07/11/23 - Landgraaf, NL - Megaland

downzy

21 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, I was standing there, someone in the audience screamed ''stop eating tacos and take some singing lessons, you fucker''. Good response from Axl, the old Axl would have stormed off or something.

Jesus, what an asshole. I was standing next to a young girl who was there with her dad, I assume, and before the show she said: I just wonder how bad it will be. Her dad pointed out that she had to be aware she was listening to 25 year old music (his words :lol:) and she mumbled something about the Lisa Marie Presley funeral. But she stayed the entire show and seemed quite into it, looking up every song to see which one it was:lol: It gave me a nice feeling.

Then there was a young couple in front of me and when it started they were so much into it with the girl looking excitedly at her boyfriend saying: This is so cool! (They left after an hour or so, mainly because the guy had a bit too much to drink, I fear. Too bad, they'd been standing there quite a long time before it started.

So those were nice experiences with fellow concert goers.

Then there were a few very drunk older men barely being able to stand up and falling down even. And at least 5 middleaged women trying to get into the golden circle past security. I'm happy to say none managed to squeeze through. Embarrassing though. Maybe it would've worked 30 years ago.

Something else I found funny was when Axl said he felt like stagediving and if we thought he'd manage. Then he said: Nah, I'm not as confident as you are :lol: (Or something like that)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, I was standing there, someone in the audience screamed ''stop eating tacos and take some singing lessons, you fucker''. Good response from Axl, the old Axl would have stormed off or something.

that's just pathetic and just screams "hey look at me I am edgy and cool"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chorrada said:

Ugh. I don't get why people are so mean. I was standing near some idiot yelling "fuck you" all the time.

Just for context: after Axl messed up by saying the wrong city (quickly corrected himself though), he said he was pleasantly surprised about the crowds mild reaction despite him calling out the wrong city, and said he expected a lot more fuck yous. So yelling fuck you once as a reply to that is funny, but to keep on repeating it is just crossing a line. Have some respect

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Europe is like 17 countries lol. Of course every single country has it's own culture, when Americans say "European" it's very irritating to me because this is like over 10 countries that are completely different, but of course that's hard to grasp when you've never left the bubble that is the US.

https://www.worldometers.info/geography/how-many-countries-in-europe/ There are 44 countries in Europe today, according to the United Nations.

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

This is some of the most misguided nonsense I've seen in a while AND COMPLETELY unrelated to this show and GNR. 

I would love to get into specifics but it would derail this altogether, very, very tempting though😄

the fact that there is people that liked that comment is the most concerning thing

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Jesus, what an asshole. I was standing next to a young girl who was there with her dad, I assume, and before the show she said: I just wonder how bad it will be. Her dad pointed out that she had to be aware she was listening to 25 year old music (his words :lol:) and she mumbled something about the Lisa Marie Presley funeral. But she stayed the entire show and seemed quite into it, looking up every song to see which one it was:lol: It gave me a nice feeling.

Then there was a young couple in front of me and when it started they were so much into it with the girl looking excitedly at her boyfriend saying: This is so cool! (They left after an hour or so, mainly because the guy had a bit too much to drink, I fear. Too bad, they'd been standing there quite a long time before it started.

So those were nice experiences with fellow concert goers.

Then there were a few very drunk older men barely being able to stand up and falling down even. And at least 5 middleaged women trying to get into the golden circle past security. I'm happy to say none managed to squeeze through. Embarrassing though. Maybe it would've worked 30 years ago.

Something else I found funny was when Axl said he felt like stagediving and if we thought he'd manage. Then he said: Nah, I'm not as confident as you are :lol: (Or something like that)

It's ridiculous some people's attitude.  I'd like to see the people who criticise the singing stand on stage and sing the songs as good as Axl can at 60+ years of age.  If anyone has tried singing you know how physically demanding it is.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

That's seriously fucked up. On the one hand, you disrespect him so much that you shout out crap like this, and on the other hand, you pay loads of money to go see the show. Some people would deserve hard labour, no money, and some humbleness lessons until they figure out what's what.

E.g. I can criticize him all I like here, but if I buy the ticket, I'm there to enjoy the show, aren't I? Not to mention these assholes are spoiling other people's fun, which is fucking selfish, and that's one of the worst human traits ever. Idiots. 

Despite all of my criticism of Axl throughout the years, I have to agree with this point. You can express criticism in any format you prefer, but one thing I absolutely refuse to do is insult an individual, regardless of their fame or lack thereof.

It brings to mind a situation when there was a fantastic opportunity for fans to establish a respectful connection with Fernando (and TB) in a civil manner in the War Room discord channel. However, some incredibly foolish individuals ruined it by posting memes and offensive content about his mother. That is completely unacceptable to me.

Edited by ©GnrPersia