07/08/23 - Rome, IT - Circo Massimo

downzy

9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I really liked I Wanna Be Your Dog. Easily my favorite Duff solo spot.

I'd actually forgotten they did that but yeah, at least that's a more known Iggy song as well

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Is it me or are they busting out There Was a Time a bit more frequently as of late?  Cool stuff, glad to see other tunes getting some more attention this year

I actually dont think they have played it this much in such a short space of time before, even pre reunion it was rare

4 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I actually dont think they have played it this much in such a short space of time before, even pre reunion it was rare

They've only played it 3 times this year, with a month between the first and second performance. They played it semi-regularly towards the end of 2017 and for a chunk of the 2012 residency. https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/guns-n-roses-7bd69e24.html?songid=13d06905

1 minute ago, DeadHorseinaComa said:

Just back from the show, he actually dedicated PTU to "Silvio Berlusconi and his bunga bunga parties", which was pretty unexpected and a genius move :lol:

I Guess he also dedicated Kohd as to not cause any fuss (cause Italy Is a backwards fucking country where Silvio is revered as a Saint) and because after all a man died, so it's a kind gesture.

That's questionable...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BucketEgg said:

I wonder what the other song dedicated to him was.

Because if someone dedicates Knocking On Heaven's Door, it can read as both well (hooray, you get a song dedicated to you!) or mean-intentioned. Mean intention, as in, "Haha you're dead, and you're knocking on Heaven's door because you can't get in" sort of way.

Pretty tied up

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They've only played it 3 times this year, with a month between the first and second performance. They played it semi-regularly towards the end of 2017 and for a chunk of the 2012 residency. https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/guns-n-roses-7bd69e24.html?songid=13d06905

I took time out in 2017, i do remember the playing it at the residency though

35 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

People here already judging Axl for something that nobody has watched or listened yet

People in the thread were there, and many who were not saw video.

1 hour ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Look forward to your review, hope he sounded good on Twat and hope Slash did the solo somewhat justice:D

The First part was not good. Then he  sang his chest out. Absolutely loved it

Edited by Italian girl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shacklermyrye said:

That's a very decent setlist right there. Sort of wish Duff would drop TV Eye though, Attitude would get a better reaction

Nah. Attitude has been played to death. He should have kept doing I wanna be your dog.

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Awesome show. Probably the best crowd this year so far (I'm sure Athens will top that).

Axl dedicated kohd and ptu to Berlusconi. For ptu he also mentioned his "bunga bunga party's". After Axl wore the gladiator helmet in kohd, he said that was a gift from Buckethead long time ago. It was cool he mentioned bucket after like 20 years go again.

Before walk all over you he said Angus was very happy for them to play that venue. You could tell the band was really happy to be playing the circus maximus. Seemed to be real special to them. The encore was pretty sick, they seemed to be deciding on the getgo what to play there. Before they went into twat, slash had his red guitar ready (which song does he use that for?). Then he took it back and the guitar never made it back on stage. Wonder what they were thinking of playing there

Vocal wise might have been his best show today. I thought this I love was a very strong performance by Axl. 

And btw: Rome is an incredible city. Everyone should visit it at some point in their life 

See, just when you thought it was all going to shit with the venue, it turns into something epic. Isn’t that always the way.  Well sometimes anyway.

• Like 1