The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

I know we have been through this many times but there’s too much smoke

Perhaps soundcheck

The General and Perhaps on the setlist

This studio pic

Absurd and Hard Skool were released 

Slash said they finished and were putting out more GNR songs

They are coming and this pic is probably related. I think it’s okay to be optimistic, now

I agree...and it could all end in nothing because we know what AXL is like.....but our assumptions are not illogical, that's for sure...for any normal entity this would add up to this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Doesn't this seem like the most reasonable explanation: Dave Natale did the mixing at Tons of Rock, the day after he met up with Axl and Slash to listen to mixes from the show and discuss changes before Glastonbury?

This. I feel like this should be pinned at the top of each page before ten pages of "the new singles must be imminent" talk appears. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Exactly. Baring in mind they can't soundcheck at Glastonbury either. 

Apparently they haven't been able to soundcheck the last 3 or so shows....do you think they did this for those ones too?

Albeit, Glastonbury is probably (definately) a bigger deal historically, so perhaps but I still don't think Axl (or at least old Axl) would bother...is he Mr prepared now?

Just now, colonizedmind said:

Apparently they haven't been able to soundcheck the last 3 or so shows....do you think they did this for those ones too?

Albeit, Glastonbury is probably (definately) a bigger deal historically, so perhaps but I still don't think Axl (or at least old Axl) would bother...is he Mr prepared now?

This is a big show though, if they're aware what a big deal it is over here in the UK then maybe they're being extra prepared. Televised and media coverage extends to our main news too. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

IIRC, the band regularly listens to their live performances afterwards. If they were to take Glastonbury seriously, there's every reason to get in the studio and listen to the Oslo live mix properly to prepare for Glasto.

Really? Where was that said? 

1 minute ago, rumandraisin said:

This is a big show though, if they're aware what a big deal it is over here in the UK then maybe they're being extra prepared. Televised and media coverage extends to our main news too. 

For sure. It's a fair point. Arguments for both outcomes are fair, I'd say. Also, we've been burned consistently soo many times, I understand any caution too. Yes, the 24hr news has been rolling about Glastonbury today....lots of mentions of GNR....I'd imagine a lot of folk will be on twitter over the next 48hra going, "Guns N Roses thought they had retired long ago?!?" Oblivious casuals that is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Here's the original post on Facebook from the studio: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=736653418461597&set=a.509438107849797

I don't know. I can't imagine they would use a studio to hear a live mix. Is it the right environment?

Reads to me like it's a song or songs.

3 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Here's the original post on Facebook from the studio: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=736653418461597&set=a.509438107849797

I don't know. I can't imagine they would use a studio to hear a live mix. Is it the right environment?

Reads to me like it's a song or songs.

Axl: Oh I didn't realise I sound like THAT on "Better"....I can't imagine him enjoying sitting down to a live show mix! The first half hour would be fine though....

In my opinion, I honestly think the timing of this is not coincidental and If we think about that, it answers a lot more than we may think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Sorry to disappoint 😅

All good!:hug:

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Well at least one thing we can agree on...it's good to see Axl with Slash doing something productive for the benefit of new music or to make the show on Saturday sound as great as it can. Nice to see them hanging out away from the stage in any form...

Yeah that's true. It is nice to see them together . A good photo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I don't see any reason to listen to a mix of a live gig in that environment really. What would be the benefit to them? What would they be hoping to gain? 

Maybe to hear which songs sound stronger vocally and which songs sound “not so great”.. if they’re having a full live broadcast maybe he wants his weak songs to be avoided. 
I’m hoping I’m correct with that but who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by D4NNY
  • Like 2