2023 WORLD TOUR

Perhaps we're finally getting someone like axl who's tired of touring playing the same songs over and over. There could be a small chance that this delay is cause axl wants to work on a new album. 

Of course the reason is more likely that they haven't finalised all the shows yet

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

There's still good availability for the Hyde Park show which in most circumstances would have sold out by now. I guess some might still be pissed at what happened with Tottenham last year along with no notification on what's happening with Glasgow yet. Maybe they're just holding back to gauge interest before they announce more dates or if there are contract agreements on not announcing more dates until BST is sold out or a timed period since tickets went on sale. Indications from comments from their social media would d lead us to believe that they will continue to tour but not when. Guess we will have to wait and seeeeee

On 1/3/2023 at 4:56 PM, kingcanyon said:

Perhaps we're finally getting someone like axl who's tired of touring playing the same songs over and over. There could be a small chance that this delay is cause axl wants to work on a new album. 

Of course the reason is more likely that they haven't finalised all the shows yet

NOT A CHANCE. But great troll post

8 hours ago, waxl1974 said:

There's still good availability for the Hyde Park show which in most circumstances would have sold out by now. I guess some might still be pissed at what happened with Tottenham last year along with no notification on what's happening with Glasgow yet. Maybe they're just holding back to gauge interest before they announce more dates or if there are contract agreements on not announcing more dates until BST is sold out or a timed period since tickets went on sale. Indications from comments from their social media would d lead us to believe that they will continue to tour but not when. Guess we will have to wait and seeeeee

I think they probably rushed the announcement of BST out if the Glastonbury rumours are true to get a headstart on that before the festival announces. Not that there's much crossover with fans anyway! 

On 1/2/2023 at 12:26 PM, allwaystired said:

The likelihood is that all the dates/venues haven't been sorted yet. 

Leaving a big summer tour this late and announcing it in January, when people have no money, and every other major tour is announced is pretty bonkers though I agree. 

Speculating entirely, I would suggest there is a growing gap between the money GNR want and expect, based on the past, and what promoters want to give them now which has caused long negotiations and stand-offs. That's the sort of thing that holds tour announcements up normally. 

Whatever happened to, however many tickets you sell you get x percentage and the promoter takes the rest. When did that all change and bands need a guaranteed amount? You sell out a stadium? congrats you're rich. you play to an empty stadium? means you're not as popular as you think and you don't get paid. tbh the big 3 are all worth 100m+ Axl double or triple that, so i'd say it's more likely incompetence on TB side, if there actually is a tour being planned. 

8 hours ago, waxl1974 said:

Lol if they're waiting for hyde park to sell out, there wont be a tour at this rate :lol: I think it will pick up if they announce a strong undercard soon though.

47 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Whatever happened to, however many tickets you sell you get x percentage and the promoter takes the rest. When did that all change and bands need a guaranteed amount? You sell out a stadium? congrats you're rich. you play to an empty stadium? means you're not as popular as you think and you don't get paid. tbh the big 3 are all worth 100m+ Axl double or triple that, so i'd say it's more likely incompetence on TB side, if there actually is a tour being planned. 

Yeah that never happens now, apart from maybe local acts! Even small touring bands get a set amount to play a venue, with the promoter taking the ticket money after they've paid band, venue hire, expenses etc. 

Sometimes though there are certain arrangements like more money for the band if it's a sellout, or a cut of the promoters profits if it sells over a certain amount, but those sort of arangements are pretty ad-hoc and individual. 

Merch sales have changed too - a lot of acts now just sell the rights to make merch for a tour to an outside company and have next to nothing to do with the designs, range, price etc. The outside company takes all the merch money after buying the rights. 

As for my country, it makes me very much think that a festival like Firenze Rocks has announced only 2 headliners out of 4. Those from the first 2 nights are missing. Usually they have always announced everything by December.

This makes me think that one of the 2 left might be Guns.

Just my speculation though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

ideally theyd surprise everyone and play a new album front to back in london then release it right after the show and announce a world tour...

but this is gnr... so i woke up from my dream... thats it for my monthly checkup in snoozeland... peace fuckers ✌️ 😂

And ideally I’d be a millionaire… but such is life.😅🏼

• Haha 3