08/11/23 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

downzy

1 hour ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

No joke here, Melissa Reese "liked" a Facebook comment I made on the GN'R page about tonight's show.

My comment?

"When's 'Perhaps' coming?"

While not a reply one way or the other, I found her "like" to be encouraging. Maybe they will roll it out tonight, but if not, it sounds like it's on the way. And yes, it looks very much like Melissa Reese's official page when I clicked on it. Seems like she had some time on her hands earlier, as she was "liking" not just my post, but many others' posts.

57 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I think it's her

How has anyone on this forum fallen for this?! I've just looked on GN'R's Facebook page. 'Melissa' has liked a bunch of comments. The 'Melissa' in question, at the time of me writing, has 466 likes and 643 followers with no blue tick.

It is clearly not a real page! 🤦😂

Edited by DoMw94

16 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

How has anyone on this forum fallen for this?! I've just looked on GN'R's Facebook page. 'Melissa' has liked a bunch of comments. The 'Melissa' in question, at the time of me writing, has 466 likes and 643 followers with no blue tick.

It is clearly not a real page! 🤦😂

Dude..no one gives a fuck about her lol. She's even less known than Dizzy. Dizzy has 4000 followers and no blue tick, and his page is clearly real. And whoever runs that Melissa page if it IS fake, does a pretty creepy job posting some writings as if they were written by Melissa herself, complete with signature and all.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Dude..no one gives a fuck about her lol. She's even less known than Dizzy. Dizzy has 4000 followers and no blue tick, and his page is clearly real. And whoever runs that Melissa page if it IS fake, does a pretty creepy job posting some writings as if they were written by Melissa herself, complete with signature and all.

Plus if you scroll down, the first post is from April. I could totally see that account being real. Not saying it is or it isn't, but it's not impossible that it is. 

Edited by diablo9333
For some reason it merged my comments.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Her IG is verified and since FB and IG are the same company her FB would most likely be verified too if it was real. A lot of it is ripped off her IG, and it's not even consistent. Plus, look at the page's info. Created on April 7, this year, and likes – one, the drummer from Lynrd Skynrd. Really? This being the supposed official page of the Guns N' Roses keyboardist who openly said she wasn't much of a rock music fan when she joined the band. And nobody in a band as big as GN'R, even Melissa is sitting liking all comments on a page that isn't their own, or worse, paying someone to do that! 😂

There is not a planet in this universe where that is a real page. And none of what I've pointed out is even difficult to find out – two clicks, less than five seconds.

No one gives a fuck? Perhaps, but one creepy nutjob cares enough to make a fake page. That's the real worrying thing about the internet...

Sorry, I just don't want genuine good-natured fans falling for this shit

Edited by DoMw94

10 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Her IG is verified and since FB and IG are the same company her FB would most likely be verified too if it was real. A lot of it is ripped off her IG, and it's not even consistent. Plus, look at the page's info. Created on April 7, this year, and likes – one, the drummer from Lynrd Skynrd. Really? This being the official page of the Guns N' Roses keyboardist who openly said she wasn't much of a rock music fan when she joined the band.

There is not a planet in this universe where that is a real page. And none of what I've pointed out is even difficult to find out – two clicks, less than five seconds.

No one gives a fuck? Perhaps, but one creepy nutjob cares enough to make a fake page. That's the real worrying thing about the internet...

Sorry, I just don't want genuine good-natured fans falling for this shit

I don't know man, it took me 5 seconds to check if Dizzys Instagram is verified, it is, and look his Facebook is not. So there goes that point.

It's not as unrealistic to me as you make it seem that she just decided to create a Facebook account this year just for the sake of it, that would line up with the following of 600 or whatever it is, especially when even Dizzy only has fucking 4000 and his page is ages old lol.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown