The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

Come on GNR, release something! Even friggin Staind has a new album... I never thought that would ever happen again but it did. And it even has some good songs too.

If you don't love me, can't say I blame you
I've known me better and I think I hate me, too

Classic Staind...

Edited by Lethalis

On 9/27/2023 at 9:23 PM, Arnuld said:

The only thing that makes me think more could potentially be coming is Axl and Slash visiting that studio in June to listen to “mixes”. Now that could have been just Perhaps and the General. But it seemed like the studio technicians implied it was more. 

My hope is Slash has worked on more songs from CD II. He called them "epic". Perhaps is nice, but epic? Not really.

Bring on The General, Seven, Soulmonster etc!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

We're not getting Seven, Atlas and General. Maybe a reworked OMG. 

I mean, I'm not even saying we're getting more songs soon, but why would you think a reworked OMG is more likely than any of those? If anything, Atlas is more likely than OMG because of the pattern of releasing Village Session songs.

I assume you meant Soul Monster instead of The General, because we're absolutely getting The General. But the funny thing is if you said three months ago that a reworked OMG was much more likely to be released than The General, most people here would probably agree.

Not saying a reworked OMG couldn't be the next song released. It absolutely could be. But the point is we can't be sure either way.

Edited by CaioAKR
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CaioAKR said:

I mean, I'm not even saying we're getting more songs soon, but why would you think a reworked OMG is more likely than any of those? If anything, Atlas is more likely than OMG because of the pattern of releasing Village Session songs.

I assume you meant Soul Monster instead of The General, because we're absolutely getting The General. But the funny thing is if you said three months ago that a reworked OMG was much more likely to be released than The General, most people here would probably agree.

Not saying a reworked OMG couldn't be the next song released. It absolutely could be. But the point is we can't be sure either way.

Omg was on an alt setlist around 2018. If it was real, it would suggest it's a song they've worked on. 

17 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

We're not getting Seven, Atlas and General. Maybe a reworked OMG. 

This should have said we're getting, not not getting! 

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

Omg was on an alt setlist around 2018. If it was real, it would suggest it's a song they've worked on. 

Whose saying its rerecorded though. Plenty of CD era songs have been played live by this line up and are not re-recorded.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Like they've worked on Madagascar, Prostitute, There Was A Time....need I go on? You mean worked on as in rehearsed? Otherwise, no indication that it's been worked on studio wise...

Edited by colonizedmind

6 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Well, then this changes everything. Argument dropped. lol What makes you hopeful for Seven, though? It's one of my most wanted songs, but I feel it's been a long time since we've heard anything about it.

On 9/27/2023 at 7:00 PM, Sweersa said:

Of course this happens right after I leave Vegas 😂 

It is still odd they are holding off on additional physical releases for the Perhaps and The General outside of vinyl… something is a brewing. 

I wouldn't have thought that holding off on other physical releases would have anything to do with something brewing as they could easily do both (i.e. flog a CD single of these two songs, then put both tracks on a future longer release and make money from people buying the same tracks twice).

It's weird that HS/Absurd got CD/cassette releases and this hasn't, but it's most likely to be pressing plant/delivery times/profit margin related than anything else I'd think. 

• PERHAPS 1

55 minutes ago, vloors said:

I remember when GNR were supposed to be the next rolling stones. Now we await 20+ year old Axl vocals and CD scraps. Sad thought.

They could have easily been! Especially if the old band managed to crank out an additional album between 94-96 and then the CD era did a trilogy of albums, then the NITL releasing one by 2020, all should have been doable. 

7 hours ago, vloors said:

I remember when GNR were supposed to be the next rolling stones. Now we await 20+ year old Axl vocals and CD scraps. Sad thought.

I mean, I always hear this, but the thing is: they kinda are the next Rolling Stones, anyway. They're most likely a top 10 all time rock band in recognizability. Top 20 at the very least. It's not like putting 2 more albums in the 90s would make them any more relevant. Ask Metallica. Of course, I would rather have more GN'R music to listen to, but I can't agree with this notion that the band's legacy got tarnished by a lack of releases.

Edited by CaioAKR
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yes, it did. Slash wasn’t in the band for 20 years and Axl made a mess of the name and himself in his absence. They still have accomplished a lot in totality, but nothing close to what they could have with the 20+ mostly wasted years. 

I really don't think it would do much in terms of legacy. GN'R were the last rockstars. The world was changing quickly and they wouldn't stay on top for much longer anyway. GN'R is already the biggest band of its generation. No need to fantasize what could have been. One could even argue that if the band didn't implode sooner or later, it wouldn't be GN'R to begin with.

Edited by CaioAKR
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

I really don't think it would do much in terms of legacy. GN'R were the last rockstars. The world was changing quickly and they wouldn't stay on top for much longer anyway. GN'R is already the biggest band of its generation. No need to fantasize what could have been. One could even argue that if the band didn't implode sooner or later, it wouldn't be GN'R to begin with.

A huge part of their legacy is what could’ve/should’ve been. That’s not nearly as satisfying as more quality releases/songs during their prime years. It is what it is at this point but it could’ve been a lot better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

A huge part of their legacy is what could’ve/should’ve been. That’s not nearly as satisfying as more quality releases/songs during their prime years. It is what it is at this point but it could’ve been a lot better. 

A fair point, but I just think people romanticize too much what could've been. Hard rock was already falling in popularity pretty fast, so I don't think they would have another smash hit had they released more albums in that period. Grunge was dominating and new metal was taking over and we know Slash wouldn't want to mess with that (and Axl wouldn't want to do another Appetite, for that matter). 

The Stones are bigger also because they were popular much earlier, being pioneers and influencing, like, all rock bands in a time where rock was fresh. There's no way any band could replicate that in the 90s. There were a lot more things to listen to and everything moved much faster than in the 60s.

When The Stones started their career, it was them, The Beatles and The Beach Boys (and The Beatles and The Beach Boys were much closer to each other in style than they were to The Stones). It was a completely different time, really. 

I geniunely think GN'R was as close to The Stones as they possibly could be. It's actually crazy to think they managed to be roughly as popular (arguably more) as Led Zeppelin.

Sucks we didn't get that many albums, but I'm pretty happy with the band that actually was/is. And bring on The General!

• Haha 1