2023 WORLD TOUR

Just now, kingcanyon said:

I mean unless they don't start in Europe until late June and go into August then maybe they would wait a bit longer to announce it

Apparently there are plans to go to North America (or at least Canada) in August. So i guess Europe will be in June/July as it has been the past few years. In that case there has to be an announcement in Dec

5 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Apparently there are plans to go to North America (or at least Canada) in August. So i guess Europe will be in June/July as it has been the past few years. In that case there has to be an announcement in Dec

Good point if they are playing Canada in August to me a bit of a tour in the US should happen either before or after as well. Anyway rockville will be announing there lineup for 2023 in just over 2 hours so who knows maybe we'll hear something after that. If gnr are playing there

Edited by kingcanyon

23 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

Good point if they are playing Canada in August to me a bit of a tour in the US should happen either before or after as well. Anyway rockville will be announing there lineup for 2023 in just over 2 hours so who knows maybe we'll hear something after that. If gnr are playing there

Looks like QOTSA will definitely be one of the headliners in rockville

• Like 1

I don't want to spoil the fun, but I wonder what some of you are so excited about? another round of tour with the same shitlist after 6 years?

I'm not surprised about the casual fan mommy going to these gigs with tix bought by her 30 year old son for her b-day. It's nostalgic for her I understand.

But people at this forum still being excited? no I don't get it.

1 hour ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I don't want to spoil the fun, but I wonder what some of you are so excited about? another round of tour with the same shitlist after 6 years?

I'm not surprised about the casual fan mommy going to these gigs with tix bought by her 30 year old son for her b-day. It's nostalgic for her I understand.

If they announce a Canadian tour I'd consider going to a show in Vancouver, but only if it's convenient and tickets are cheap. It's been 6 years since I've seen them and I know Axl will sound like shit, but I'm sure a couple friends would want to go... I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to buy tickets though. I'm way more excited for RHCP, and I'm hoping the Stones announce a show in Vancouver or Seattle.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Because people here are GNR fans, GNR members are now 60sh and who knows the way people drop dead if it could be the last time you see them so be grateful if you are able to see to them once every few years if they are in your area

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Responses like this always are so weird to me.

How many nights to you get to go out and see a concert or a ball game or whatever throughout the year.  My theory has always been I rather be out at a GnR show having a good time rather than sit at home not doing anything.  I'm not gonna fly across country but if they hit the Philadelphia market I'll be there for sure 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Maybe people don't consider it a "shitlist" but a great summary of GN'R's best songs, including many covers and instrumentals, spanning more than 3 hours?

Maybe people really like listening to GN'R live?

If they were playing near me and I had the evening off, I would certainly go, too. Why not? It is a great show. I guess I am a fan.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Not sure I get it either, as I'm done with spending loads to see the same thing now, but I wish I still felt some enthusiasm about them live anymore. It all seems very dull to me.

I am interested in where and when they're playing though, as it does sort of impact on any potential new stuff. 

It is very odd they be haven't announced yet. Pretty much all big summer tours have,with November being the main time. 

Well, we don't know how long the next year's tour gonna be. It could be just a few summer dates for all we know, maybe not even huge venues, so why rush with the tickets. They know it will be packed. Some people may even be expecting introduction of new tunes, huh. 

15 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I can tell you about myself. I've been a fan for about twenty years, but I didn't have  a lot of chance to see them earlier, since they haven't been playing near me for about ten years or more. I wanted to see reunion while they were touring Europe in 2017 and 2018, but I couldn't take days off the work in that time to travel to another countries and go to shows. I finally made it last year, saw two shows and I really enjoyed them and had a great time. And yes, I am really excited now to see the schedule for the following tour because now I can organize myself to travel again and see a couple more shows. I know that they won't probably change anything special in the setlist (of course, I want new music, like all the people at this board), but really don't mind that, cause I am just happy about possibility of traveling and seeing my favorite band live.

• Like 4

I'm extremely critical of the band, but if they're actually touring Canada (not sure where this rumour comes from), and they come near me, you bet your ass I'm going. Mind you, last time I saw them was 2010, and so I'll have to mentally prepare myself for the extreme difference in Axl's vocals. But whatever.

• Like 1

I even attend concerts of GnR tribute bands whenever they are playing close to me. There is few good ones from Croatia also Serbia which are vocally (AFD voice) and musically much tighter. 

Concert company went broke so I lost my ticket/money for Italian show few years ago due to pandemic but I would probably go. 

Set list is what it is, yet road trip, ppl with Gnr Shirts, atmosphere and singalong it cant be better.

Only thing that I don't get is recording with mobile phones. Why dont you just watch in real time.

• Like 3

On 12/14/2022 at 7:57 PM, ©GnrPersia said:

I agree with most of this. The majority of people don't know what they are getting when they buy a ticket, bit we know down to the minute what to expect yet there's excitement about more shows.

If you haven't seen them in years or ever before OR you're using the concert as an excuse to travel I fully understand why you might go, besides that I don't think anything else makes sense. I love going to concerts, I love gnr but I would find it hard to justify it... I can't say I definitely won't go, it has been almost 6yrs since I saw them last, but I definitely wouldn't be bummed out to miss them.

• Like 3

On 12/14/2022 at 2:57 PM, ©GnrPersia said:

They aren't gonna tour forever. Then again,who knows. The Stones are on year 60.  I probably won't travel far anymore to see the show but if they come within an hour or two I'd go. I'd travel pretty far to see the AFD five as I've seen many lineups since 92 but not them. 

11 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

I'm extremely critical of the band, but if they're actually touring Canada (not sure where this rumour comes from), and they come near me, you bet your ass I'm going. Mind you, last time I saw them was 2010, and so I'll have to mentally prepare myself for the extreme difference in Axl's vocals. But whatever.

On page 11 of this thread, this is the only 'source' I've seen for the Canada rumour:

On 12/1/2022 at 7:03 AM, bigggguyy said:

Can confirm North American dates are in the works for 2023.

I work at an outdoor stadium in Canada and there are holds for the band to play in August. Not confirmed yet, though, but apparently likely. I won't say which stadium, but it was one they played in 2017.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

They aren't gonna tour forever. Then again,who knows. The Stones are on year 60.  I probably won't travel far anymore to see the show but if they come within an hour or two I'd go. I'd travel pretty far to see the AFD five as I've seen many lineups since 92 but not them. 

It's too bad Guns don't do those house shows like Tommy Stinson, I would be down for that.

• Haha 1