06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

Just now, colonizedmind said:

Any indication of the boys having stuck around for the final day today? They don't need to leave for Glasgow until tomorrow one would assume....be cool just to see them sidestage tonight for the bitch is back! 

They're leaving for Glasgow tomorrow afternoon. Possible they'll be at the site today. There was an insta story from Vanessa earlier that showed Axl being at the venue I think (it's in the unofficial social Media thread)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

They're leaving for Glasgow tomorrow afternoon. Possible they'll be at the site today. There was an insta story from Vanessa earlier that showed Axl being at the venue I think (it's in the unofficial social Media thread)

You have to assume that Axl would love to see Elton's UK Swan Song. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I just saw that story, and Axl looks dressed as if he’s going to guest in a song.

Maybe it’s just a hunch :) 

• Like 2

So, hands up...I was one of those who feared for Axl's voice when this show was announced. And while I'm sure it could have been a total car crash, Axl and the band made me, and many others, eat our words. Maybe the trip Columbia worked some magic.

Yes, Axl hit Mickey at times. Yes, there were 'questionable' drops in Axl's mic levels (at times when Axl's voice probably would have struggled. Coincidence? Probably not), but...BUT...the vast majority of his vocals were fantastic by the standards of the last 20yrs. As someone who doesn't really watch too many recent live videos, especially if I'm taking in a show on a current tour (I won't even look at the setlist), this is the best I've heard Axl for years. This is absolutely the best we could have hoped for. Setlist was pretty cool too. I LOVE they did Absurd when it would have been so, so easy to drop it. A big FUCK YOU to those who think Axl doesn't have any edge left.

Slash was superb. He's been guilty of going through the motions at times, and being a little sloppy, but even Chinese sounded banging. My other half noticed Slash drooling. Hope he wasn't out of it. But wherever the fuck he was, he sounded amazing. 

I'm still glad I didn't get tickets for Hyde Park or Glasgow because of the type of shows they are, I'd be all over an arena tour. 

The band nailed it. Well done GNR.

Edited by invisible_rose
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Even more hilarious that another act Rina Sawayama was also over 30 minutes late....strange since you have such narrow slots at festivals. Snooze you loose. No critical articles about those woman disrespecting the audience, to wash their hair, etc. I mean they could of just repurposed their ready to go guns timing issues ones...but nah, free pass! Because the rule is, you bring the old chesnut back at all costs....the greatest hits even exist in journalism folks! 

Lana going and talking to the fan and the mass sing-along of "Video Games" was the best tribute to Axl and DJ circa Reading 2010! How the times have changed....😆

Lana Del Rey 5 stars, incredible performance for the ages, should have been the main headliner! According to some parts of the media anyway, who conveniently ignore the fact half she pissed off the audience by being late - for an utterly pointless reason, and her set was cut by 8 songs! No doubt it would have been a pile on if Axl was even a few minutes late

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

So, hands up...I was one of those who feared for Axl's voice when this show was announced. And while I'm sure it could have been a total car crash, Axl and the band made me, and many others, eat our words. Maybe the trip Columbia worked some magic.

Yes, Axl hit Mickey at times. Yes, there were 'questionable' drops in Axl's mic levels (at times when Axl's voice probably would have struggled. Coincidence? Probably not), but...BUT...the vast majority of his vocals were fantastic by the standards of the last 20yrs. As someone who doesn't really watch too many recent live videos, especially if I'm taking in a show on a current tour (I won't even look at the setlist), this is the best I've heard Axl for years. This is absolutely the best we could have hoped for. Setlist was pretty cool too. I LOVE they did Absurd when it would have been so, so easy to drop it. Absolutely a big FUCK YOU to those who think Axl doesn't have any edge left.

Slash was superb. He's been guilty of going through the motions at times, and being a little sloppy, but even Chinese sounded banging. My other half noticed Slash drooling. Hope he wasn't out of it. But wherever the fuck he was, he sounded amazing. 

I'm still glad I didn't get tickets for Hyde Park or Glasgow because of the type of shows they are, I'd be all over an arena tour. 

The band absolutely nailed it. Well done GNR.

Super Bummed out im not seeing them live again, im guessing after this week they wont be in the UK again, is this kind of a farewell tour?

1 minute ago, chris3535 said:

Super Bummed out im not seeing them live again, im guessing after this week they wont be in the UK again, is this kind of a farewell tour?

I think they'll be back. I suspect an arena tour at some point. Or maybe just a few dates at the O2. That will piss me off, but I'll still trek to London to see them in a smaller setting. I can't see them not coming around again - even if it's a couple of years away. Whether it'll be worth seeing at that point is anyone's guess! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dave94 said:

Lana Del Rey 5 stars, incredible performance for the ages, should have been the main headliner! According to some parts of the media anyway, who conveniently ignore the fact half she pissed off the audience by being late - for an utterly pointless reason, and her set was cut by 8 songs! No doubt it would have been a pile on if Axl was even a few minutes late

That's my point! I'm not against Lana...it's one note press....but she didn't play very long and it ended in chaos. Not 5 star gig...same way guns wasn't either. A solid 4!

• Like 1

Just now, invisible_rose said:

I think they'll be back. I suspect an arena tour at some point. Or maybe just a few dates at the O2. That will piss me off, but I'll still trek to London to see them in a smaller setting. I can't see them not coming around again - even if it's a couple of years away. Whether it'll be worth seeing at that point is anyone's guess! 

Yea...actually I'm holding out for an arena tour...sound is better for starters! States had plenty, so hopefully after some material is done, arena shows! 

The fact that it's taken them 7 years to even visit Axl's 2nd home (Scotland!) Is of note. Plenty of places and markets to play a couple of years from now...I can see the band playing most of their 60s and stopping as they hit 70 or one dies...

• Like 1

Please let me know when the best audio recording has been edited to the pro shot footage by the bbc... I want to see this show in the best quality posibble.

BTW a litle fact the FOH sound engineer of the band is not the one mixing the audio for streaming or the BBC... they have the own mixers for that. Maybe thats why there were so many fuck ups? I work with bands and when we broadcast on TV or streaming is an entirely different operation and mix specially build for tv sets and laptops, etc.

29 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I just saw that story, and Axl looks dressed as if he’s going to guest in a song.

Maybe it’s just a hunch :) 

I sort of have a slight hope that we are not done yet..  It's faint.. i cannot be sure. 

@MillionsOfSpiders We posted the exact same time on the exact same thing.:lol:

Edited by wendirosez
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

30 years ago GnR was a much hotter name in the industry.  This guy reeks of only caring about what is cool and "in".  But I guess in 93 he might have moved into grunge and seen GnR as a product of the 80s

Oh the critics have been ripping off their armchairs  about this band since the beginning.  The crowds don't hear them.  Spitting on a fire if you ask me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wendirosez said:

I sort of have a slight hope that we are not done yet..  It's faint.. i cannot be sure. 

@MillionsOfSpiders We posted the exact same time on the exact same thing.:lol:

I guess we are both going to be listening to Dill Danding tonight just hoping for the ginger :lol:

Have to admit I am intrigued who else will be guesting with Elton - the spice girls has been suggested which is always fun :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Hoping for some guest appearance today with any of the guys but will for sure be watching Elton closely....4 guest slots remember...we can tick them off as they go...

Also...not too bad a crowd last night...this dude looks like he's almost in another village 😂

Yes same. i would def say keep all options open.

Anyway i'm enjoying Blondie currently :P

53 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I guess we are both going to be listening to Dill Danding tonight just hoping for the ginger :lol:

Have to admit I am intrigued who else will be guesting with Elton - the spice girls has been suggested which is always fun :lol:

Indeed we are @MillionsOfSpidersI wouldn't miss this for the world, Just in case.. you know? as @axlvai says The motherfucker is onfire  

i have a slight feeling he isn't done 

Spice Girls really ? lol well better than take that i guess 😆  @colonizedmind has devised a cool plan :dance:we can  tick them off as they go :lol:

Edited by wendirosez
taking off a name
  • Like 1