2023 WORLD TOUR

17 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

From what I've seen, the reaction to them has been the same as any song that isn't Sweet Child O' Mine or Paradise City...

The crowd can't complain about a new album when Chinese Democracy is effectively a new album. There's good songs off that album that probably sound good live but Axl for most of this run unfortunately can't do them justice. 2009-early 2010s was the best period for those songs in concert.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, mystery said:

The crowd can't complain about a new album when Chinese Democracy is effectively a new album. There's good songs off that album that probably sound good live but Axl for most of this run unfortunately can't do them justice. 2009-early 2010s was the best period for those songs in concert.

Absolutely. Especially This I love and Street of Dreams. These have always been a reliable benchmark of his current vocal form. 2010 was a beast. Too bad he didn't do them that much in 2016 iirc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mystery said:

He's playing those songs since 20 years. Nothing new about them.

4 hours ago, mystery said:

For people who have gone to concerts in recent years I'm curious at what the general perception of the Chinese Democracy songs are and if the people there are generally aware of them?

I’m always down the front but “Chinese Democracy” the song seems to get a very positive response. 

I think the reunion has been good for the overall appreciation of the album. 

• Like 2

I see Hyde Park General Admission is now sold out. With over four months to go & hopefully some strong support it’s gonna do very well. 

It would be a great show to film. Hyde park does look pretty spectacular & the big wrap around screen will be good for the graphics. 

I hope something is coming. If they are doing Glasto it’s an opportunity to really boost awareness again to wider audiences. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

I see Hyde Park General Admission is now sold out. With over four months to go & hopefully some strong support it’s gonna do very well. 

It would be a great show to film. Hyde park does look pretty spectacular & the big wrap around screen will be good for the graphics. 

I hope something is coming. If they are doing Glasto it’s an opportunity to really boost awareness again to wider audiences. 

GA isn't sold out

For some reason there 3 GA options. One which lets you in an hour earlier. 1 of the 3 GA options is sold out.

7 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

GA isn't sold out

For some reason there 3 GA options. One which lets you in an hour earlier. 1 of the 3 GA options is sold out.

GA is sold out (all tiers).

yes- primary entry still remains & Gold circle etc but the fact the cheapest tkts have all gone. It’ll sell just fine. 

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

Absolutely. Especially This I love and Street of Dreams. These have always been a reliable benchmark of his current vocal form. 2010 was a beast. Too bad he didn't do them that much in 2016 iirc

This I Love was played in almost every show from 2016-18

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

He's playing those songs since 20 years. Nothing new about them.

Well it's new if it's your first time hearing it whether it's 20yrs or 40yrs old, but yeah I get your point. As far as the majority of the crowd goes they have no clue what's new or old outside of what was included on the greatest hits. Nightrain, ISE, Civil War, LALD and the hits. Chinese could have been on UYI to some of these people but they don't care, the same way they don't care if they hear dead horse or locomotive or think about you or any other number of lesser known songs

• Like 1

I heard people say about 'Estranged'- "oh that must be a new one". They were decked head to toe on GNR merchandise too. 

Absolutely remarkable considering it was a single. 

1 hour ago, reayj2003 said:

GA is sold out (all tiers).

yes- primary entry still remains & Gold circle etc but the fact the cheapest tkts have all gone. It’ll sell just fine. 

No they're right, GA isn't sold out. Take a look: 

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/american-express-presents-bst-hyde-park-guns-n-roses-london-30-06-2023/event/37005D7E7B820D46

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

It is. If you choose a ticket, it says they couldn't find any

Ah ok, yeah didn't check that. EDIT: it isn't actually sold out, you can buy GA at Tier 2 prices.....which weirdly is the same price as Tier 3! I guess when/if those Tier 2 tickets sell, Tier 3 will be available. 

Ignore the below as GA isn't sold out l....although my point on how shit Ticketmaster is remains. Arseholes.  

I do wonder if it's Ticketmaster doing their usual routing of trying to push the more expensive shit by saying the GA is sold out. My guess would be they pop up again in a few weeks- seen that old trick done SO many times by them. 

£206 for a GC ticket is very lively. Especially when you look at the map and GC is so big.

Edited by allwaystired

13 hours ago, mystery said:

For people who have gone to concerts in recent years I'm curious at what the general perception of the Chinese Democracy songs are and if the people there are generally aware of them?

From the shows that I attended in 2016, 2017, and 2021, the title song Chinese Democracy gets a strong reaction. Better somewhat as well. Not nearly as strong as CD. 

4 minutes ago, Draguns said:

From the shows that I attended in 2016, 2017, and 2021, the title song Chinese Democracy gets a strong reaction. Better somewhat as well. Not nearly as strong as CD. 

Chinese Democracy does have an admittedly good opening riff. Better is a shame because it would sound so much better with his 2006 voice.

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I heard people say about 'Estranged'- "oh that must be a new one". They were decked head to toe on GNR merchandise too. 

Absolutely remarkable considering it was a single. 

No they're right, GA isn't sold out. Take a look: 

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/american-express-presents-bst-hyde-park-guns-n-roses-london-30-06-2023/event/37005D7E7B820D46

it is those people they are touring for on this endless tour.

why bother with line up, setlist, less covers when Estranged or Whichita Lineman or anything else is just fine.  it is those people that make 90% of the concert goers 2016 - 2023.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mystery said:

When I was at the Auckland show, while GNR were playing "Better", I remember overhearing some guy saying to his friend "now they're playing some fuckin' random song"

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, mystery said:

I tend to think they're received quite well because they're quite impressive musically and visually when performed live. I remember back in the day The Blues/Street of Dreams used to be the bathroom break song.

42 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I dont recall ever hearing Estranged on FM rock stations.

The problem with Estranged is it's a nearly 10 minute long song. Even the single is just the whole song without cutting it down. That song just came out at an odd time not only with grunge and gangsta rap being popular but also overlapping The Spaghetti Incident which had it's own videos and singles.