Going Down perfect GnR song?

14 minutes ago, AlterL said:

love the track, I don't think they'll ever touch it now that Tommy is gone, I do believe it would be awesome if Axl ran into Tommy and they that track together along with ten percenter.

Yes I think it's just a matter of saying "hey here's 5 bucks for the song" n make Duff sing it

It is a sweet song. I think it could be a cool bonus track featuring Tommy Stinson. I’d hate to hear him replaced by Duff on that. 

If anything, I think it would be great if Tommy could put it out on his own! He’s one of the better songwriters to ever work in that band in my opinion. 

Edited by Appetitefordiscussion
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

So much promise when that originally leaked! It gave hope for the Post-Chinese Democracy release era. We thought that was just the start of the triple album...

Edited by doakes
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, doakes said:

So much promise when that originally leaked! It gave hope for the Post-Chinese Democracy release era. We thought that was just the start of the triple album...

Shame that they never released stuff in any sort of timely manner.

Would have been nice having the odd song by someone other than Axl, like how there were Duff and Izzy songs on the Illusions that they performed live.

Going Down is one of the best songs from the CD sessions. Tommy Stinson released an album in 2004 called 'Village Gorilla Head'. It is filled with great songs. I wonder, were any of them offered to Axl? The title track to Village Gorilla Head sounds like it is a tasteless Bumblefoot solo and synth track away from fitting right in on the final album.

Going Down is one of the few songs where it seems like the major changes made it better. The Tommy demo is broodier, while the more recent version is more up beat. It's ironic that it is one of their best possible radio friendly singles for the time frame that the album but it doesn't feature Axl on lead vocals. 

I don't see why the current band would have any issue with recording and releasing the song. They clearly are using the CD material that was written by other people. My only hope is that they don't get tempted to do it with Duff vox. 

Edited by gunsnchalupas

On 6/6/2023 at 10:44 AM, doakes said:

I think we'd given up hopes of a triple album by then or even a double. But certainly let us know there were strong tracks left for CD2 which we could have got 2016 if the reunion never happened. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

Going Down is one of the best songs from the CD sessions. Tommy Stinson released an album in 2004 called 'Village Gorilla Head'. It is filled with great songs. I wonder, were any of them offered to Axl? The title track to Village Gorilla Head sounds like it is a tasteless Bumblefoot solo and synth track away from fitting right in on the final album.

Going Down is one of the few songs where it seems like the major changes made it better. The Tommy demo is broodier, while the more recent version is more up beat. It's ironic that it is one of their best possible radio friendly singles for the time frame that the album but it doesn't feature Axl on lead vocals. 

I don't see why the current band would have any issue with recording and releasing the song. They clearly are using the CD material that was written by other people. My only hope is that they don't get tempted to do it with Duff vox. 

Duff vocals would be so wrong on this one. Please no.

I'm not sure what version i'm listening to, but Axl is doing the backing vocals and it sounds like Buckethead is playing lead at the end. 

In my opinion it would sound better without Axls vocals.

I love "Village Gorilla Head" and think this would sound better there than on a GNR album. 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2023 at 2:40 PM, gunsnchalupas said:

In case they re-record it and release it, who would like on vocals? away from Tommy ofcourse