The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

we're comparing Axl to a farmer now. Sad. On top of that, Metallica just released an album.

Well, farmers are mature enough that they can probably live with the comparison.  They have to plant seeds and water them on a regular basis or there's no crops for anyone to eat.  You can live for decades without Axl, can't do that without farmers.  Or doctors.  Or electricians and armed forces to protect you, or any of those other lower class that you dismiss so readily.  Most of them can't even afford tickets to see Axl when he shows up to work a few hours a week so just ignore those inferiors like Axl does.

Would you really want a heart surgeon or a fire fighter who shows up hours late because he hadn't even flown into the state yet when he was supposed to be on duty?

• ABSUЯD 1

26 minutes ago, timoteo said:

How can anyone defend this band anymore?

What is there to defend? Axl's decision to not release music? That does not need defending, it isn't an attack on any. 

14 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Well, farmers are mature enough that they can probably live with the comparison.  They have to plant seeds and water them on a regular basis or there's no crops for anyone to eat.  You can live for decades without Axl, can't do that without farmers.  Or doctors.  Or electricians and armed forces to protect you, or any of those other lower class that you dismiss so readily.  Most of them can't even afford tickets to see Axl when he shows up to work a few hours a week so just ignore those inferiors like Axl does.

Would you really want a heart surgeon or a fire fighter who shows up hours late because he hadn't even flown into the state yet when he was supposed to be on duty?

Is your argument now that Axl is late for shows? That's soooo 2006. 

Edited by SoulMonster

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Is your argument now that Axl is late for shows? That's soooo 2006. 

No, my point is that he's not remotely productive and hasn't been for several decades.  But a quick google search says that he didn't magically stop in 2006.

2010 - O2

2012 - Manchester’s Arena

2020 - Livestream concert

He did start showing up on time when Slash and Duff were hired.  Safe to assume they put that in the contract but strangely no one ever mentions it.  You'd think they could write a song about how Axl learned that being hours late isn't a good thing.  But who wants to hear a song about something Axl went through seven years ago?

10 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

No, my point is that he's not remotely productive and hasn't been for several decades.  But a quick google search says that he didn't magically stop in 2006.

2010 - O2

2012 - Manchester’s Arena

2020 - Livestream concert

He did start showing up on time when Slash and Duff were hired.  Safe to assume they put that in the contract but strangely no one ever mentions it.  You'd think they could write a song about how Axl learned that being hours late isn't a good thing.  But who wants to hear a song about something Axl went through seven years ago?

He is not productive!!? What a bombshell!! This revelation changes everything! Did you hear this guys? ChrisW has found out Axl is not productive! Could this be the reason why he has only released one record in the last 29 years!? My God, it must be! Axl is not productive! 

Btw, he started being on time in 2014, before the reunion. I used 2006 because there are more stories about his lateness from this year. 

Axl's widows attacking people with different opinions. Clearly people who are here like the band in one way or another, and reading many comments over the years, I see that a lot of people are not happy with the direction of the band, and other people defend that just touring is fine. So they are opposing views, one or two members attacking and refuting any contrary opinion is bizarre to say the least. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

He is not productive!!? What a bombshell!! This revelation changes everything! Did you hear this guys? ChrisW has found out Axl is not productive! Could this be the reason why he has only released one record in the last 29 years!? My God, it must be! Axl is not productive! 

Btw, he started being on time in 2014, before the reunion. I used 2006 because there are more stories about his lateness from this year. 

I saw GN'R in 2011 and 2012 and they were on time.

John Lennon spent years with nobody asking about his next album, but he'd publicly said he wasn't making more music.  David Bowie spent even longer without being asked, he'd also said he wasn't making new music.  Nobody asks Billy Joel or Pink Floyd about their upcoming music.  As long as they're still alive, they can even change their minds.  Sammy Hagar and Elton John have said multiple times they weren't going to make any new albums and then release one a couple years later.  They like doing it, it's gotten them this far so why quit?

Axl could have said twenty years ago 'this is the last album I'll ever make' and it would have been the truth, but where would his fans be if he'd said that?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeNfr said:

so you pull something out of your hat and it's up to others to prove it's wrong?

that's funny, but that's not how it works

Huh? I said that GNR don't release music and Slash does. 

That's not anyone pulling anything 'out of a hat' it's just plain observation of fact. 

I have seen plenty of evidence that Slash and Duff write and release music. I have seen no evidence that GNR write and release music.

Feel free to prove me wrong if you can direct me to something I'm missing here! 

I don't think there's any argument whatsoever and I'm just amazed that people think Slash and Duff don't want to release music, given their constant history of.....releasing music. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Axl could have said twenty years ago 'this is the last album I'll ever make' and it would have been the truth, but where would his fans be if he'd said that?

I wouldn't be complaining about it at this point. I would at least respect that type of honesty vs GNR pretending all this time that they are writing and recording music with the intention of releasing it. They're not. They have not. 

Edited by GnR Chris

15 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I think his main statements were what songs would be released next (Atlas and Perhaps), whether we would get a new album or not (No), and an insistence that Axl had not recorded any vocals we had not heard before. All of which are still unanswered, so maybe you are thinking about something else?

And I feel his right with those 3 you have mentioned to be honest.

There will be no new album.

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I saw GN'R in 2011 and 2012 and they were on time.

Yes, it wasn't like it immediately went from all shows being late then all shows being on time. What I meant was that by 2014, almost all shows were on time. 

2 hours ago, DTV88 said:

He was super late at the Hollywood Palladium in 2019 

But it hasn't been a trend since before 2014.

2 hours ago, vloors said:

And I feel his right with those 3 you have mentioned to be honest.

There will be no new album.

And that's a legit opinion. But it is just an opinion, still :)

• Like 1

On the topic of late starts. Here's a summary of the band's starting time from 2006 and onwards to 2014: (5) 26. MAY-DECEMBER 2006 - TOURING; IZZY RETURNS AND AXL FIGHTS - Page 2 (a-4-d.com) 

Again, the band started to be on time around 2012, by 2014 it was about as good as it is now.

It is a myth that Axl started to meet on on time for the shows only after Slash and Duff joined the band. That process had started much earlier.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

On the topic of late starts. Here's a summary of the band's starting time from 2006 and onwards to 2014: (5) 26. MAY-DECEMBER 2006 - TOURING; IZZY RETURNS AND AXL FIGHTS - Page 2 (a-4-d.com) 

Again, the band started to be on time around 2012, by 2014 it was about as good as it is now.

It is a myth that Axl started to meet on on time for the shows only after Slash and Duff joined the band. That process had started much earlier.

At Graspop 2012 they started 20 min early for a half empty field, because there were still bands playing in the tents and everyone assumed they were going to be late anyway. The look on peoples faces running out of the tents was hilarious. Rumour has it that the organisers told GN'R that they had to play half an hour earlier than they were actually scheduled, to avoid a late start like in 2006 🤣. Now people were pissed they started early lol. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Master Of Reality said:

At Graspop 2012 they started 20 min early for a half empty field, because there were still bands playing in the tents and everyone assumed they were going to be late anyway. The look on peoples faces running out of the tents was hilarious. Rumour has it that the organisers told GN'R that they had to play half an hour earlier than they were actually scheduled, to avoid a late start like in 2006 🤣. Now people were pissed they started early lol. 

That’s hilarious 🤣🤣🤣

13 hours ago, allwaystired said:

That's not anyone pulling anything 'out of a hat' it's just plain observation of fact. 

no, you said to explain this fact :

"Slash, Duff and probably everyone else in the band would like to do new music, Axl for whatever reason won't do it and they all know he's in charge and don't want to lose their meal ticket by pushing it."

so yeah, that's your take on it, and it's not something we know as the truth.

54 minutes ago, DeNfr said:

no, you said to explain this fact :

"Slash, Duff and probably everyone else in the band would like to do new music, Axl for whatever reason won't do it and they all know he's in charge and don't want to lose their meal ticket by pushing it."

so yeah, that's your take on it, and it's not something we know as the truth.

Ummm.....right. 

That will be why the very next line on that post of mine was "That's my take on it anyway."

So, what's your point? An argument for the sake of it? 

Edited by allwaystired

22 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Foo Fighters just dropped a new single. New record drops early June. They wrote it in response to Taylor’s death. So they figured out how to release a record without their drummer but GNR are still debating how to properly release two songs from 20 years ago that leaked four years ago. 

Yeah. They probably figured out that that guy from Nirvana is a pretty good drummer too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I have seen plenty of evidence that Slash and Duff write and release music. I have seen no evidence that GNR write and release music.

Feel free to prove me wrong if you can direct me to something I'm missing here! 

I don't think there's any argument whatsoever and I'm just amazed that people think Slash and Duff don't want to release music, given their constant history of.....releasing music. 

I think it's more likely that they don't care if gnr releases anymore music with them on it. I think if it was happening they'd be happy to row in and get their hands dirty under the hood, but I think they have enough outside work that they aren't clamouring to make music and the tours are lucrative enough to keep them happy.

I could be wrong... But I just don't see them with burning ambitions for new gnr music. I do think they would prefer to be thought of as a cool edgy band and not some wheeled out nostalgia act... But obviously they've come to terms with that.