2023 WORLD TOUR

18 hours ago, Natty said:

The source you quote  is saying „non official source“ . I tend to believe the hyde park thing is a one off europe gig for GNR. It s quite late to announce stadium gigs for June only in February or later. 

Again. Rolling Stones announced their 2022 stadium tour that started on June 1st on March 13th.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Are people seriously using the Stones and Beyonce as examples that GNR could sell out stadiums quickly? 

In 2016-17 GNR were as big of a draw as them, but now? Wtf are you people smoking!? :rofl-lol:

What does it matter? Either people want to go to a concert or not. They are not magically are gonna want to go, because tickets are available for a year. People who want a good seat/category will buy as soon as they go on sale and the others will have to buy before the concert happens. So, whatever.

17 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Are people seriously using the Stones and Beyonce as examples that GNR could sell out stadiums quickly? 

In 2016-17 GNR were as big of a draw as them, but now? Wtf are you people smoking!? :rofl-lol:

Exactly- the GNR fanbase that will go a concert „no matter what“ is not big enough to  sell out stadiums. And the common rock fan is tired of GNR. When I told a friend of mine that GNR is likely to tour Europe this summer she responded „again? They ve been here so often since the reunion and don t offer anything new… therefore many common rock fans won t buy a ticket to see them. And one new single (if that may come) doesn t change a thing. There was no hype among rock fans after „hard school“

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Natty said:

Exactly- the GNR fanbase that will go a concert „no matter what“ is not big enough to  sell out stadiums. And the common rock fan is tired of GNR. When I told a friend of mine that GNR is likely to tour Europe this summer she responded „again? They ve been here so often since the reunion and don t offer anything new… therefore many common rock fans won t buy a ticket to see them. And one new single (if that may come) doesn t change a thing. There was no hype among rock fans after „hard school“

We'll see about that. Point is, even stadium tours can be announced late. And there was a good turn out on their last tour. So it can be again. And '17,18' and '22 is not really often. Also who says the stadium needs to be sold out? At the prices they are chargin 2 thirds of available tickets sold is good enough too.,

Edited by PatrickS77

37 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

We'll see about that. Point is, even stadium tours can be announced late. And there was a good turn out on their last tour. So it can be again. And '17,18' and '22 is not really often. Also who says the stadium needs to be sold out? At the prices they are chargin 2 thirds of available tickets sold is good enough too.,

The other thing to note is there is a wide category of capacities when talking about stadiums, for example they'd struggle to sell out larger ones in the time period they have, but 30k might very much be do able still.

But either way, money is tight for many at the mo eng and people will have to pick and choose between the acts touring out there. GnR aren't quite in the unmissable bracket anymore, whilst in 16-17 they probably were.

Some of you live in a fantasy world. Beyoncé can drop dates and people will pay thousands of dollars and it'll sell out without issue. I think some of you legitimately think GNR will drop a stadium tour announcement (of any capacity) and legions of people will be foaming at the mouths, stampeding each other to buy tickets.

I'm not sure what some of you are smoking, but kindly pass it over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An indoor Arena run would probably sell fine, but I can't see them doing that. 

Someone thinks they'll still sell though - Hyde Park got announced, big show, very expensive tickets. Ok, it doesn't look to be selling very well, but it got booked which means some promoters must think they can still draw. 

Really, that it got booked surprises me, but it did! 

Edited by allwaystired

1 hour ago, Zeppelin said:

Some of you live in a fantasy world. Beyoncé can drop dates and people will pay thousands of dollars and it'll sell out without issue. I think some of you legitimately think GNR will drop a stadium tour announcement (of any capacity) and legions of people will be foaming at the mouths, stampeding each other to buy tickets.

They did play stadiums last year. They played stadiums in the US 2 years ago, when all of you said that no one will show up. So really, shove it with your arrogance. Why shouldn't they be able to do so again? A limited run, in different cities. Why not? And no one is talking about every show being sold out. Also tickets for GNR don't cost thousands of dollars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeppelin said:

I don't really think GNR are having issues with selling tickets though to be fair, they've been out since 2016 and last year they were still playing to mostly full stadiums... obviously Beyonce with her huge promotional comeback album and tour is going to sell tickets, GNR somehow manage to sell tickets despite themselves. And it's not a stampede, but a steady trickle that sells GNR tickets these days... and if Beyonce toured every year, her sales would be slower too. 

As far as GNR not releasing the remainder of dates, Megadeth just announced their 2023 dates this week, it's not too late to sell out shows. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

They did play stadiums last year. They played stadiums in the US 2 years ago, when all of you said that no one will show up. So really, shove it with your arrogance. Why shouldn't they be able to do so again? A limited run, in different cities. Why not? And no one is talking about every show being sold out. Also tickets for GNR don't cost thousands of dollars.

Your head is in the clouds. Tickets have gotten more expensive, travel has gotten more expensive. Touring has gotten more expensive. The whole point is that the band can't wait too long to announce something because people have to be able to put money aside if they want to go to these things. It's not the same as it was even two years ago. They no longer have that luxury. Obviously their tickets don't cost thousands of dollars. That wasn't the point. The point was that Beyoncé can announce the show whenever she pleases and it would sell out because people would throw money at her. GNR has people that will do that, of course. But not even close to the same numbers as someone who is actually relevant. Not even in the same stratosphere. Relevance matters.

You can tell me to shove it all you want. You clearly think GNR is in some odd bubble world and if that's your safe zone, then good for you. Enjoy it. Doesn't really change anything that I've said. It's a reality. GNR should make a big stink when it comes to touring and new material. We know that to not be the case anymore. But it would help them in the long run.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I don't really think GNR are having issues with selling tickets though to be fair, they've been out since 2016 and last year they were still playing to mostly full stadiums... obviously Beyonce with her huge promotional comeback album and tour is going to sell tickets, GNR somehow manage to sell tickets despite themselves. And it's not a stampede, but a steady trickle that sells GNR tickets these days... and if Beyonce toured every year, her sales would be slower too. 

As far as GNR not releasing the remainder of dates, Megadeth just announced their 2023 dates this week, it's not too late to sell out shows. 

Megadeth announced a plethora of festival dates in Europe. Those don't really revolve around them specifically. They sprinkle shows in between those, but it's not exactly a massive stadium/arena tour.

19 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Your head is in the clouds. Tickets have gotten more expensive, travel has gotten more expensive. Touring has gotten more expensive. The whole point is that the band can't wait too long to announce something because people have to be able to put money aside if they want to go to these things. It's not the same as it was even two years ago. They no longer have that luxury. Obviously their tickets don't cost thousands of dollars. That wasn't the point. The point was that Beyoncé can announce the show whenever she pleases and it would sell out because people would throw money at her. GNR has people that will do that, of course. But not even close to the same numbers as someone who is actually relevant. Not even in the same stratosphere. Relevance matters.

You can tell me to shove it all you want. You clearly think GNR is in some odd bubble world and if that's your safe zone, then good for you. Enjoy it. Doesn't really change anything that I've said. It's a reality. GNR should make a big stink when it comes to touring and new material. We know that to not be the case anymore. But it would help them in the long run.

Yeah. Whatever. Not everyone is as poor as you.

Edited by PatrickS77

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Do you have to be poor to say big  concerts have become ludicrously expensive? 

I couldn't care less about 'market forces' or that 'all big acts charge the same', concerts have got to stupid prices. I don't think you need to be rich or poor to point that out!  

Sure, people seem to be paying these prices, but fucking hell have gig demographics changed in recent years.....and not for the better in my humble opinion. 

No, obviously not. Only if you can't afford to go to concerts you wanna go or need months to get funds together to go to a concert, by which time, had the dates been announced many months in advance, the good seats/sections will be gone anyway. So I don't see the benefit of announcing a tour early other than to avoid date collisions.

But yes, concert ticket prices suck. No question about that. But still, that doesn't stop me from seeing the gigs I want to see. Most artists I want to see will be done in 5 years anyway. Ozzy just stopped today. So I will ride this out. No matter the cost (well, I'm not paying 1000 $ for a ticket, not because I can't afford it, but because I would feel taken advantage off... though I have to tread that back a bit. This year, for the first time, I actually did buy a ticket for 1000 and 1700 $, though the second one came with a meet and greet and is a front row seat, the other just a front row seat). Luckily I can afford it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. Whatever. Not everyone is as poor as you.

What a retarded comment. :facepalm:

People will still go to shows and travel, but in a 'cost of living crises' lots of people will have to make those plans well in advance. Expecting that GNR can fill stadiums on relatively short notice with expensive tickets is ridiculous. They are absolutely not a hot ticket like Beyonce.

At this point I'm guessing most of the European shows will be festivals anyway.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

No, obviously not. Only if you can't afford to go to concerts you wanna go or need months to get funds together to go to a concert, by which time, had the dates been announced many months in advance, the good seats/sections will be gone anyway. So I don't see the benefit of announcing a tour early other than to avoid date collisions.

But yes, concert ticket prices suck. No question about that. But still, that doesn't stop me from seeing the gigs I want to see. Most artists I want to see will be done in 5 years anyway. Ozzy just stopped today. So I will ride this out. No matter the cost (well, I'm not paying 1000 $ for a ticket, not because I can't afford it, but because I would feel taken advantage off... though I have to tread that back a bit. This year, for the first time, I actually did buy a ticket for 1000 and 1700 $, though the second one came with a meet and greet and is a front row seat, the other just a front row seat). Luckily I can afford it.

I would say I've never been to fewer concerts in my life, since I started going to gigs age 15. Definitely makes me sad, and I'm not seeing things I want to see.....but I can't change it. 

With my overheads, bills, housing, food expenditure etc still rocketing upwards and my wage not, buying those sort of tickets isn't feasible. 

I do wish bands would, even occasionally, just reel back a bit their desire to make millions and therefore shut certain types of fan out, but I'm not naive enough to think most of them care a stuff about fans! 

• Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 4:16 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I can't believe people still think adding Steven, Izzy or Matt fucking Sorum to the lineup would drastically increase ticket sales. :lol:

As long as Axl and Slash are on stage, most of the audience doesn't give a fuck about the rest of the lineup.

I'm glad you left out Duff because as cool as he is he could be replaced with any number of musicians as the draw has always been Axl and Slash. His importance has been overstated since he came back as if the classic lineup was a Big 3 of Axl/Slash/Duff when its really Axl/Slash/Izzy with Axl and Slash being by far the most iconic to the public.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I would say I've never been to fewer concerts in my life, since I started going to gigs age 15. Definitely makes me sad, and I'm not seeing things I want to see.....but I can't change it. 

With my overheads, bills, housing, food expenditure etc still rocketing upwards and my wage not, buying those sort of tickets isn't feasible. 

I do wish bands would, even occasionally, just reel back a bit their desire to make millions and therefore shut certain types of fan out, but I'm not naive enough to think most of them care a stuff about fans! 

Yeah. It seems the older and richer they get, the less they think of the average man. Which is quite sad actually. Artists on their retirement tours, close to 80 charging more than ever, really sucks to high hell. Actually more people should say fuck them. But since most people don't and there is nothing to do to change it, you either say fuck them and stay at home sulking and missing out or you cough up the money, if you can. I'm not good at missing out. So I see myself going to more and more concerts, as for me it's the finishing line. I'm not really interested in any of the young artists.

• Like 1

There's an inverse to an artist's touring career where their actual prime would've been relatively cheap in seeing them compared to when they become a legacy act and most of them have trouble performing their songs vocally and the energy isn't nearly the same. I'd be interested in what the price for a Guns N' Roses ticket was in 1992-93 both before and after inflation. 

5 minutes ago, mystery said:

There's an inverse to an artist's touring career where their actual prime would've been relatively cheap in seeing them compared to when they become a legacy act and most of them have trouble performing their songs vocally and the energy isn't nearly the same. I'd be interested in what the price for a Guns N' Roses ticket was in 1992-93 both before and after inflation. 

The tickets for the skin and bones tour in Germany were about 30 euros.

• Like 1