08/05/23 - Moncton, CAN - Croix-Bieue Medavie Stadium

downzy

It is the very first time indeed that they are playing in Moncton, and to be honest, it is quite unbelievable that they are getting something as big as GnR to play there frankly (Maritimes folks, I'm happy for you, but that is true as Moncton has a population of about 85 thousand people only, they don't have any 4 or 5 stars hotel, and absolutely anything nice to see or do, unless you were born and raised there and still, most people would say how boring that region it is) so not sure if Axl was/is staying out of town and getting a private jet to get there. I believe only Del and Jordan made a few posts from there, so I'm positive the rest of the crew are like wow, this place is quite remote lol (hence their "rural" Litho btw)

Edited by ACDC8
typos - my English is not functioning well today
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ACDC8 said:

It is the very first time they play in Moncton, and to be honestly, quite unbelievable that region got someone as big as GnR to play there frankly (Maritimes folks, I'm happy for you, but that is true as Moncton has a population of about 85 thousand people only, they barely have descent hotels, not a single 4 or 5 stars hotel or very nice things to do and see) so not sure if Axl was/is staying out of town and getting a chopper or a private jet to get there. I believe only Del and Jordan made a few posts from there, so I'm positive the rest of the crew are like wow, this place is quite remote lol. 

Yes, it's the first time since the reunion.

They have played there only in 1987 and 1988, and then NuGnR in 2010.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alexmee239 said:

Slim to none

In fairness, taking into account everything since 1987, It's So Easy has been the opener for like 85% of their shows. It's not like this is some shocking anomaly and it's such a great opener when you're there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

In fairness, taking into account everything since 1987, It's So Easy has been the opener for like 85% of their shows. It's not like this is some shocking anomaly and it's such a great opener when you're there.

You must be including post-2016...

7 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

You must be including post-2016...

I am but if you exclude 2016 onwards I think It's So Easy still is a clear front runner by a good margin. I looked into this once and I don't remember the exact math (I can go back and research if this becomes a debate topic) but I'm certain they opened almost every show on the UYI tour apart from like 20 (again not a confirmed figure) with It's So Easy.

4 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

I am but if you exclude 2016 onwards I think It's So Easy still is a clear front runner by a good margin. I looked into this once and I don't remember the exact math (I can go back and research if this becomes a debate topic) but I'm certain they opened almost every show on the UYI tour apart from like 20 (again not a confirmed figure) with It's So Easy.

That seems right for 1993, but not for 1991 and 1992. Either way, it would be nice if they changed it up.

Just now, Coma16 said:

That seems right for 1993, but not for 1991 and 1992. Either way, it would be nice if they changed it up.

Yeah but if you take all the UYI years collectively I think It's So Easy still topped the charts. Again, I'd need to pour back into the detail. I relied fairly heavily on things like Setlist FM to do the math.

5 minutes ago, MicEffecT said:

I get it but it's all we got right now! 

The legit updates there mostly rely on the same streams that we're watching - only on rare occasions there's someone who is really at the show and updates it in real time - so we have nothing really.

Edited by Blackstar