06/05/23 - Tel Aviv, IL - Hayarkon Park

downzy

1 minute ago, rumandraisin said:

There's nothing really for people to complain about setlist wise. It's only the second show, the first show had the most changes since 2009, the most radical set change in 14 years. We also know there's plenty of others like TWAT and Madagascar, Sorry and so on they can rotate in. And we know they have rehearsed Perhaps. What's the complaints all about!?

Iv'e no problem at all with the setlist (well except TIL) it's the best setlist they have had in years, can't fault that

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

How amazing is it really?  95% perecent iof major rock and smaller bands play the exct same set every night for an entire tour.. Then maybe swicth up a song or two the next tour.. KISS... AC/DC... Ozzy.. Motley Crue.. Black Sabbath.. Alice Cooper...Def Leppard.. ZZ Top.. John Fogerty and on and on and on and on... People blow the same Guns N' Roses same setlist shit way out of porportion... 

Most bands use the same set list night and out on tours, true and that's all good. But most bands change it up after a leg or so. AC/DC they play the same set for the entire tour, but next time you see them it's a guarantee they will have shaken up the order of the songs, come up with a new entrance song/video/stage set. They also have the good sense to go away.

A lot of bands including Alice cooper, have a few different songs that they rotate for the opening songs. 

Of course the staples of any bands set have to stay in order to keep people happy, nothing wrong that! just keep it interesting, keep adding songs, keep shuffling the orders, just have a master list and call the songs then and there (like they say they do).

Just now, AlexC said:

Nah it would be a shame and disappointing. I’d rather him attempt to sing it correctly and struggle than just give up and tune down.

Working on adjustments to try and make it not sound embarrasing is giving up? That is what most gaing singers do.. Giving up is just sayingt fuck it I will continue to sound embarrasing

• Like 2

The only person I've seen genuinely do a different set each night was Prince, but then he was one of a kind and based sets around crowd participation and jamming and a lot of improv. 

Guns have a very small amount of music to chose from and have the songs they have to play every night. 

Since the first tour in 2002 each tour has had a stable set with a few songs rotated. Be thankful it's not 2002, that really was the same set every night. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RnRHOFGNR said:

The moaning bout the setlist is a GNR meme at this point.  Unless you go to multiple shows per year I really don't understand the complaints.

If you think it's great then, it is! but you have to understand that not everyone is going to go along with your point of view. For me, the set (even this "new" set) is very tired. Time to throw the lot out and build a new set from top to bottom

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Working on adjustments to try and make it not sound embarrasing is giving up? That is what most gaing singers do.. Giving up is just sayingt fuck it I will continue to sound embarrasing

Exactly! tune the facking thing down... help yourself out. He doesn't need to sing in his low voice, but he could sing in a different key up high and still sound good. 

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Most bands use the same set list night and out on tours, true and that's all good. But most bands change it up after a leg or so. AC/DC they play the same set for the entire tour, but next time you see them it's a guarantee they will have shaken up the order of the songs, come up with a new entrance song/video/stage set. They also have the good sense to go away.

A lot of bands including Alice cooper, have a few different songs that they rotate for the opening songs. 

Of course the staples of any bands set have to stay in order to keep people happy, nothing wrong that! just keep it interesting, keep adding songs, keep shuffling the orders, just have a master list and call the songs then and there (like they say they do).

AC/DC certainly don't switch up the set as much as GnR do.. Maybe the opening song but they change 2 or 3 songs a tour and play that same set every fucking night just like every other band.  Every Time I have seen Guns there are several songs that they didn't play the prior show. I have seen 4 reunion shows and if I saw them the other night I would have seen them play NINE songs that I hadn't seen yet..  Never mind the different intros to songs and Slash solos that changes.. AC/DC and Alice Cooper also play like 15 songs not 25 - 32.  Alice also doesn't rotate teh opening songs during a tour. I have seen him around 20 times.. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

How amazing is it really?  95% perecent iof major rock and smaller bands play the exct same set every night for an entire tour.. Then maybe swicth up a song or two the next tour.. KISS... AC/DC... Ozzy.. Motley Crue.. Black Sabbath.. Alice Cooper...Def Leppard.. ZZ Top.. John Fogerty and on and on and on and on... People blow the same Guns N' Roses same setlist shit way out of porportion... 

Yes, but they don't tell the press 'we're so wild we don't even play to a setlist'

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

The only person I've seen genuinely do a different set each night was Prince, but then he was one of a kind and based sets around crowd participation and jamming and a lot of improv. 

Guns have a very small amount of music to chose from and have the songs they have to play every night. 

Since the first tour in 2002 each tour has had a stable set with a few songs rotated. Be thankful it's not 2002, that really was the same set every night. 

I sat next to a well traveled Grateful Dead / Dead and Company fan at a show in 2019.  She had been to all of the shows from Los Angeles, to the Gorge and then to North Carolina.  I asked her what song she hoped to hear that night and she said that the quality of the performance is much better than the actual songs played.

Taking it back to GNR - I'd much rather them play the songs really well - then try and mix things up.  Whatever songs that get played - I hope they do it well.

Edited by Spike Killer
  • Like 2