2023 WORLD TOUR

On 12/16/2022 at 9:07 AM, jacdaniel said:

I can't understand how people would like a band enough to join and post on a message board but have little interest in actually seeing that band play their songs live...

I mean, GNR have only ever played my country 5 times in their history. Of course I am going when they come. 

Hell, I'll even enjoy the 20 min KOHD after a few drinks :lol:

Kind of agree but people enjoy music in different ways. Axl himself said that he wasn’t a ‘live music’ guy. 

if gigs were more affordable I’d be bang up for it. As times get harder, it gets less and less easy to justify going to see a band you’ve seen a few times already… especially when nothing new is being brought to the table.

oh yeah and by some disgusting twist of money grubbing extortionist fuckery, the two ugliest words in the English language.. ‘golden circle’. A great idea originally, to put a premium on the from 3 rows. Had no issues with that, but nowadays, ‘golden circle’ is literally half the stadium. Hyde park was particularly awful. We paid £100 each for a day ticket to BST, and we got right to the front of the general admission crowd, and we were MILES away. Golden circle gets bigger every year. It’s a major ‘fuck you’ to the fans who’d be rewarded with a good spot because they got there early and committed to the wait. Bring back survival of the fittest. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Kind of agree but people enjoy music in different ways. Axl himself said that he wasn’t a ‘live music’ guy. 

if gigs were more affordable I’d be bang up for it. As times get harder, it gets less and less easy to justify going to see a band you’ve seen a few times already… especially when nothing new is being brought to the table.

oh yeah and by some disgusting twist of money grubbing extortionist fuckery, the two ugliest words in the English language.. ‘golden circle’. A great idea originally, to put a premium on the from 3 rows. Had no issues with that, but nowadays, ‘golden circle’ is literally half the stadium. Hyde park was particularly awful. We paid £100 each for a day ticket to BST, and we got right to the front of the general admission crowd, and we were MILES away. Golden circle gets bigger every year. It’s a major ‘fuck you’ to the fans who’d be rewarded with a good spot because they got there early and committed to the wait. Bring back survival of the fittest. 

Plus, there are artists (I wanna say Billy Joel?) who’ve completely cut out the entire concept of GC/VIP tickets. There was some nice tweet or message about it a while back, stating why they see no reason to prefer wealthier fans to the ones who cannot afford the higher prices, and that they all should have equal possibilities. Now that’s fucking nice, and I’d love to see TB’s/Axl’s reaction the moment someone would bring this up to them! 

As if the normal prices weren't enough. 

Edited by jamillos

8 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

.....and don't even get me started on Ticketmaster 'demand driven pricing', which no matter what they say, is controlled and decided on by the artists. 

I'm going to fewer gigs now than at any point in my life from when I first went to a show. 

Edited by allwaystired

21 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Plus, there are artists (I wanna say Billy Joel?) who’ve completely cut out the entire concept of GC/VIP tickets. There was some nice tweet or message about it a while back, stating why they see no reason to prefer wealthier fans to the ones who cannot afford the higher prices, and that they all should have equal possibilities. Now that’s fucking nice, and I’d love to see TB’s/Axl’s reaction the moment someone would bring this up to them! 

As if the normal prices weren't enough. 

That attitude is getting more and more rare. Springsteen used to say that.....then for his latest tour he introduced the GC and 'variable pricing'. Fans dragged him over the coals for it, but he basically told them to fuck off. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That attitude is getting more and more rare. Springsteen used to say that.....then for his latest tour he introduced the GC and 'variable pricing'. Fans dragged him over the coals for it, but he basically told them to fuck off. 

These selfish bastard fans, always out to deprive these poor multi-millionaires of their money! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

These selfish bastard fans, always out to deprive these poor multi-millionaires of their money! 

That is essentially what he said: 

For the past 49 years or however long we’ve been playing, we’ve pretty much been out there under market value. I’ve enjoyed that. It’s been great for the fans.

“This time I told them, ‘Hey, we’re 73 years old. The guys are there. I want to do what everybody else is doing, my peers.’ So that’s what happened. That’s what they did.”

We have those tickets that are going to go for that higher price somewhere anyway. The ticket broker or someone is going to be taking that money. I’m going, ‘Hey, why shouldn’t that money go to the guys that are going to be up there sweating three hours a night for it?’

“It created an opportunity for that to occur. And so at that point, we went for it. I know it was unpopular with some fans. But if there’s any complaints on the way out, you can have your money back.”

I wonder what would happen if you tried to get your money back?! 

He had a very good relationship with his fanbase.....essentially he was happy to throw that away for a bit more cash. Very sad. 

20 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

“This time I told them, ‘Hey, we’re 73 years old. The guys are there. I want to do what everybody else is doing, my peers.’ So that’s what happened. That’s what they did.”

aka time to be extra greedy, see how that feels like cause there's an opening to overcharge since the whole market is out of control plus everyone is doing it anyway.  Can't say I was surprised when I first read about it, but what a shit attitude.

it's the artists and ticketmaster/livenation/whoever that is to blame imo. I'm also really fond of his other excuse (we're really old now)

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

aka time to be extra greedy, see how that feels like cause there's an opening to overcharge since the whole market is out of control plus everyone is doing it anyway.  Can't say I was surprised when I first read about it, but what a shit attitude.

it's the artists and ticketmaster/livenation/whoever that is to blame imo. I'm also really fond of his other excuse (we're really old now)

Couldn't agree more. You're talking about insanely rich people here wanting even more money....and when it comes from musicians who have always appeared to be fairly decent it's a real kick in the teeth to fans. 

The optimist in me hopes that it backfires and people just vote with their feet. The pessimist thinks that all that will happen is the type of people going to gigs will change. 

A definite plus though is that hopefully people will start to cast aside these sorts of shows in favour of new bands in smaller venues and create an exciting new future. 

57 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Couldn't agree more. You're talking about insanely rich people here wanting even more money....and when it comes from musicians who have always appeared to be fairly decent it's a real kick in the teeth to fans. 

The optimist in me hopes that it backfires and people just vote with their feet. The pessimist thinks that all that will happen is the type of people going to gigs will change. 

A definite plus though is that hopefully people will start to cast aside these sorts of shows in favour of new bands in smaller venues and create an exciting new future. 

Something has always bugged me about Springsteen as he's been a rich guy for probably the last 40 years roleplaying as a working class everyman while having very little in common with those people even if there was a time he once did.

1 hour ago, mystery said:

Something has always bugged me about Springsteen as he's been a rich guy for probably the last 40 years roleplaying as a working class everyman while having very little in common with those people even if there was a time he once did.

I think that bugs a lot of people! I guess while he was treating fans pretty well though there was an element of "well, good luck to the guy" involved though. 

On 12/16/2022 at 5:48 PM, allwaystired said:

But we all HAVE seen it.....quite a few times. And it's the same thing, more expensive each time and not as good each time. 

Money only goes so far and a lot of us are big music fans in general and want to see different or fresh things, even though GNR are our favourite band. 

This is the exact situation I'm in and these are my views entirely. Guns aren't the only band to do it, but I'm sick of having to travel to London, to either have shit seats or pay obscene prices, then to dump a load of cash on travel & accommodation, to see the same thing as last time, but this time spend more. There's only so many times I'm going to do that. The sooner people stop being prepared to be ripped off and start boycotting shows, the more these bands will put back fair pricing and actually tour like bands are supposed to.

• Like 1

you can't be fucking kidding me they will tour more and more and more of same cities/countries:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Talk about milking...How many times have they played London, Rio, Buenos Aires...since reunion, like 10!?

Back during UYI's when they were actually a BAND, media accused them of milking same cities dry and falling ticket sales.

The only way they will sell any tickets is with '87-'93 gang in the fold.  Nobody is interested to pay $150 for same 35 songs and 10 covers with Mel/Frank/Fartus.

21 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

you can't be fucking kidding me they will tour more and more and more of same cities/countries:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Talk about milking...How many times have they played London, Rio, Buenos Aires...since reunion, like 10!?

Back during UYI's when they were actually a BAND, media accused them of milking same cities dry and falling ticket sales.

The only way they will sell any tickets is with '87-'93 gang in the fold.  Nobody is interested to pay $150 for same 35 songs and 10 covers with Mel/Frank/Fartus.

I think EU this year went OK it will sell for nx year as well

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

London 4 times (on 2 stops), Buenos Aires twice.

Now continue crying like a bitch 

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 2

Trust me, I'd love it if Guns released new music and played some new stuff. 

Failing that, I'd love it if they completely changed the show and set list to add more UYIs. 

But deep down I feel both scenario's are unlikely and next time I'm at a Guns show it will more or less be the same show.

I also hate and refuse to pay for golden circle. I'll happily stand further back. 

Edited by jacdaniel

16 minutes ago, TAYLOR said:

still nothing about glasgow i just seem to have afeeling it be cancelled all togther there has been no updates nothing about the missed show nearly 6 months later 

Iam sure it will happen maybe just HP and Glasgow people  think UK been smashed with shows it really hasn't 

2017 2018 2022 with the big C19 gap this can go in 2023 easy

London x 2 in 2017 

DL 2018 

London x 2 2022

Also 2 Ireland shows since tour started in 2016

Edited by Gavin82

2 hours ago, TAYLOR said:

still nothing about glasgow i just seem to have afeeling it be cancelled all togther there has been no updates nothing about the missed show nearly 6 months later 

It is bizarre that they haven't cancelled it or rescheduled it yet. 

All I can think is that BST Hyde Park bunged them a load of money to have no other shows announced for a bit to encourage people to buy tickets. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Imagine being a bitch who complains about a band touring.

:facepalm::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

You still haven't figured out it is not just about - a band touring:facepalm:

Don't worry, one day you will grow up and your vocabulary will have much bigger words to make you look bigger than bitch.

True, you will not be able to turn back the time and pay the ticket to see the BAND, rather than a semi tribute band, but it is what it is.

Now to answer your question.  Imagine being a bitch who actually pays a ticket (!) to see the same setlist being toured 5th, 6th, 7th time. Now, that is what I call a BITCH, a sucker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1