The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

9 hours ago, betterman said:

Now one of the users from HTGTH claims that Dragon is the new title of..... Quick Song! I hope he is correct because i guess then it has been completed with lyrics and hopefully one of the songs Slash has played on. 

He made the claim because his friend "figured it all out".

I'd need a slightly better source.

10 hours ago, betterman said:

Anybody remember the "Dragon" title from one of the Geffen papers some while back? 

Now one of the users from HTGTH claims that Dragon is the new title of..... Quick Song! I hope he is correct because i guess then it has been completed with lyrics and hopefully one of the songs Slash has played on. 

Both Dragon and also Quicksong were on those papers. As two separate songs so i would be wary of that.

17 hours ago, betterman said:

Anybody remember the "Dragon" title from one of the Geffen papers some while back? 

I’m a bit out of the loop on this… can you explain what these “Geffen papers” are?

• Wow 1

When CD's were sold out of Zutatut's locker there was allegedly paperwork in there too.

A photo on one appeared online but it is certainly not confirmed to be real by any stretch. If it is fake however then whoever made it did some research. Engel & Engel written in the top left corner there was a high powered legal firm of the time specifically for the music business. Don Engel the head Lawyer who passed away a few years back helped get Don Henley out of his contract. Anyway the point i was trying to make about Quicksong being Dragon seems unlikely if this is real, but hey we thought Monsters was The General so who knows?

If this paperwork is legit and stems from Zoot's time there then it shows Scraped was around at the time as well as "All I Ever Wanted"

Who knows if that is an original song or a cover version, If it's a cover my guess would be the Depeche Mode song. 

70180868-536820313729261-360252449092114

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

1 hour ago, Rindmelon said:

When CD's were sold out of Zutatut's locker there was allegedly paperwork in there too.

A photo on one appeared online but it is certainly not confirmed to be real by any stretch. If it is fake however then whoever made it did some research. Engel & Engel written in the top left corner there was a high powered legal firm of the time specifically for the music business. Don Engel the head Lawyer who passed away a few years back helped get Don Henley out of his contract. Anyway the point i was trying to make about Quicksong being Dragon seems unlikely if this is real, but hey we thought Monsters was The General so who knows?

If this paperwork is legit and stems from Zoot's time there then it shows Scraped was around at the time as well as "All I Ever Wanted"

Who knows if that is an original song or a cover version, If it's a cover my guess would be the Depeche Mode song. 

Never seen this. The GN'R Cluedo game is better than the musical payoff almost. 😱

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gaanzer said:

Never seen this. The GN'R Cluedo game is better than the musical payoff almost. 😱

lol. Wait until you hear the rumours about there being more disc's in that locker that have not leaked yet. Although according to The Chairman this is not true. 

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, Rindmelon said:

lol. Wait until you hear the rumours about there being more disc's in that locker that have not leaked yet. Although according to The Chairman this is not true. 

Yet, if I recall correctly, the chairman's loot was second hand and stuff could have been held back, ... theoretically. 😆

16 minutes ago, Gaanzer said:

Yet, if I recall correctly, the chairman's loot was second hand and stuff could have been held back, ... theoretically. 😆

It was, however he is of the opinion that claims of other stuff may have been to jack the price up i believe. Anyway if there were other discs I believe we would have them as the person who would have got them first hand is way to much of a glory hound to keep them secret. & that's not even really a diss to him just an observation. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have mentioned it to Rolling Stone for starters.

I'm not saying there aren't other discs, the serial numbers on the village discs kind of suggests there is but that doesn't mean they were in those lockers.

More likely they are sat on the shelves' of former members or engineers. I mean there were reports in 2008 if i remember right of discs being shipped around to industry people for there opinions on what would make a good single for example. Seems logical such discs could of had Atlas on or different mixes of CD songs. Who really knows how many there are? I don't think anyone does for sure.

Edited by Rindmelon
double post
  • Like 1

Does anyone really think guitar parts from Bucket or Robin will actually appear on new music? I mean, Axl wiped TSI of Izzy’s parts and Izzy was FAR more important to the overall scheme of things in GNR land than those guys ever were, and also a much more recent departure at the time. 

Slash and Richard will no doubt be the only guitarists on any of the upcoming material, CD era or not. 

I think Monsters pretty much proved that Slash can do the CD stuff justice, and although not universally agreed upon, all the releases from 2021-on absolutely worked with Slash. I think there have been two many assumptions about Slash’s ability to play stuff outside of his traditional wheelhouse. It seems he can handle it pretty well, and in the case of Monsters, very well. 

Also purely subjective, but Slash immediately made everything sound more GNR to my ears. 

• Like 3

On 11/3/2023 at 1:19 PM, ZODIAC said:

This. Thinking about Thyme, Se7en, Cuban Skies, Tonto, Zociac and others.... 

Speaking of Zodiac just going through the village instrumentals and the one we've got says without vocals.... suggests to me theres one with too so that one may be more complete than we think

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alfa75 said:

Does anyone really think guitar parts from Bucket or Robin will actually appear on new music? I mean, Axl wiped TSI of Izzy’s parts and Izzy was FAR more important to the overall scheme of things in GNR land than those guys ever were, and also a much more recent departure at the time. 

Slash and Richard will no doubt be the only guitarists on any of the upcoming material, CD era or not. 

I think Monsters pretty much proved that Slash can do the CD stuff justice, and although not universally agreed upon, all the releases from 2021-on absolutely worked with Slash. I think there have been two many assumptions about Slash’s ability to play stuff outside of his traditional wheelhouse. It seems he can handle it pretty well, and in the case of Monsters, very well. 

Also purely subjective, but Slash immediately made everything sound more GNR to my ears. 

Even if there are Buckethead or Finck parts that are good enough to remain on the song, I think they'd be replaced by Slash anyway because Slash and Duff working on Axl's demos is their game plan for the current band producing new music. 

18 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

I always wondered what was on “exhibit A” that wasn’t ever shown

15 hours ago, alfa75 said:

Yeah I mean I DESPISED Silk Worms and swore anyone who claimed they felt differently was just trolling lol. Absurd with Slash? I dig it a lot. And I was the “Anti-Slash” type during the New GNR years. 

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

On 11/4/2023 at 7:44 AM, Rindmelon said:

The thing about this is that Riad is not spelled "Rhiad", as it was on setlists and the Village CDs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudolf1978 said:

Im a bit lost with the old new song titles. But a few months ago in youtube was a song i dont know if it was atlas or state of grace and i like it a lot. I dont know why is left behind it has some cool melodies. It would be the best of the new songs

Both songs are great, but the best for me is State Of Grace.

• Like 2

Has anyone managed to ask anyone at all from the band yet if Monsters is soul monster? I know everyone has just assumed it 100% is without any corroboration because it is called monsters and has the word soul in it, but there was also monstrosity on those title leaks separate to soul monster. I find it unlikely that this is another song with the word monster in the title, but it doesnt guarantee it is soul monster. Would be good to get something official. fernando or eta on reddit or insta might chat. or fortus insta

On 11/5/2023 at 5:54 PM, Blackstar said:

We haven't assumed it just because of that, but mostly because it has orchestral work from Marco Beltrami, and Beltrami himself heard the leak and recognized the work he did for one of the four non-CD songs in 2002 (although he didn't remember the title it had then). We already knew from a Beltrami interview at the time that one of the four songs was "Leave Me Alone" which, according to Axl, later became Soul Monster (and fits Axl's description of the song, too).

This is corroboration. It would be good to get official confirmation from the band, of course, but it's really pretty obvious. And certainly way more obvious than the (wrong, as turned out to be) assumption that Me and My Elvis was Soul Monster.

Seems pretty obvious indeed. But what about monstrosity? Do we know anything about this song? Was it Ashba who mentioned it first? I'm somehow connecting this song with him... 🤔

12 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Seems pretty obvious indeed. But what about monstrosity? Do we know anything about this song? Was it Ashba who mentioned it first? I'm somehow connecting this song with him... 🤔

Monstrosity (sometimes spelt Monstrocity) was never 100% confirmed to be a GNR song. As far as I remember, it was first mentioned by MSL in his flash drive list. Later on many ""insiders"" tried to spread the rumour that it was an Ashba song. While the title might be true (we heard for the first time about Tonto and Going Down in that MSL list, after all), I highly doubt it's really an Ashba composition, as it seems he never did any actual studio work with GNR (unless we consider that version of Better that leaked as "Ashba remix", which I really like btw, except for the solo).

47 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Monstrosity (sometimes spelt Monstrocity) was never 100% confirmed to be a GNR song. As far as I remember, it was first mentioned by MSL in his flash drive list. Later on many ""insiders"" tried to spread the rumour that it was an Ashba song. While the title might be true (we heard for the first time about Tonto and Going Down in that MSL list, after all), I highly doubt it's really an Ashba composition, as it seems he never did any actual studio work with GNR (unless we consider that version of Better that leaked as "Ashba remix", which I really like btw, except for the solo).

And also the MSL leaked alleged track list dates from early 2008, before Ashba was in the band.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

And also the MSL leaked alleged track list dates from early 2008, before Ashba was in the band.

I was about to say that. Also, "Better2" (or similar, don't have the list handy, it's on my personal laptop ;) ) is on that list, which I assume is the piano version that leaked years ago that is said to be DJ Ashba on it, possibly worked on by him later, after the list. I suppose it could also be one of the Bumblefoot acoustic versions.