07/08/23 - Rome, IT - Circo Massimo

downzy

59 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The KOHD one didn't sound like that to me, but anyway.

People can watch the videos and judge for themselves:

PTU

KOHD

After this I love and before absurd he said more or less that they wanted to balance situazione, emotions..  love vs hate.

I think he did the same with pretty tied up and knockin'.. First they made fun of him then showed some respect for a dead person.

• Like 3

Waiting in the plane at Fiumicino Airport to go back to the Netherlands. What a great show, great energy and I really liked the location, the setting of Circo Massimo is great and my hotel was literally next to the field). On to the show in Weert on Tuesday, curious how many tickets have been sold by now.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

What Axl said before TWAT something about a request but I can't get it

"Okay, we shall answer your request. We had an off-venue request. We'll see if the chef is in. If the chef is up for it, we're up for it."

On 7/8/2023 at 6:21 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Not sure, how Slash would think about it, because in his mind he's not needed and only there because Axl insisted on it, but for the public, for sure. Because then he would have been there from the beginning, as far as the public is concerned. But then again, who gives a shit about the keyboard player in a rock band? :P;)

Right. No one gives a shit about Richard Wright, Tony Banks and others.

Hilarious.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 6:21 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Not sure, how Slash would think about it, because in his mind he's not needed and only there because Axl insisted on it, but for the public, for sure. Because then he would have been there from the beginning, as far as the public is concerned. But then again, who gives a shit about the keyboard player in a rock band? :P;)

Slash had Dizzy on the first Snakepit record! 😂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Some guys on the front row kept asking to.play some particular songs.. (don't know which songs)

axl was talking with them

I hope it was Perhaps & The General. You never know what fan talk actually get to Axl so if he hears directly from fans that they want those songs that can only be a good thing

After TWAT and when he had started introducing Walk All Over You ("You know, we're gonna do something just kinda for ourselves"), someone (from the audience?) said something, and Axl said "What was that? I couldn't tell, this isn't a Genesis concert, so I don't know what you're saying (?) Nothing against Genesis (all the same?).... the band, the book, the bible, whatever." And then: "This is for Angus who was very excited that we were playing here tonight. For real."

• Like 2

Just now, Blackstar said:

After TWAT and when he had started introducing Walk All Over You ("You know, we're gonna do something just kinda for ourselves"), someone (from the audience?) said something, and Axl said "What was that? I couldn't tell, this isn't a Genesis concert, so I don't know what you're saying (?) Nothing against Genesis (all the same?).... the band, the book, the bible, whatever." And then: "This is for Angus who was very excited that we were playing here tonight. For real."

Yea boi!

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

"Okay, we shall answer your request. We had an off-venue request. We'll see if the chef is in. If the chef is up for it, we're up for it."

What can this mean? That guys in the first rows asked them to play TWAT?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Exactly, what his doing is going nowhere and he is out of key…the biggest WTF Slash????

Ashba played it 100000 times better, it is what it is guys

He’s not out of key. It’s okay if you don’t like the solo (I do prefer studio version), but Slash is playing on key here.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

It seems so.

That seems interesting, hope that someone tell to play Perhaps or The General😂

Jokes aside It's interesting that they did this, if only I had know It in Vigo I would have asked to play something I was in first rows!

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Imagine some die-hard in the front row screaming for The General, but because of all the noise and maybe the guys accent, Axl just wonders why the fuck he's screaming about Genesis... :lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Imagine some die-hard in the front row screaming for The General, but because of all the noise and maybe the guys accent, Axl just wonders why the fuck he's screaming about Genesis... :lol:

I thought about that, too. Or maybe Axl heard them screaming for The General and was playing around pretending he didn't know what they were talking about  :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

You're hilarious thinking that the general public gives great value to keyboard players in rock bands.

One of the very first Rock Songs was written and played on the piano (Little Richard - Tutti Frutti). 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This is for Angus who was very excited that we were playing here tonight. For real

If that’s true and Angus and Axl are still in touch, maybe the Dutch fans are in for a surprise on Tuesday… fingers crossed, Angus hasn’t been on a stage since 2017 with Guns, but with Power trip coming up, maybe he takes this as a little practice

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

That seems interesting, hope that someone tell to play Perhaps or The General😂

Jokes aside It's interesting that they did this, if only I had know It in Vigo I would have asked to play something I was in first rows!

I was 2nd row and screamed a few times perhaps 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1