FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

We love Axl Rose

All eyes on group C today: Argentina's gotta win Poland by an equal or bigger margin than Saudi Arabia has to win Mexico. And Mexico's out of the championship, with a historical rivalry against Argentina :lol:

Edited by Cosmo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Argentina have played ok. 

Poland got through some how - they need to change EVERYTHING moving forward 

Feel sorry for Mexico but they were poor.

Tonight was awesome, both games, high drama!

Respect to Saudi

Argentina played really good. Lewandowski was nowhere to be found. He needed to lead his team. He did nothing. Shame on him!

I don't feel sorry for Mexico. But the amount of yellow card  rule is bullshit! If there is a draw because of the amount of goals and points or whatever, then go to overtime and eventually penalty kick. The amount of yellow cards should not decide who is in and who is out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Argentina played really good. Lewandowski was nowhere to be found. He needed to lead his team. He did nothing. Shame on him!

I don't feel sorry for Mexico. But the amount of yellow card  rule is bullshit! If there is a draw because of the amount of goals and points or whatever, then go to overtime and eventually penalty kick. The amount of yellow cards should not decide who is in and who is out.

I thought this was the first game so far Argentina actually showed up to whats expected of them. This Poland is nothing to write home about but it is stronger than the Saudi Arabian and Mexican teams. And they handled it better than those last 2 games, IMO.

9 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Same, they conceded a goal in the 95th minute that kept them from advancing.

Fi1911t-VQAAE4ej.png

No, Mexico was already not advancing with Argentina winning 2-0. They were tied with Poland on several levels of deciding factors - with both matches at 2-0 it would’ve gone to fair play points (i.e. number of yellow and red cards), where Poland had the advantage. Apparently had they been tied on fair play points, the next factor would’ve been FIFA ranking, where Mexico would have advanced. Mexico needed to score a third goal yesterday to advance. 

3 hours ago, Padme said:

To be fair it’s not like yellow cards was the first factor to decide a draw. First is points, then goal differential, then goals scored, then goals conceded, then direct match/H2H (where they drew 0-0), then fair play points. There has to be a deciding factor, and sometimes you’re gonna go further down the line of deciding factors than others. This was a VERY extreme example. I don’t think it’s fair to give a team a lifeline in a penalty shootout (Which essentially amounts to luck) when you’re playing for points in a group stage when not every team is afforded that option. It also just doesn’t work logistically - you’d be having a penalty shootout in a game that wasn’t a draw, where one team would be afforded the opportunity to advance on penalties and the other wouldn’t. 

7 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

No, Mexico was already not advancing with Argentina winning 2-0. They were tied with Poland on several levels of deciding factors - with both matches at 2-0 it would’ve gone to fair play points (i.e. number of yellow and red cards), where Poland had the advantage. Apparently had they been tied on fair play points, the next factor would’ve been FIFA ranking, where Mexico would have advanced. Mexico needed to score a third goal yesterday to advance. 

My bad

25 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I think it's a coin toss if yellows are also the same?

BBC said during the match, that if both were tied on yellow cards then they would draw lots. 

They didn't know though how that would work or if it would be behind closed doors or publicly. Don't think it's ever got that far in modern times.

56 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I think it's a coin toss if yellows are also the same?

28 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

BBC said during the match, that if both were tied on yellow cards then they would draw lots. 

They didn't know though how that would work or if it would be behind closed doors or publicly. Don't think it's ever got that far in modern times.

7. Fair play points in all group matches (only one deduction can be applied to a player in a single match):

Yellow card: −1 point;

Indirect red card (second yellow card): −3 points;

Direct red card: −4 points;

Yellow card and direct red card: −5 points;

8. Drawing of lots.

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

To be fair it’s not like yellow cards was the first factor to decide a draw. First is points, then goal differential, then goals scored, then goals conceded, then direct match/H2H (where they drew 0-0), then fair play points. There has to be a deciding factor, and sometimes you’re gonna go further down the line of deciding factors than others. This was a VERY extreme example. I don’t think it’s fair to give a team a lifeline in a penalty shootout (Which essentially amounts to luck) when you’re playing for points in a group stage when not every team is afforded that option. It also just doesn’t work logistically - you’d be having a penalty shootout in a game that wasn’t a draw, where one team would be afforded the opportunity to advance on penalties and the other wouldn’t. 

I know that the yellow card was not the first factor. The thing is yellow car should not be a factor at all!!!

I understand that only once in a blue moon there is draw in all factors. If that is the case, then go to overtime and/or penalty kicks.

The referees also could make a mistake. And a player could end up getting a yellow card when he didn't deserve it.