The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

On 8/22/2023 at 1:30 PM, Blackstar said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the song has gone back to being "Oklahoma" because Axl never got to finish it as "Berlin".

I heard it was changed to "Berlin" because "Oklahoma" was Brain and Melissa's safe word, which caused some confusion in the studio. 

Berlin could be the city they were in when a new section was born or a song was reworked.

Metallica does this once in a while with their demos. Spit Out The Bone was once “Chi” for Chicago, The Day That Never Comes was “Casper” for the city in Wyoming, etc.

10 hours ago, deathrevan said:

full lyrics or just a few lines?

From what I remember seeing it was on a Me And My Elvis post on YT with the guy saying this one is called In This Grave changed from Soul Monster with the name change happening supposedly in 2010. He claimed that Axl laid down the vocals on Christmas of 2002

Some of the lyrics he claimed were:

And they say the stars don't look the same.    In this grave I have my soul to claim (or something to that effect im paraphrasing since I can't refer to post.)

Soul Monster is one I have been especially looking forward to for a very long time I love the instrumental and so does my wife and daughter. Ive been trying to learn this on guitar despite there being no tabs for it so it's a little difficult for me haha

Edited by Carnal894x
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Carnal894x said:

Soul Monster is one I have been especially looking forward to for a very long time I love the instrumental and so does my wife and daughter. Ive been trying to learn this on guitar despite there being no tabs for it so it's a little difficult for me haha

I can help you with that.

• GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Carnal894x said:

From what I remember seeing it was on a Me And My Elvis post on YT with the guy saying this one is called In This Grave changed from Soul Monster with the name change happening supposedly in 2010. He claimed that Axl laid down the vocals on Christmas of 2002

Some of the lyrics he claimed were:

And they say the stars don't look the same.    In this grave I have my soul to claim (or something to that effect im paraphrasing since I can't refer to post.)

These posts from 2010 are the source (the poster claimed to be the same person who had posted the lyrics to Sorry at HTGTH before its release - the claim was never confirmed):

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/170493-2011-gnr-rumors/page/2/#comment-2786815

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/172057-guns-n-roses-guitarist-bumblefoot-says-hes-been-impatiently-waiting-for-us-tour/page/3/#comment-2816064

Apparently the youtube poster, probably one of the tracklist trolls, made up the rest (that the lines are from Soul Monster and that the title has changed to "In this grave" - neither of that was mentioned in the original source.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

These posts from 2010 are the source (the poster claimed to be the same person who had posted the lyrics to Sorry at HTGTH before its release - the claim was never confirmed):

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/172057-guns-n-roses-guitarist-bumblefoot-says-hes-been-impatiently-waiting-for-us-tour/page/3/#comment-2816064

Apparently the youtube poster, probably one of the tracklist trolls, made up the rest (that the lines are from Soul Monster and that the title has changed to "In this grave" - neither of that was mentioned in the original source.

All of the stuff in that last post you linked to was easy to come up with though. Anyone could make up that sort of stuff. Like this: 

4tus isn't happy that he hasn't been credited on the recent one off singles and has presented his own songs to Axl who wasn't interested in them. 

Still, those kind of things are juicy to read!

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Much thanks for clarifying this. 

• Like 1

Just now, rumandraisin said:

All of the stuff in that last post you linked to was easy to come up with though. Anyone could make up that sort of stuff. Like this: 

4tus isn't happy that he hasn't been credited on the recent one off singles and has presented his own songs to Axl who wasn't interested in them. 

Yes, I agree.

2 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Oops, I meant the first link not the second. 

I feel the leaks and snippets of information throughout have been classic con tricks really - say stuff that seems believable as fact and use snippets of information to make it seem reliable. Now, it could be that some of the leaked info from 2010 onwards is true, I guess we'll never know. I mean there was the whole hacked Twitter thing in 2010 when it seemed Axl had cancelled the entire tour. 

Edited by Seb91

1 minute ago, Wabby said:

Someone told me some lyrics for Zodiac once, i asked some people about them and one person claimed they were real, Rick told me they were fake, hopefully one day i will know the truth lol

Rick claims to have that song with vocals. I don't believe him, because if he did, he would have leaked it by now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • PERHAPS 1

19 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Rick claims to have that song with vocals. I don't believe him, because if he did, he would have leaked it by now. 

Do you think he has anything  or do you if had anything else he would have leaked it by now?

24 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Maybe not. Although that dude obviously loves attention, maybe he just doesn’t want any legal action taken against him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I can help you with that.

That would be greatly appreciated! 

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I hope it does have vocals but I also have my doubts that it even exists with vocals

• Like 1