FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

We love Axl Rose

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

The team that won deserves the title, it’s that easy. But don’t come on here saying Argentina had the best team when they clearly didn’t. That being said, this entire World Cup was disappointing football wise.

Don't know, man... We saw a hat trick in the world final. We saw Japan and Morroco beat amazing teams with pure skill. We saw Messi vs Mbappe in the final match! Messi finally has the world cup he deserved for such a long time. I thought this was a pretty good WC despite being in a shithole country.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Don't know, man... We saw a hat trick in the world final. We saw Japan and Morroco beat amazing teams with pure skill. We saw Messi vs Mbappe in the final match! Messi finally has the world cup he deserved for such a long time. I thought this was a pretty good WC despite being in a shithole country.

The emotions and the drama in the final were very entertaining, also during the last minutes of the Netherlands vs Argentina when more or less the same thing happened. And France showed some good football in most of the matches, but overall the quality of football wasn’t great this World Cup. Most of the top teams didn’t deliver. 

Edited by EvanG

To be honest I think the best playing teams this year were Brazil and England. Brazil crumbled under pressure against Croatia after they outplayed them and scored finally (and Croatia had so much balls and was really calm even after going down 1:0) where England outplayed France but didn't convert that to a win as it happens in 1 game knockouts

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 2

I never would have expected those first 70 minutes from argentina, against france.

try to pull that off. 

world title more than deserved

france was the ugliest team of the tournament, in terms of playing. anti football, and sabotaging the game when being on front.

• Haha 2

It seems there's a lot of people here who thinks that is the Merit-and-good-play World Cup.

Well...for you information and in case you don't know, in football wins those who scores.

Argentina was a very fair champion.  In fact neither Australia, Netherlands, Croatia or France was better than us in the one-to-one matches. I don't know why it bothers so much to some people watch Argentina winning the World Cup.

Edited by Dacroix
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dacroix said:

Well, it seems there's a lot of people here who thinks that is the Merit-and-good-play World Cup.

Well...for you information and in case you dont know, in football wins those who kick the ball into the goal.

I don't know why it bothers so much to some people watch Argentina winning the World Cup.

Well, it seems there's a lot of people here who thinks that is the Merit-and-good-play World Cup.

Well...for you information and in case you don't know, in football wins those who scores.

Argentina was a very fair champion.  In fact neither Austrialia, Netherlands, Croatia or France was better than us in the one-to-one matches. I don't know why it bothers so much to some people watch Argentina winning the World Cup.

Calm down already. No one is bothered by it. People are merely pointing out that Argentina wasn’t the best team this World Cup. But at the end, they won fair and square, and therefore deserve the trophy

7 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Calm down already. No one is bothered by it. People are merely pointing out that Argentina wasn’t the best team this World Cup. But at the end, they won fair and square, and therefore deserve the trophy

I must be blind then or know nothign about this sport. Who was the best team??

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

People are merely pointing out that Argentina wasn’t the best team this World Cup. But at the end, they won fair and square, and therefore deserve the trophy

I would argue that whoever raises the trophy at the end of the tournament, is the best team. You can argue that they didn't impress in every match, but they didn't have to and being the best team also means that you do whatever is required to advance, without necessarily going all out. Pacing oneself is part of a world cup. When push came to shove, after the round of 16, they won four consecutive games and in the end the final. That is the best team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cosmo said:

It's impressive. Everything this dude posts, no matter the topic, in any part of these forums, is the dead opposite to what I think and believe in. It's truly amazing :lol:

the joke is on you. seeing how I have a very high IQ, and am almost always right on any subject1, then you being the opposite of all of that can't mean good things

1and if I'm wrong on something, it because I've been lied to, but that happens to the best. They must have lied to einstein too about things

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I would argue that whoever raises the trophy at the end of the tournament, is the best team. You can argue that they didn't impress in every match, but they didn't have to and being the best team also means that you do whatever is required to advance, without necessarily going all out. Pacing oneself is part of a world cup. When push came to shove, after the round of 16, they won four consecutive games and in the end the final. That is the best 

In sport it’s not always the best who wins. I’m not taking anything away from them, they won the penalties (unfortunately) and deserve that trophy. It’s that simple. But I am not going to pretend they were the best team out there because in my opinion, from what I have seen, they were not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think that in most situations the biggest favorites and the best teams end up winning the title very rarely, not only in football but also in other sports. As @SoulMonster said, timing of the form is important in tournaments like this, the fact that someone finishes the group as 1st with all the wins and a goal difference of 10-0 does not mean that in the 1/8 finals they will not be eliminated by some team that barely passed group.

40 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

7 substitutions in the final with no mindblowing impact in the game, 2 penalties, Mbappe hat-trick in the final, easiest path to the final.

The match really should have been 3 - 0, but they took Di Maria too early. He was playing naked in front of millons of people.

Naked, indeed.

• GNFNR 1

46 minutes ago, action said:

the joke is on you. seeing how I have a very high IQ, and am almost always right on any subject1, then you being the opposite of all of that can't mean good things

1and if I'm wrong on something, it because I've been lied to, but that happens to the best. They must have lied to einstein too about things

Great 👍

messi is an inspiration, and I'm not even that much of a football fan

abstraction made of the football, this is a story of beating immense, unsufferable pressure of stepping in the shoes of maradona

mbappe did not have this pressure; he's already won the cup. he didn't need to fill anyone's shoes.1

that's the difference between mbappe and messi, in the final. people overlook this aspect. and then, under all this pressure, beating a team like france with the current best player of the planet (mbappe). messi has litterally moved a mountain. haters gonna hate, but I repeat: an inspiration for generations to come.

1Zidane, pffft, I only remember him for that red card after that headbutt. totally overrated player.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

What's really quite incredible to me is how much the GOATS can literally carry a team. The media loved the build up but they weren't entirely wrong.

Argentina without Messi. The French without Mbappe. Two very different teams.

There's only one GOAT man. Mbappe is a beast no doubt, but cannot sit in the same table as Messi, Maradona, Pele, etc. Even CR7 is a better Mbappe. With those players there's no top, while i think Mbappe  has nothing more to offer. 23 year old Messi would wipe the floor with 23 Mbappe, any time, any place, any tournament.   

2018 France was the best team of that tournament. Kante , Griezmann and Pogba where incredible.

Edited by Russel Nash

if mbappe loses his speed in 5 years time, then I don't know what he'll bring to the table

the brazilian ronaldo had the same problem, his both knees shot, but still winning the 2002 world cup for his team and becoming top scorer.

I wanna see mbappe do the same, with two knees kaput. I dont see it in him. whining and complaining. Mbappe is more neymar, than ronaldo luis nazario de lima