06/30/23 - London, GB - Hyde Park

alfierose

54 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

There’s gonna be everything you need in there just like a festival. Prices will be standard for such events. i.e. overpriced compared with the real world 

VERY overpriced if my previous experiences there are anything to buy! 

Eat before and after you go in/out would be my advice. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 8:00 PM, RnRHOFGNR said:

Does anyone have an idea of the situation of food and drink at the park because there's no going and leaving the grounds.  Will there be many options on the food and drink (alcohol) side and what kind of prices i'm gonna be looking at?

Loads. 

Expensive.

On 5/16/2023 at 8:00 PM, RnRHOFGNR said:

Does anyone have an idea of the situation of food and drink at the park because there's no going and leaving the grounds.  Will there be many options on the food and drink (alcohol) side and what kind of prices i'm gonna be looking at?

There's loads of food and drink stalls but it's expensive and typical festival type food van stuff

On 3/31/2023 at 10:00 AM, JimiRose said:

First batch of opening acts are out: Guns N'Roses at BST Hyde Park: The Pretenders, The Darkness and Larking Poe join as special guests, plus more TBA

I thought gnr and the Darkness had a previous misunderstanding which would render them not opening for them anymore? Sweet as. 

Ps, how big are the darkness in the UK these days? 

9 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

They should gift the Scottish fans with the first play of a new track 

Brilliant idea. Hope it happens, would be poetic if it does. 

5 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

I thought gnr and the Darkness had a previous misunderstanding which would render them not opening for them anymore? Sweet as. 

Ps, how big are the darkness in the UK these days? 

The Darkness are still a decent draw in the rock scene. mostly for permission to land nostalgia but their new albums do chart quite high. they drew a big crowd at download, they wouldnt sell out arenas here anymore, but the level below that they tour at. Justin Hawkins always speaks highly of axl and gnr on his youtube show, so think they are alright 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 8:25 PM, JimiRose said:

The Darkness are still a decent draw in the rock scene. mostly for permission to land nostalgia but their new albums do chart quite high. they drew a big crowd at download, they wouldnt sell out arenas here anymore, but the level below that they tour at. Justin Hawkins always speaks highly of axl and gnr on his youtube show, so think they are alright 

That's cool, always loved TD after one way ticket album. Glad they're still getting reasonable crowds. They're definitely a talent to recon with.

Meet JH at one of their meet & greet shows. I was wearing my fav gnr CD shirt and asked him about gnr in an overly excited manor, to which he replied to the effect of, "you know they're just human right" then walked off. Previous to this exchange, he signed a JH photo to me with the caption, "to NZs ONLY Hot Leg fan" lol. 

Edited by jimisbatman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

That's cool, always loved TD after one way ticket album. Glad they're still getting reasonable crowds. They're definitely a talent to recon with.

Meet JH at one of their meet & greet shows. I was wearing my fav gnr CD shirt and asked him about gnr in an overly excited manor, to which he replied to the effect of, "you know they're just human right" then walked off. Previous to this exchange, he signed a JH photo to me with the caption, "to NZs ONLY Hot Leg fan" lol. 

haha nice, does sound like he has a bit of personality at least! I think they will probably have the second biggest crowd after gnr, though i think the pretenders are billed higher

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champy said:

How well has the gig sold there seems to be tickets available in most sections 

It pisses me off that take that sold it out and GNR didn't . I thought general admission was sold out a few months back 

I just checked the app and pressed the link for GA upgrades to VIP and on there it looks like they’re letting GA tickets go for £14.95?!

Hoping we get  something special on Friday after the issues that we had last year at  Tottenham stadium. 

Take my hat off to Axl for still doing those shows last year when he clearly wasn't well at the time. Was sad to see him struggling so badly. 

The band generally enjoy playing London as that was where some real magic happened back in 87.

At least the transport links are better from Hyde Park than other parts of London. 

• Like 4

Not sure there will be a soundcheck, doors open at 2pm, so it'd have to be a very early one if they do. Darkness are on the main stage at 345pm, smaller acts in the tents starting from 230pm. It is possible they could soundcheck this afternoon i guess? no one is playing today. 

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Not sure there will be a soundcheck, doors open at 2pm, so it'd have to be a very early one if they do. Darkness are on the main stage at 345pm, smaller acts in the tents starting from 230pm. It is possible they could soundcheck this afternoon i guess? no one is playing today. 

I think the venue is open for “Open House” today, lot of activities during non-concert days, so I would guess no soundcheck today.

Last year, I walked through Hyde Park recovering after two nights of Pearl Jam, when on the Sunday morning around 11am, Duran Duran was soundchecking for that night. Was actually fun hearing “Wild Boys”.

For what it’s worth, might be a scenario for the GNR soundcheck tomorrow.

Pity I need to miss the show as my wife told me last week that she actually is in the UK this week for work, so I needed to stay home in the Netherlands for the family and sold my ticket. As good trade-off I will now be enjoying GNR in Rome (always wanted tondo a gig in an ancient setting) next week when it will be a comfortable 35 degrees haha.

• Like 3