09/06/23 - Lexington, KY - Rupp Arena

downzy

10 minutes ago, slash was buckethead said:

Here is a crazy forum topic? Do we think there are recordings of AXL singing slither back in the day? I’m he trashed VR, but I feel like it would be a very Axl thing to have a need to do it better…..or was he a secret fan boy of the band?……I don’t care for his current voice on slither but It would be cool if we ever got a VR reunion show maybe for an anniversary with Axl on vocals? Rip Scott but that would be a cool true show of support of his lost and found again friends.

Hmmm....Did you get lost on the forum? 

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Interesting vocals on Estranged tonight. Has he been singing it like this at other recent shows? It sounds great. This is how he should sing Perhaps for fucks sake!

Yes, it sounded great. I don't think he sang it like that at any of the other shows this year.

He just said something again about his voice, but the stream lagged so I couldn't hear it.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, it sounded great. I don't think he sang it like that at any of the other shows this year.

He just said something again about his voice, but the stream lagged so I couldn't hear it.

I only caught parts of it, "a couple shows ago, I got sick on the way to the show, and I was ripping my throat out... not trying to make excuses... don't wanna let you down..." and then something about having to sing certain parts a different way. Estranged sounded great but hopefully he hasn't hurt himself over the last few shows...

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Even the outro of Rocket Queen sounds good with his baritone voice. I don't get why he thinks that he's letting the audience down if he doesn't use falsetto.

Maybe it hurts his throat in these when he’s doing it? Otherwise I don’t see why he would care or someone should tell him that way sounds good. 

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

Maybe it hurts his throat in these when he’s doing it? Otherwise I don’t see why he would care or someone should tell him that way sounds good. 

I'm sure someone has told him. But I think he just believes that he should sing the songs in the same vocal range as on the record (even if it is mickey), otherwise it's not good. He said something like that at one of the previous shows.