FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

We love Axl Rose

10 hours ago, Dacroix said:

Anyway... I'm strongly wishing that if Argentina falls against Croatia, the bitter serbs will have to watch croatians win the World Cup.

This generalization is completely wrong.  I am Serbian and I've been supporting Croatia through all their matches and I know a lot of people from my surrounding also have been doing the same. Actually, I hope that Croatia will win WC after first defeating Argentina in semi-finals ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No hard feelings. I love football and I love my country, so reading that the ONLY BAD of the picture were argentinians is unfair, and you can see that if you watch all the videos that's floating around that the official transmission didn't show.

No hard feeling with Serbia at all. In fact, I'm a 16% Serbian according to my Ancestry DNA 😂.

I was messing with you guys. Thought the feud between Serbians and Croatians was higher.

I love Croatia since Davor Suker times but...well...i want Croatia out now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moreblack said:

I wouldn't have any problems with this scenario 🤣...

Also, I conidered Aegentina as favorites before Brasil,Portugal, England, Spain exit. They play compact and hard in the back and have Messi... Also, they use numbers of provocations and little mind games, and we (Croatians) are short fused sometimes (not as Serbs against Switzerland I hope)...

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

I wouldn't have any problems with this scenario 🤣...

Also, I conidered Aegentina as favorites before Brasil,Portugal, England, Spain exit. They play compact and hard in the back and have Messi... Also, they use numbers of provocations and little mind games, and we (Croatians) are short fused sometimes (not as Serbs against Switzerland I hope)...

You also beat them 3-0 at the last world cup

Now that you mention, Balkan community is strong here too, there are no divisions.

Maybe you guys don't know but Argentina is a country built up by laborous european inmigrants that came between the middle XIX century and the beggining of XX century (in fact, of my eight great grand parents, six were italian and two were french) and croatian community is the third in number of  descendants after Italy and Spain. But we ve always used "croatian descendant" to ALL balkans descendants. When I was a kid, in my block lived Buljubasich family and front of them Pavlovic family. They were all "croatians descendant" to us but since I'm interested in all inmigration history found out that Buljubasich was croatian and Pavlovic was serb. But never, even in Kosovo war times, there wasn't any friction between them. Is a strong community with differences but with a common origin.

In fact, here's a town called Chovet where almost the total of popution have balkan ancient as you can see in the entrance of the town 😂👇

imagepng.png

and some croatian descendants watch World Cup like this

imagepng.png

This match must be hard for them...😂

Edited by Dacroix
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

I agree it wasnt Argentians fault. Game was high heated and Dutch were nervous and also butchered argentinians. At the end penalty kicks decided a winners.

Regarding Balkan relations, well I can only say, we hate everyone, person next door, another street, city, but when stranger say something wrong about Balkans than you will have problem with all of us. :)

You see when you livin in U.S. or Germany for example than you will have Balkan communities. 

Yes politics messed up a lot and I am glad that we are independent but my doors are always open and this is how I look at people.

We cant change our past but we can build bridges for future.

Also I think younger generation are not politically polluted and mingle much more cause they share same love for music, travel, lifestyle etc.

Beautiful words! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dacroix said:

Now that you mention, Balkan community is strong here too, there are no divisions.

Maybe you guys don't know but Argentina is a country built up by laborous european inmigrants that came between the middle XIX century and the beggining of XX century (in fact, of my eight great grand parents, six were italian and two were french) and croatian community is the third in number of  descendants after Italy and Spain. But we ve always used "croatian descendant" to ALL balkans descendants. When I was a kid, in my block lived Buljubasich family and front of them Pavlovic family. They were all "croatians descendant" to us but since I'm interested in all inmigration history found out that Buljubasich was croatian and Pavlovic was serb. But never, even in Kosovo war times, there wasn't any friction between them. Is a strong community with differences but with a common origin.

In fact, here's a town called Chovet where almost the total of popution have balkan ancient as you can see in the entrance of the town 😂👇

imagepng.png

and some croatian descendants watch World Cup like this

imagepng.png

This match must be hard for them...😂

Yes I know we do have lots of families from balkan region in Argentina. But  i didnt know this info. Tnx.

As for the game, we didnt deserve to go into the finals.

23 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I am starting to dislike Messi even more.

But let's be honest, he deserves to win a World Cup. Is his time. If France wins tomorrow, won't be easy at all but I would like to see Messi with the trophy. He deserves it. People here (myself included) were very unfair with him in the past with all the criticism. "He's not a leader like Maradona", "he's good in Barcelona but he sucks in Argentina", etc. etc. we killed him and he deserves this redemption.

Edited by Dacroix

18 minutes ago, Dacroix said:

But let's be honest, he deserves to win a World Cup. Is his time. If France wins tomorrow, won't be easy at all but I would like to see Messi with the trophy. He deserves it. People here (myself included) were very unfair with him in the past with all the criticism. "He's not a leader like Maradona", "he's good in Barcelona but he sucks in Argentina", etc. etc. we killed him and he deserves this redemption.

As I see it France is playing on another level. Against England they played enough to win. Even when England had second penalty I did have feeling that France can score whenever.

I do not like Messi because of his personality. He is not great sportsman. Something about him i dislike dont know. Dont get me wrong he is great on field but be humble in winning or losing. 

Good luck in finals.

I usually root against France (because they beat us in all sports), but final will be 2nd game in a row I would cheer for them if they pass by Morocco. I'm the one of many passionate haters of fake)Ronaldo/Messi era of football and hype around them and their rivarly. The scene was set like all the others players and teams are just bunch of extras for their show. Hope this sport never see "rivarly" as such again...

So, whoever wins today I root for them in final, and whoever loses I root against them 🤣

11 hours ago, Dacroix said:

I am not going to take anything away from his talent, he's one of the best players of all time and even at his age he's better than anyone else. Even if he doesn't play much during most of the match and just walks around. Those few moments when he gets the ball and shows his magic, he delivers and makes the difference.
But the team doesn't deserve to win. (sorry @Ratam)
The fact they got so far in the tournament says something about the overall quality of football this world cup.
Croatia was the better team the first half yesterday. I didn't watch the second half.
I think France has the best team and is most likely to win the trophy, but with how lucky Argentina has been so far, I can even see them winning.

Edited by EvanG

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

I am not going to take anything away from his talent, he's one of the best players of all time and even at his age he's better than anyone else. Even if he doesn't play much during most of the match and just walks around. Those few moments when he gets the ball and shows his magic, he delivers and makes the difference.
But the team doesn't deserve to win. (sorry @Ratam)
The fact they got so far in the tournament says something about the overall quality of football this world cup.
Croatia was the better team the first half yesterday. I didn't watch the second half.
I think France has the best team and is most likely to win the trophy, but with how lucky Argentina has been so far, I can even see them winning.

My emoji reaction was jus a joke, i not be footbal fan, my interest just appear to WC 😆. I hope you don't feel offended about my emoji reaction. I respect all opinions and respect you very much 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

My emoji reaction was jus a joke, i not be footbal fan, my interest just appear to WC 😆. I hope you don't feel offended about my emoji reaction. I respect all opinions and respect you very much 👍

No worries, I didn't take it that way! I was joking too because I know you're Argentinian. All is good!

• Thanks 1