08/05/23 - Moncton, CAN - Croix-Bieue Medavie Stadium

downzy

Weirdest North American tour debut town ever for GNR? Seems like no forum users are at this show. I wanna imagine it’s insane and Moncton is getting Think About You, IRS, The Garden and Perhaps but nobody is filming or attending.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I know it would be cool if they open with another song sometimes but i really can't choose a better song to start the show. Thinking about other openers Nightrain was cool though PTU doesn't really work for me as an opener and WTTJ is cool obviously but throwing it first i don't know I'd still take ISE . I mean you know what's coming but in my case i'm still hyped for it and when the bass kicks in is just maddness. And the first verses with Axl's lower register makes you wait for the first raspy scream and it always works live for me. My other choice probably would be OTGM cool first riff and straight to your brain but that's never gonna happen. 
I love Axl's 2023 look. I love his t shirts those jeans and those nike sneakers are just to cool. Looking pretty good for someone in his 60's

8 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

I know all the love she has for GNR but i couldn't care less about Carrie doing a guest spot in a GNR concert. But i couldn't care less about SCOM either so .... hahaha . now really that's my shot at it but i do enjoy Slash's solo on it ICONIC

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

I know it would be cool if they open with another song sometimes but i really can't choose a better song to start the show. Thinking about other openers Nightrain was cool though PTU doesn't really work for me as an opener and WTTJ is cool obviously but throwing it first i don't know I'd still take ISE . I mean you know what's coming but in my case i'm still hyped for it and when the bass kicks in is just maddness. And the first verses with Axl's lower register makes you wait for the first raspy scream and it always works live for me. My other choice probably would be OTGM cool first riff and straight to your brain but that's never gonna happen. 
I love Axl's 2023 look. I love his t shirts those jeans and those nike sneakers are just too cool. Looking pretty good for someone in his 60's

ISE bass intro works really well for a show opener IMO. Love it. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ratam said:

How weird? Just 3 pages to first show.

I know... still can't get why they are playing there (again, very happy for the folks on that side of Canada) but the majority of the folks there have a very (VEEEERY) slow pace living there and might not enjoy posting/streaming much 

• Like 1

You can see a couple videos on instagram if looking for "Moncton stadium" as a location, but very few posts. They had a lot of tickets to sell, and and tickets were going for more than half of the price. Not a GnR fault, it is just a very strange area for a band as big as GnR to play with very expensive tickets most of the Canadians on that side of the country cannot afford, sadly. 

9 minutes ago, ACDC8 said:

You can see a couple videos on instagram if looking for "Moncton stadium" as a location, but very few posts. They had a lot of tickets to sell, and and tickets were going for more than half of the price. Not a GnR fault, it is just a very strange area for a band as big as GnR to play with very expensive tickets most of the Canadians on that side of the country cannot afford, sadly. 

Not quite sure where you got your stats. As a matter of fact, AC/DC played there but the venue itself. It's the first time they've allowed a band to perform. Normally concerts are done at Magnetic Hill. Venue only holds 25,000 so not sure where you want them to put people. And it was used for Women's FIFA World Cup 2018. Also tickets were sold out prior to the event. With the exception of only a few

Love your comments about people on that side of the country not being able to afford tickets. Are you kidding dude. Just because it's a small province, doesn't mean only people from that province go to the show! 

Posts should really be screened before people say stupid shit @GunsGuy

🙄

Edited by MicEffecT