The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

yeah, but Bucket's work was already on a Gn'R album, so at least for me it's more logical that a low number of insignificant and small Bucket parts makes it to some of the tracks but not Brian May who was never a part of Gn'R or was featured in Gn'R's officially released music. (you never know though)

Totally agree....but you never know with this band! Gives us plenty to debate, the unpredictability...

42 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

So is the solo in The Village demo of Riad Brian May?

Isn't that Robin? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gigigil said:

Mayhue said, noting that the North American leg of the tour wraps up in mid-October. "And I know that the band's gonna start working on new music, they've got a bunch of stuff recorded already. So there will be new Guns N' Roses music very soon. In fact, I think they're trying to get a single out any day now, so you may hear something very, very soon."

Yea yea, we've heard it all before BUT, Slash did say in passing about, we need to finish up this touring in the summer and then we can go cut a record (were his hopes) so that does concur with Mayhue....and even if he gets a number or two wrong, he's been around since 1988, he knows the recording history of the band and will be aware of the shallow output and probably to an extent, what fans feel about this....there's no reason for him to say what he said, pull that out of his ass, which just happens to coincide with all the other little signs we've seen in the last month or two...I now actually wouldn't be surprised if we get that single in the coming weeks and down the line that a hybrid album of sorts with older unreleased tracks, perhaps coupled with a few new ones, a cover and maybe a Duff track...I know the doubters will be like, no way but something IS going down....hopefully plans DON'T change for once...I'm gonna try and be positive and for sure patient!
Read More:ps://loudwire.com/guns-n-roses-stage-tech-confirms-band-new-single-coming-working-new-album/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Stro said:

There aren't even jazz chords on Riad. There's the riff, some barre chords, and a couple of octave chords which are just power chords with the middle string muted. 

That’s wrong. The chorus has this weird C#m7M and A#m7M chords (I had to look up, I just know how to play it) 

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Totally agree....but you never know with this band! Gives us plenty to debate, the unpredictability...

Isn't that Robin? 

It is Robin for the first half and Bucket in the second.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

That’s wrong. The chorus has this weird C#m7M and A#m7M chords (I had to look up, I just know how to play it) 

They used Riad as one of the songs new potential guitarists should play at auditions. Richard probably got an early version of the song to listen to before he auditioned - by the time Bumble auditioned the band was afraid of new leaks so he got to listen to the song at the audition and then had to jam on it. Anyway, would an accomplished guitarist like Richard pick up on such weird chords when listening to the song, like figuring them out perfectly, or do you have think he would just play something that sounded similar? 

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

They used Riad as one of the songs new potential guitarists should play at auditions. Richard probably got an early version of the song to listen to before he auditioned - by the time Bumble auditioned the band was afraid of new leaks so he got to listen to the song at the audition and then had to jam on it. Anyway, would an accomplished guitarist like Richard pick up on such weird chords when listening to the song, like figuring them out perfectly, or do you have think he would just play something that sounded similar? 

Probably would figure it out in this case, especially considering that the original arrangement had more emphasis on those chords along with Robin's lead. 

Having said that, Better also has some weird chords and Bumble kinda ignored it when he played it live. Probably by choice, as it seems he didn't want to conflict with Robin and Richard's guitars in the mix. And then Ashba came and he played a simplified version of those chords. Thankfully, Slash plays the proper chords now.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the Riad solo from the Village CDs is Buckethead, it's the same as the 2008 leak, except the 2008 and album version have additional Bucket guitar after the solo in that song. I really think Bumblefoot butchered Riad with his solo on that song. Bucket is on some of the RM1 CD.

13 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'm pretty sure the Riad solo from the Village CDs is Buckethead, it's the same as the 2008 leak, except the 2008 and album version have additional Bucket guitar after the solo in that song. I really think Bumblefoot butchered Riad with his solo on that song. Bucket is on some of the RM1 CD.

The first half of the main solo is Robin. They even did that way live in 2001/02. You're correct about the outro being all Bucket.

4 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

Anyone here remembering Fermanager stating on reddit, that a new album would surface within the next 6 months? 😅 And... Due to respect for the covid victims, the album release would be delayed? 🤦‍♂️

If I had to guess, in his mind, Hard Skool EP = Album.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Zero interest in anything AI related. 
Also, Axl original vocals in IRS are one of the best thing he has ever recorded.

Live in 2010 it was immense that scream too. I've missed it in the set but I can understand it would be very difficult for Axl currently, even though I'd like to hear Slash's take on the solo .....the guitar work is sublime on that song, almost Spanish like at points.... spaghetti western....

Yeah I never liked riad that much. But it’s has grown on me especially since the locker leaks. Also, the reminder of IRS really makes me miss that song live. I wish they would bring it back. At minimum that song has to hold a special meaning to a lot of people due to the Trunk radio recording. Definitely hope they bring it back next time around

• Like 4