2023 WORLD TOUR

I can't understand how people would like a band enough to join and post on a message board but have little interest in actually seeing that band play their songs live...

I mean, GNR have only ever played my country 5 times in their history. Of course I am going when they come. 

Hell, I'll even enjoy the 20 min KOHD after a few drinks :lol:

• Like 3

Just now, jacdaniel said:

I mean, GNR have only ever played my country 5 times in their history. Of course I am going when they come. 

I feel the same way except KOHD, they don't play here very often but I think that a lot of fans around the world got many chances to go see them live and now that they did it multiple times, the live experience is not exciting for these fans anymore, but they're still intersted in at least discussing Gn'R and/or new material.

honestly, I think it's an understandable position if you're a hardcore fan who is mostly interested in some kind of forward movement and not satisfied anymore with just a great but mostly nostalgic rock show or if you're a classically trained vocal coach.

8 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I can't understand how people would like a band enough to join and post on a message board but have little interest in actually seeing that band play their songs live...

But we all HAVE seen it.....quite a few times. And it's the same thing, more expensive each time and not as good each time. 

Money only goes so far and a lot of us are big music fans in general and want to see different or fresh things, even though GNR are our favourite band. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

I feel the same way except KOHD, they don't play here very often but I think that a lot of fans around the world got many chances to go see them live and now that they did it multiple times, the live experience is not exciting for these fans anymore, but they're still intersted in at least discussing Gn'R and/or new material.

honestly, I think it's an understandable position if you're a hardcore fan who is mostly interested in some kind of forward movement and not satisfied anymore with just a great but mostly nostalgic rock show or if you're a classically trained vocal coach.

Don't think you need to be a vocal coach to know Axls off🤣

22 hours ago, allwaystired said:

But we all HAVE seen it.....quite a few times. And it's the same thing, more expensive each time and not as good each time. 

Money only goes so far and a lot of us are big music fans in general and want to see different or fresh things, even though GNR are our favourite band. 

Well said 

HAD BUS BOOKED FOR GLAGOW N MY MATE ON A PLANE! DIDNT EVEN GO iNTHE END N MY MATE HAD FLOWN OVER COULND BRING MYSELF TO GO THRU N MEET MY MATE NIGOT HIM TOO GET ON THAT PLANE TOO SHIT FRIEND I AM BUT WAS BED RIDDEN TOTALLY MIFFED  LESS THAN 24 HOURS NOTICE TWICE NOW HE DONE THAT TO SCOTSH FOLk GET IT RE SCEDULED SOON PLEASE SHOULD BE PROiRITY BEFORE HYDE PARKTBH 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, HOLDEN CAULFIELD said:

HAD BUS BOOKED FOR GLAGOW N MY MATE ON A PLANE! DIDNT EVEN GO iNTHE END N MY MATE HAD FLOWN OVER COULND BRING MYSELF TO GO THRU N MEET MY MATE NIGOT HIM TOO GET ON THAT PLANE TOO SHIT FRIEND I AM BUT WAS BED RIDDEN TOTALLY MIFFED  LESS THAN 24 HOURS NOTICE TWICE NOW HE DONE THAT TO SCOTSH FOLk GET IT RE SCEDULED SOON PLEASE SHOULD BE PROiRITY BEFORE HYDE PARKTBH 

OKAY 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, HOLDEN CAULFIELD said:

Stop yelling

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, HOLDEN CAULFIELD said:

stop.

interpeter please.

• Haha 4

On 12/16/2022 at 4:07 AM, jacdaniel said:

Yeah, I agree.  If you like a band and tickets are affordable then why not go. My childhood friend and I both like Metallica. For the first presale, we decided not to go since tickets were either not in our price range or all the way up top in the nosebleed sections. Second presale was for NY Giants season ticket holders, which I am. There were more tickets sections of MetLife Stadium that opened up for within the price range my childhood friend and I were looking for. It was $150, which was same as the tickets for GNR in 2016 at MetLife in the 200B section. We decided to get those. We don't know if Metallica will be back around the NJ/NYC  area so we decided that it would be best to see them in August, especially since it was within our price range.

GNR, Metallica, and other bands will eventually stop touring. They're at that age now where they will eventually retire. Might as well enjoy them while they are still around.  

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 9:50 PM, HOLDEN CAULFIELD said:

CAPS LOCK IS ON 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

They really are missing the boat here in terms of putting summer shows on sale. January/February is a notoriously bad time to announce shows, especially expensive ones. 

2023 also could be just 5 to 10 shows, and they'll be sold out anyway, so what do they care. It would be ideal - 10 shows with 2 new songs and Axl saying at the last gig: "new album next year" or something. Ha, I'm amusing myself here. 

Reminds me of "we'll be back next year with a whole bunch of new songs" or "we've got two, no, that's four new records coming"... those were the times. 

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

2023 also could be just 5 to 10 shows, and they'll be sold out anyway, so what do they care. It would be ideal - 10 shows with 2 new songs and Axl saying at the last gig: "new album next year" or something. Ha, I'm amusing myself here. 

Reminds me of "we'll be back next year with a whole bunch of new songs" or "we've got two, no, that's four new records coming"... those were the times. 

You're losing your mind! 

It'll be the annual summer run through Europe then the US in October time. And you might get 'You're Crazy' played at whichever speed they haven't played it at so often recently. 

But, hey, you never know right?! Waiting and amusing ourselves costs nothing! 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

You're losing your mind! 

It'll be the annual summer run through Europe then the US in October time. And you might get 'You're Crazy' played at whichever speed they haven't played it at so often recently. 

But, hey, you never know right?! Waiting and amusing ourselves costs nothing! 

Yeah, I reckon that's what's coming, unfortunately. But Richard may have a new guitar and Melissa a new hair colour. Plus, they don't owe us anything, some people are never satisfied, complaints complaints! 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 2