The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 minute ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

There was a time when Fernando and even Beta would speak with the "hardcore" fans albeit rarely, on the forum and without much substance. I think back then there was a real pressure to get Chinese finally out...sorta. Even so, we were acknowledged. Why can't they weigh in on new music now?

The arrangement is that the band is supposed to make any announcements and communications, not Team Brazil. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The arrangement is that the band is supposed to make any announcements and communications, not Team Brazil. 

The band kind of did..in the Duff interview. Slash said something or other. Then the sound engineer guy..is he the band? Maybe. Who knows. It's shitty and although we don't expect any better by now, it doesn't excuse it.

1 minute ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

The band kind of did..in the Duff interview. Slash said something or other. Then the sound engineer guy..is he the band? Maybe. Who knows. It's shitty and although we don't expect any better by now, it doesn't excuse it.

The Duff interview wasn't taken down by request of the band. 

Tom Mayhue is definitely not part of the band. 

I wouldn't say it is shitty, but it is definitely not good for us fans that the band (=Axl) prefers to not speak about what is going on. 

38 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The Duff interview wasn't taken down by request of the band. 

Tom Mayhue is definitely not part of the band. 

I wouldn't say it is shitty, but it is definitely not good for us fans that the band (=Axl) prefers to not speak about what is going on. 

It's not that they prefer to not speak about what's going on, but they don't because there is nothing going on to speak about. 

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

Listening to the 99 version not on YouTube, actually from the album and it's not as demo like as I thought. The drums are mixed a little bit weird with barely any snare but the rest sounds really cool. His vocals are compressed to fuck though. 

The version that plays in the credits of the End Of Days movie sounds a little cleaner, though it may just be because of my TV. That version has a shortened guitar solo, which is a bummer.

8 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

In fact back in 2019 when the tracks started to leak, the title track especially, I just remember a post saying "wow, Tommy really got fucked over". Yup. 

I can barely hear Tommy on the 2008 album. I can hear the bass on If The World. I guess since that was was Pitman's bass he wanted it higher in the mix. I think if they cranked up Tommy's bass a bit, and kept al of Bucket's leads, the 2008 album would have been a notch better. 

Anyone have a link to the soundcheck video of what we thought might be Oklahoma or the general.  It’s not the quiet keyboard sounding one meegan took.  It is another one that had guitar leads.  I’m not finding it. 

Anyone have a link to the soundcheck video of what we thought might be Oklahoma or the general.  It’s not the quiet keyboard sounding one meegan took.  It is another one that had guitar leads.  I’m not finding it. 

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

I guess as it was never REALLY released (finished) hence why Axl had hired guns tinkering with it long after release, all the way up to Bumble....so I guess the captain didn't considering OMG "done" with, even if we do? 

I dig the idea of OMG getting a proper release. Just afraid of Axl performing it live and not doing the song any justice. It’s one of my favorites nugnr rockers.

5 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Who remembers Merk?

Mercuriadis wrote. "Unfortunately the muse disappeared just as fast as she came and the tour started with no single at radio to support it and the album still needing two or three days of work

I still have the picture with his head on a dick somewhere on my pc

• Haha 1

Maybe they’ll revamp the band again after this tour and after Slice’s tour next year. Maybe you’ll see Franklin, Melissa, and Richard go by the wayside.  Slice, FfuD, queasy, and axl grease add new players or something. 

10 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Maybe they’ll revamp the band again after this tour and after Slice’s tour next year. Maybe you’ll see Franklin, Melissa, and Richard go by the wayside.  Slice, FfuD, queasy, and axl grease add new players or something. 

What's with your nicknames? Are you the orange one in disguise? 😲

• Haha 1

Just now, bmus1 said:

Apparently 11/23/23 is the date in which the gap between TSI and CD will be smaller than the gap between CD and CD2. Let the countdown begin!

I did a post on this the other day...surely we do the 2025 date as that takes us to the last original material which is what really matters, no? So 17 years...

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

At least Riad was played in 2002. IMO, it's one of the most difficult songs for Axl to sing, even though back then he could actually hit those high notes live. I can only imagine how good could be TWAT in 2002, with Axl capable of singing it just fine and Bucket playing the shit out of it (albeit he would probably improvise a lot on it).

Still, OMG was already released back then, but wasn't even considered to be in the alt setlist, as far as I remember. It's also hard to sing, but for a different reason (hard to breath between the lyrics). But yeah, the band had this approach to try to prove itself by playing almost every song of AFD, with very little UYI tracks and those three CD songs (sometimes they even dropped one of them in European festivals, like Leeds).

They would probably play OMG and Silkworms in 2011 had the band moved forward with the plan of release the remix album with the extra tracks such as those two with Bucket and Bumble and Going Down. As we know, it all went downhill after RIR '11. 

Before that, I don't know. Seemed like Silkworms was dropped by Axl as early as 2002, and in 2006 they already had TWAT, Better and IRS to incorporate on the setlist. OMG may had to be dropped because it wouldn't be in the album anyways, and the album was about to be finished and released in that year (of course, we know that didn't happen).

Looking back with what we know about 2011 and how many lawsuits Axl had going on it's now obvious new music was the last thing on his mind. Doing that tour as a compromise for the Irvin Azoff payoff, not making a profit etc. And to think we were all on the forum thinking a new album was about to drop mid tour, I still remember the threads!

• Like 1

Just now, Shacklermyrye said:

Here is a still from one of the video's, maybe she is sending us a message

htu.jpg

It is weird how often she features in the band's content. And other family members - they mean nothing to anybody outside a handful of fans. Just strange. Could argue that for the WAGs too.

• Like 2