2023 WORLD TOUR

3 hours ago, K00b4 said:

Waiting for all those announcements and tour dates so long made me wonder about one thing.

Maybe we've already crossed the time when the train called The Never F'n Ending Tour started to get slower and slower?

In 2022, the band did many great n' awesome performances, and though i once had much fun being there personally, i had an everlasting feeling of something getting worn out, diminishing in scale and possibly ending soon, at least in the form that we know it now.

I won't say that the Hyde Park is the only show of 2023, but who knows, huh? Maybe the constant touring is getting harder to organise etc. or there are other major reasons behind it, many of which have already been mentioned here - we never know.

I think i just have a thought in mind that 2023 will finally bring some changes to the GNR touring reality, that's why we're waiting. 

I might as well be wrong, and if so, see you in some of the 2023 Europe shows!

It does feel stale. 

Jesus F Christ, guys. Do you know what doesn't happen when the band is on the tour? Working on a new music and/or album, that's what. I'd bet even if they toured 10 years straight, some people would still post stuff like gee, I hope new dates will be announced soon! 
They can't be at two places at the same time. Standing on a stage = not sitting on your ass and creating music or standing in the studio, recording. Please get it. 

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

Jesus F Christ, guys. Do you know what doesn't happen when the band is on the tour? Working on a new music and/or album, that's what. I'd bet even if they toured 10 years straight, some people would still post stuff like gee, I hope new dates will be announced soon! 
They can't be at two places at the same time. Standing on a stage = not sitting on your ass and creating music or standing in the studio, recording. Please get it. 

Most of us have accepted the fact that Guns are not a recording band. They're not even really a band in the true sense of the word at this point. 

Any material released will be Slash and Duff adding parts to songs written by Axl 2+ decades ago. 

In 2016, I wanted new music. But it's clear they've never even tried to write a new song. 

At this point I'd prefer a few live shows.  And hopefully never hear the word Macdaddy on stage.

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

they come to my country once every 5 years at best and I didn't get the chance to attend the show in 2017. (I'm not the kind of fan who would fly to another country to attend a show)

besides, I think that not everyone is interested in new material and some fans are interested in going to multiple shows which is also a factor.

honestly, I believe that if Axl's top priority and main focus was to record and/or release another Gn'R album, he would have found the time to do it but most of it seems to be about touring for the past 7 years almost. 

he already completed material with Slash and Duff he has yet to release so he doesn't even need more time to record and being on the road is not really an obstacle if all you wanna do is release a couple more 20 year old tunes.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:45 PM, jacdaniel said:

Most of us have accepted the fact that Guns are not a recording band. They're not even really a band in the true sense of the word at this point. 

Any material released will be Slash and Duff adding parts to songs written by Axl 2+ decades ago. 

In 2016, I wanted new music. But it's clear they've never even tried to write a new song. 

At this point I'd prefer a few live shows.  And hopefully never hear the word Macdaddy on stage.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:53 PM, Rovim said:

they come to my country once every 5 years at best and I didn't get the chance to attend the show in 2017. (I'm not the kind of fan who would fly to another country to attend a show)

besides, I think that not everyone is interested in new material and some fans are interested in going to multiple shows which is also a factor.

honestly, I believe that if Axl's top priority and main focus was to record and/or release another Gn'R album, he would have found the time to do it but most of it seems to be about touring for the past 7 years almost. 

he already completed material with Slash and Duff he has yet to release so he doesn't even need more time to record and being on the road is not really an obstacle if all you wanna do is release a couple more 20 year old tunes.

All I'm saying is, if Slash was sitting on his butt for several years doing nothing regarding GNR (his solo is a different thing), even he would be forced to call Axl and say, look man, what's happening with GNR. But that's not gonna happen if they tour all the time, with packed stadiums. 

Edited by jamillos

21 minutes ago, jamillos said:

All I'm saying is, if Slash was sitting on his but for several years doing nothing regarding GNR (his solo is a different thing), even he would be forced to call Axl and say, look man, what's happening with GNR. But that's not gonna happen if they tour all the time, with packed stadiums. 

but Slash's first priority is touring anyway from what I understand. There is no scenario where Slash is healthy enough to do something and would choose to sit at home doing nothing imo, so how would it serve his interests both artistic and money wise when he got most of what he wanted by having both Gn'R and The Conspirators to alternate between?

I believe all Slash can do is show interest in recording, rerecord some shit, and wait if/when Axl wants to release it, be it singles or a full album. We don't even know what Axl's current thoughts are on new material and what he actually wants to do now.

Gn'R is still on the touring cycle cause Axl wants it to be this way and Slash and Duff seems fine with it and doing other projects. If for the last 7 years Axl wanted to do something that is not touring, like recording brand new shit instead of just making money touring the world, don't you think he would have done it already? and no amount of convincing seems very effective when it comes to getting Axl to do shit he doesn't want to do (most of the time)

Edited by Rovim

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

Plenty of bands are capable of touring AND writing new music. They’re only on stage a handful of hours a week tops. Please get it.

15 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Plenty of bands are capable of touring AND writing new music. They’re only on stage a handful of hours a week tops. Please get it.

Not GNR. 

49 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but Slash's first priority is touring anyway from what I understand. There is no scenario where Slash is healthy enough to do something and would choose to sit at home doing nothing imo, so how would it serve his interests both artistic and money wise when he got most of what he wanted by having both Gn'R and The Conspirators to alternate between?

I believe all Slash can do is show interest in recording, rerecord some shit, and wait if/when Axl wants to release it, be it singles or a full album. We don't even know what Axl's current thoughts are on new material and what he actually wants to do now.

Gn'R is still on the touring cycle cause Axl wants it to be this way and Slash and Duff seems fine with it and doing other projects. If for the last 7 years Axl wanted to do something that is not touring, like recording brand new shit instead of just making money touring the world, don't you think he would have done it already? and no amount of convincing seems very effective when it comes to getting Axl to do shit he doesn't want to do (most of the time)

Bottom line: I want them to fucking stop touring and do something else, new, anything but yet another NITL leg with a different name. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

Been out the loop a few weeks, any updates on the heavily rumoured Glastonbury appearance?

Elton John is already confirmed and Arctic Monkeys are also heavily rumoured. All I’m confident of is that it won’t be those three. Even Arctic Monkeys are considered a veteran act to today’s audiences. There’ll be a more contemporary pop or rap headliner on one of the nights.

47 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

Elton John is already confirmed and Arctic Monkeys are also heavily rumoured. All I’m confident of is that it won’t be those three. Even Arctic Monkeys are considered a veteran act to today’s audiences. There’ll be a more contemporary pop or rap headliner on one of the nights.

I'm pretty sure it is those three, as tragic as that sounds. It's coming from so many places now that it would be surprising if it wasn't. 

I have no idea what Glastonbury are playing at really, but I suppose it's become the ultimate middle class weekend out now, and the people that go probably couldn't care less what's on stage as long as they can buy the big triangle parking pass to leave stuck in the window of their massive car all year round! 

On 1/9/2023 at 11:47 PM, K00b4 said:

Waiting for all those announcements and tour dates so long made me wonder about one thing.

Maybe we've already crossed the time when the train called The Never F'n Ending Tour started to get slower and slower?

In 2022, the band did many great n' awesome performances, and though i once had much fun being there personally, i had an everlasting feeling of something getting worn out, diminishing in scale and possibly ending soon, at least in the form that we know it now.

I won't say that the Hyde Park is the only show of 2023, but who knows, huh? Maybe the constant touring is getting harder to organise etc. or there are other major reasons behind it, many of which have already been mentioned here - we never know.

I think i just have a thought in mind that 2023 will finally bring some changes to the GNR touring reality, that's why we're waiting. 

I might as well be wrong, and if so, see you in some of the 2023 Europe shows!

No. I'm sorry but you're wrong. They will announce it whenever and it will sell just fine.

This will be another 20+ date run of shows in Europe. There will be a very similar setlist. There is a 1% chance that a new song gets released and they play that.

There really doesn't need to be much debate about any of this. IF it was just one date and home then Slash would not refer to it as a tour. He would have said "we have a show next year"...not a tour. Stop getting your panties in a twist. AND let's face it, 2022 was a year of diminishing returns, what makes anybody here think gnr are suddenly going to be any better in 2023? They'll sound worse because Axl will definitely sound worse. End of story.

Edited by Tom2112

34 minutes ago, Jeffc2022 said:

So you don’t think there will be any US shows ? There’s Canada rumors 

I think there will be more tours than Slash thought there'll be before he gets to go in and make a brand new record... so yes, I think it's a safe bet GNR see America/Canada and many other places too😄

I'd guess, summer EU/Uk Autumn North America... actually meant to say that in my other post but the vehement I was typing with, overwhelmed me