival then that's even worse - because that'll be people with every social media account happy to criticise the show.

You're delusional if you don't think it has the potential to be a PR disaster on a scale we've not seen since the reunion. You can say you don't care what the public think or what good PR is, but many fans do and if you care for the band then you should too. Nobody wants to see them getting ripped apart. 

Other festival performances get shown on TV or streamed too. As for your last paragraph, I never said anything of that sort. Just that the festival isn't that big of a deal outside of the UK/not a bigger deal than any other festival performance that might be pro-shot and feature a sub-par Axl. And at this point I still highly doubt they will be there. So until anything gets confirmed I don't really have anything to say on that matter and find it amusing that you all act like it has been confirmed.

8 hours ago, Debt said:

You covered all your bases in this post. GNR will be fine. Nobody gives a fuck about Axl’s voice. The concert will come and pass without the media saying anything about Axl’s voice. Most people understand he is 60. 

"Nobody gives a fuck about Axl's voice"? 

Well, that simply isn't true is it? 

I absolutely guarantee you every single review of GNR live in about 20 years has mentioned his voice in some way. 

If you can find me a review, anywhere in the 'media' that doesn't say "anything about Axl's voice" I'll stand corrected. 

It's absolutely bonkers to say no-one cares and people won't mention it. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

If you can find me a review, anywhere in the 'media' that doesn't say "anything about Axl's voice" I'll stand corrected. 

The very first mainstream media review I came across:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/1634740/guns-n-roses-Tottenham-stadium-review

On one of the toughest night's of the band's recent history, where Axl was far from his best (and he openly acknowledged that), this reviewer still says "with Axl’s virtuoso vocals as impressive today as ever."

More often than not mainstream reviewers look at the overall package rather than zeroing in on Axl's voice

• Like 2

I think the problem is at the stadium the effects and overall atmosphere can greatly help when Axl is struggling. 

With a direct vocal livestreqm none of that will be in place and then his voice is really going to stand out as being rough.

Especially as it will be seen by millions online just from the UK alone based on precious performers total digital imprints on bbc iplayer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/1634740/guns-n-roses-Tottenham-stadium-review

On one of the toughest night's of the band's recent history, where Axl was far from his best (and he openly acknowledged that), this reviewer still says "with Axl’s virtuoso vocals as impressive today as ever."

More often than not mainstream reviewers look at the overall package rather than zeroing in on Axl's voice

I'd seriously dispute that 2020s Axl's vocals are as impressive as 1980s Axl's vocals! 

Point stands though- everyone gives a fuck about Axl's vocals- it's always a central point of focus. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Yes. I also read a review recently on either the Vienna or one of the german shows, where the reviewer praised Axl's voice. I had to chuckle a bit though.

11 minutes ago, koldweather said:

I think the problem is at the stadium the effects and overall atmosphere can greatly help when Axl is struggling. 

With a direct vocal livestreqm none of that will be in place and then his voice is really going to stand out as being rough.

Especially as it will be seen by millions online just from the UK alone based on precious performers total digital imprints on bbc iplayer.

On the flip side though- stadiums are about the worst places possible for live music (they're not designed for music and built to echo crowd noise) and they'll be working with some of the best mixers and sound engineers available, who won't fuck up the mix for the live broadcast. 

In that sense, it could help and make things sound a bit better. It certainly won't be shitty phone footage caveated with a "it sounded better being there". 

42 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Other festival performances get shown on TV or streamed too. As for your last paragraph, I never said anything of that sort. Just that the festival isn't that big of a deal outside of the UK/not a bigger deal than any other festival performance that might be pro-shot and feature a sub-par Axl. And at this point I still highly doubt they will be there. So until anything gets confirmed I don't really have anything to say on that matter and find it amusing that you all act like it has been confirmed.

Yeah, most big festivals I know get shown on TV. Pinkpop used to be broadcasted all day live on Dutch TV. And I remember Rockpalast on the German channel back in the day showing a lot of shows from Bizarre festival.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Want to take a bet on them being there? 

It's leaked. Even the organisers have referenced it. Duff has (apparently) said it's happening on his radio show. 

Why do you highly doubt they'll be there, out of interest? 

Edited by allwaystired

4 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Where?

Here's what she said: 

https://www.glastofestfeed.com/news/guns-n-roses-glastonbury-2023/

Makes me wonder if they signed the deal last year when they were in the UK as she also said around that point they'd booked a headliner and it would fit with their not cancelling Glasgow but rescheduling- if they knew they were guaranteed to be coming back. Not that they've rescheduled it yet mind!  

5 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Maybe the negotiations are really not going well, since promoters don't want to pay 5 million per show anymore

It's just speculation, but it's something that I can imagine can slow this whole thing down.

Yeah I think that was my speculation a few pages back too. 

I would imagine they want 2016/2017 money, promoters don't want to pay it as people won't pay the ticket prices anymore. As you say, entire speculation, but that's usually what holds up tours. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Want to take a bet on them being there? 

It's leaked. Even the organisers have referenced it. Duff has (apparently) said it's happening on his radio show. 

Why do you highly doubt they'll be there, out of interest? 

For one. There's always rumors. For two. To play Glastonbury and Hyde Park in the same week seems a bit unlikely.

And how has the organisers referenced it? Them last year saying that GNR needs to play there? That's a bit thin. And if it's happening but for whatever reason not allowed to tell, it seems unlikely that Duff would say it's happening.

16 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

To play Glastonbury and Hyde Park in the same week seems a bit unlikely.

Not necessarily. Kendrick Lamar was set to do both in 2020, The Who did both in 2015, Arcade Fire did both in 2014, The Rolling Stones did both in 2013 (playing Hyde Park twice), Stevie Wonder did both in 2010, and Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen did both in 2009, so it's not unprecedented

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

For one. There's always rumors. For two. To play Glastonbury and Hyde Park in the same week seems a bit unlikely.

And how has the organisers referenced it? Them last year saying that GNR needs to play there? That's a bit thin. And if it's happening but for whatever reason not allowed to tell, it seems unlikely that Duff would say it's happening.

It's pretty common for headliners to do Hyde Park and Glastonbury in the same week as the Glastonbury fee is relatively small.

Fancy that bet?! 

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

Not necessarily. Kendrick Lamar was set to do both in 2020, The Who did both in 2015, Arcade Fire did both in 2014, The Rolling Stones did both in 2013 (playing Hyde Park twice), Stevie Wonder did both in 2010, and Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen did both in 2009, so it's not unprecedented

Judging by that list it’s a tend. 
Metallica did Sonesphere the weekend after their appearance. 

5 hours ago, The Black said:

Somebody with supposed insider information stated that Guns will be performing on the 11th of July in Landgraaf in The Netherlands.

Never been to GNR on a Tuesday...and won't happen this time either.
Hopefully there will be more dates....Friday/Saturday before or after (NL/B/D).

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

It's pretty common for headliners to do Hyde Park and Glastonbury in the same week as the Glastonbury fee is relatively small.

Fancy that bet?! 

I'm not a betting man (and I don't want to need to hope that they are not coming), but if I would bet, I would bet that they don't come and it's just the usual rumour. ;)

37 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I'm not a betting man (and I don't want to need to hope that they are not coming), but if I would bet, I would bet that they don't come and it's just the usual rumour. ;)

Haha, fair enough! I'm not really either. 

We'll see what happens then! Winner can say "I knew it"! 

• Like 1