2023 WORLD TOUR

12 hours ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

How many bands not being gnr would do that?

idk man... metallica announced a new album, a world tour with two nights in each city with two completely different set lists, and dropped a new single with a video all on the same day about a month ago

dont get me wrong, i still prefer guns music but ffs we gotta be the most masochistic fans in the world on here lol

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 11:06 PM, allwaystired said:

Yeah that never happens now, apart from maybe local acts! Even small touring bands get a set amount to play a venue, with the promoter taking the ticket money after they've paid band, venue hire, expenses etc. 

Sometimes though there are certain arrangements like more money for the band if it's a sellout, or a cut of the promoters profits if it sells over a certain amount, but those sort of arangements are pretty ad-hoc and individual. 

Merch sales have changed too - a lot of acts now just sell the rights to make merch for a tour to an outside company and have next to nothing to do with the designs, range, price etc. The outside company takes all the merch money after buying the rights. 

That's madness with the merch. didn't realise bands had gotten so lazy. 

On 1/6/2023 at 6:16 PM, allwaystired said:

Three.....

....and Four! 

Hey, try every month, throw enough shit at a wall and some of it will eventually stick, then hey, presto, you're an 'insider'! 

I don't claim to be an insider. But my first post was in October about this. Milton obviously moved to hyde park. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ckgent said:

I don't claim to be an insider. But my first post was in October about this. Milton obviously moved to hyde park. 

Ah, the classic 'plans changed'! 

I'd suggest popping up repeatedly boldly claiming things, saying it's definite but you couldn't possibly reveal your 'sources' with phrases such as 'just wait and see' is the very definition of someone trying to make out they're an 'insider'. 

Whacking the cliche 'plans changed' caveat when shown up as wrong pretty much seals the deal......and when Glasgow does get rescheduled (as it inevitably will do) we'll get "see I, told you it was happening" too. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ckgent said:

Wait so they're playing milton keynes still? or they are just playing hyde park? plans changed from october at MK to november at hyde park, which are usually booked at least 1 year in advance? go back in your cave troll

I'd still be hopeful for more UK dates (and an Ireland one) being announced in the coming weeks.

Have mentioned before that I spoke to a crew member after the Marlay Park show that was adamant they were already booked up to play Dublin again in 2023.

That said, Hyde Park aside, they've missed what has now become a traditional key selling period for stadium gig concert tickets in the UK (the run up to Christmas).

Beginning to wonder if this run of European dates will primarily focus on festival dates.

Waiting for all those announcements and tour dates so long made me wonder about one thing.

Maybe we've already crossed the time when the train called The Never F'n Ending Tour started to get slower and slower?

In 2022, the band did many great n' awesome performances, and though i once had much fun being there personally, i had an everlasting feeling of something getting worn out, diminishing in scale and possibly ending soon, at least in the form that we know it now.

I won't say that the Hyde Park is the only show of 2023, but who knows, huh? Maybe the constant touring is getting harder to organise etc. or there are other major reasons behind it, many of which have already been mentioned here - we never know.

I think i just have a thought in mind that 2023 will finally bring some changes to the GNR touring reality, that's why we're waiting. 

I might as well be wrong, and if so, see you in some of the 2023 Europe shows!

• Haha 1