2023 WORLD TOUR

On 11/29/2022 at 7:02 AM, Rovim said:

was Melissa hired before Pitman got super drunk?  just cause Axl seems to be loyal to his band members and maybe I've missed it. Do we know that Pitman wasn't offered to be a part of the current lineup?

From what I heard... He was still the second keyboardist, until he posted that tweet about NITL being a " money grab".  Which was a couple months before the first shows (was fired).   Caram made a call to see if Melissa would join and she did.  Could've had a decent pay day if he would have kept his mouth shut.  I've never heard the story of Slash and Duff not getting a long with him... Duff shoving him is news to me... 

44 minutes ago, Roses4L said:

From what I heard... He was still the second keyboardist, until he posted that tweet about NITL being a " money grab".  Which was a couple months before the first shows (was fired).   Caram made a call to see if Melissa would join and she did.  Could've had a decent pay day if he would have kept his mouth shut.  I've never heard the story of Slash and Duff not getting a long with him... Duff shoving him is news to me... 

Makes no sense. I'd say he was supposed to be in the band (or at least that's what he thought), and only once he'd found out he wouldn't, he tweeted that thing, pissed off and all. Otherwise why shit in your own nest? 

Just now, jamillos said:

Makes no sense. I'd say he was supposed to be in the band (or at least that's what he thought), and only once he'd found out he wouldn't, he tweeted that thing, pissed off and all. Otherwise why shit in your own nest? 

alcohol?

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

alcohol?

Yeah, that's what he blamed it on later (after deleting the tweet), but the logical principle still stands. Dunno whether I read it somewhere or just made it up in my head, but I think he thought he'd be there, and then he wasn't, and so then he vented... 

Just now, jamillos said:

Yeah, that's what he blamed it on later (after deleting the tweet), but the logical principle still stands. Dunno whether I read it somewhere or just made it up in my head, but I think he thought he'd be there, and then he wasn't, and so then he vented... 

not sure exactly what happened there, but like I've mentioned before, I don't think Axl fired Pitman just because Slash and Duff came back to Gn'R. It's logical that a very drunk person that is bitter would just lose control or even without drinking. 

I don't believe Melissa was even considered for the job until Pitman did his thing, but maybe I'm wrong.

43 minutes ago, Rovim said:

not sure exactly what happened there, but like I've mentioned before, I don't think Axl fired Pitman just because Slash and Duff came back to Gn'R. It's logical that a very drunk person that is bitter would just lose control or even without drinking. 

I don't believe Melissa was even considered for the job until Pitman did his thing, but maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah it's also possible he had some beef with Slash/Duff (like the story with that nailing to the wall). Or maybe they originally really only wanted to do a few AfD shows (hence rehearsing with Steven and Izzy being involved) and Pitman wouldn't have fit there, but then it broke down. Or they realized they wanted to do the whole nine yards, and after that tweet it was too late for him... who knows.

Edit: Still a mystery to me what would they have been doing after those few shows.

Edited by jamillos

So he first praises Coachella, thinking he’s in the band, then he has a change of heart, writes shit on the net and gets fired? Sounds weird to me. 
What about: he praises Coachella, thinking he’s in the band, then something happens, he finds out he’s not included, gets bitter and writes shit on the net? This sequence would make much more sense to me than him suddenly changing his approach to the whole thing. 
The question is, how does the "we only wanted to do a few shows" plus Izzy/Steven thing fit in the initial equation, time-wise and all. 

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

So he first praises Coachella, thinking he’s in the band, then he has a change of heart, writes shit on the net and gets fired? Sounds weird to me. 
What about: he praises Coachella, thinking he’s in the band, then something happens, he finds out he’s not included, gets bitter and writes shit on the net? This sequence would make much more sense to me than him suddenly changing his approach to the whole thing. 
The question is, how does the "we only wanted to do a few shows" plus Izzy/Steven thing fit in the initial equation, time-wise and all. 

He wrote the shit about the band a couple weeks after that. he had gotten fired by that time

At the time, they were being really secretive as to who was in the band and only Slash and Duff had advertised the show. Pitman updated his bio to something like “Guns N’ Roses 1997 - Present” and was told to take it down along with the post referencing Coachella off the top of my head.

The most hilarious moment for me was Pitman throwing the toys out of the pram after he departed branding them a nostalgia act etc, when a few years before, he done this really creepy interview with his arm around the young reporter saying a band like Guns N’ Roses doesn’t need to release new music. 

“It’s like raaaaa-aaiiiin…”

24 minutes ago, Dean said:

At the time, they were being really secretive as to who was in the band and only Slash and Duff had advertised the show. Pitman updated his bio to something like “Guns N’ Roses 1997 - Present” and was told to take it down along with the post referencing Coachella off the top of my head.

The most hilarious moment for me was Pitman throwing the toys out of the pram after he departed branding them a nostalgia act etc, when a few years before, he done this really creepy interview with his arm around the young reporter saying a band like Guns N’ Roses doesn’t need to release new music. 

“It’s like raaaaa-aaiiiin…”

I dunno. He was right though. They were a nostalgia act by then and god knows what they are now. 

26 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Wheres that Simpsons gif of "stop ..it's already dead..."