2023 WORLD TOUR

That would've been such an interesting release that feels like more of a deep dive which I guess is why it would have been called Best Of. I'm just wondering what the market for it would be since the Greatest Hits had come out only 2 years prior? That seems like enough for the type of person who'd buy a Greatest Hits collection. For everyone else I'd imagine the demos and SOYL would be the draw.

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

What the hell is it doing on there really anyway? I don't hate it like Slash did.....but to have it on there?! Come on! 

It was released as a single by the band. Greatest Hits-albums are filled up with by singles. Unless you are Noel Gallagher deciding.

Edited by Spiritual_Chaos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

It was released as a single by the band. Greatest Hits-albums are filled up with by singles. Unless you are Noel Gallagher deciding.

Some great singles were left off in favour of that though. An odd choice in my view! 

Haha- I liked that Noel Gallagher compilation- bought the 3cd box. To be fair to it it was a 'best of' rather than a 'greatest hits' too, which I always think is a very different thing. 

This thread really has derailed, in the absence of any tour dates! 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Nightrain, Dead Horse, It's So Easy, etc. were all released as singles too, but Sympathy was "the last GNR song", that's why it's on GH.

At the very least they should've replaced Ain't It Fun with one of their original singles...

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nightrain, Dead Horse, It's So Easy, etc. were all released as singles too, but Sympathy was "the last GNR song", that's why it's on GH.

At the very least they should've replaced Ain't It Fun with one of their original singles...

I agree. UTLH should’ve been on there instead of Aint It Fun.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I like The Dead Boys and had both those albums for a few years before TSI? came out. But Aint it Fun It’s one a few tracks on that album that beats the original. It’s a GnR song GnR didn’t write. It’s one of the tunes that captures the spirit of that band for me. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I like The Dead Boys and had both those albums for a few years before TSI? came out. But Aint it Fun It’s one a few tracks on that album that beats the original. It’s a GnR song GnR didn’t write. It’s one of the tunes that captures the spirit of that band for me. 

It's by far the best song on TSI? but it doesn't belong on a "Greatest Hits" album over Mr Brownstone, Nightrain, etc.

On topic, at this point if money/negotiations aren't the holdup for announcing dates, I'm guessing the European tour will be like half a dozen shows used as a warmup for the North American tour...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's by far the best song on TSI? but it doesn't belong on a "Greatest Hits" album over Mr Brownstone, Nightrain, etc.

Every time I am reminded that Ain't it Fun is on the greatest hits album it just blows my mind completely lol.

How did it make it over Nightrain which was also released as a single lol

AiF didn't even chart as high as Nightrain. It makes no sense lol 

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 3

Okay so no announcement of any tour dates other than confirmed Hyde Park show and a strongly rummored Glasto headline slot and some possible European dates if those come to fruition. 

Could they either have 

1- An album to drop and then a tour to promote knowing ticket sales shouldn't be too much of a problem to shift or

2- The classic 5 will come back short term and head out for a few selected shows and also have this screened in cinemas live a bit like Coldplay done last year to have an even bigger audience and revenue? 

It just feels really odd just having the one confirmed show at the moment. I've got my tickets so at least I know I get to see them one more time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, waxl1974 said:

Okay so no announcement of any tour dates other than confirmed Hyde Park show and a strongly rummored Glasto headline slot and some possible European dates if those come to fruition. 

Could they either have 

1- An album to drop and then a tour to promote knowing ticket sales shouldn't be too much of a problem to shift or

2- The classic 5 will come back short term and head out for a few selected shows and also have this screened in cinemas live a bit like Coldplay done last year to have an even bigger audience and revenue? 

It just feels really odd just having the one confirmed show at the moment. I've got my tickets so at least I know I get to see them one more time.

In theory, yes, but I find neither likely at all. I reckon they either won't tour much or don't worry about ticket sales.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, waxl1974 said:

Could they either have 

They're going to have to make good on that Glasgow show too, or cancel it properly and refund everyone. 

Amazed they haven't given a date for that- it surely must be sorted out by now. Can't hang on to people's money indefinitely! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, waxl1974 said:

Okay so no announcement of any tour dates other than confirmed Hyde Park show and a strongly rummored Glasto headline slot and some possible European dates if those come to fruition...

Maybe GNR will have 2 dates only for Europe....just like Foo fighters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, waxl1974 said:

I love how amazing but impossible at the same time it sounds lol

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

They're going to have to make good on that Glasgow show too, or cancel it properly and refund everyone. 

Amazed they haven't given a date for that- it surely must be sorted out by now. Can't hang on to people's money indefinitely! 

still nothing for Glasgow 3 years with tickets haven’t even had a update there leaning it pretty late to confirm a date wish they hurry up with a date or cancel.     

I had to get a assisable ticket for my wheelchair so I’m not going to cancel but aye they have had our money for 3 years. 

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, TAYLOR said:

still nothing for Glasgow 3 years with tickets haven’t even had a update there leaning it pretty late to confirm a date wish they hurry up with a date or cancel.     

I had to get a assisable ticket for my wheelchair so I’m not going to cancel but aye they have had our money for 3 years. 

Sorry to hear that- hope something comes up very soon! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Will we get an announcement post superbowl? 

They might not want to drown out their announcement with everything that surrounds the event taking the headlines.

People over at festileaks are pretty certain we're getting an announcement for graspop this week and that it's gonna be GNR. We'll see if they'll announce the whole tour as well or just that show. But at least we might get something. 

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

I wanted to do the rough math on the amount of touring they've done through different eras of their history and came up with this. I know different legs had different names but I went by the years they toured consecutively and by era which leaves out the 2 1990 shows they did which feels sandwiched between 2 eras. There might also be award show appearances counted in here.

Appetite Era: 1987-1989-(182)
Use Your Illusion Era: 1991-1993-(196)
Chinese Democracy Era: 2001-2002-(27)
2006-2007-(94)
2009-2014-(232)
Not In This Lifetime Era: 2016-2022-(249)

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

12 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

People over at festileaks are pretty certain we're getting an announcement for graspop this week and that it's gonna be GNR. We'll see if they'll announce the whole tour as well or just that show. But at least we might get something. 

Is there a day they are meant to announce?

12 minutes ago, WendiRosei said:

c'è ancora un thread

Yes, I saw the birthday trend, but I meant something different.

I'm definitely going to make a mistake, but I thought Axl's birthday was a good date to announce the shows talked about here.