Power Trip Expectations

Sosso

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but this will actually be the first time for the Rock or Bust line up to performe live.

What are you expectations for the show in regards of the performance, stage design and the setlist?

I wonder who else will play on that night? Ozzy just cancelled. https://blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-osbourne-cancels-performance-at-power-trip-festival-im-just-not-ready-yet

I assume ACDC's setlist will be pretty normal, probably open with Rock Or Bust then play 90 minutes of hits. Best case scenario maybe they bring Axl out for Whole Lotta Rosie, but I'm not holding my breath...

50 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Bummer for Ozz :(

I think it’ll be Aerosmith, Rage, or Bon Jovi

Foos are cool but would be kind of lame just cause they’re everywhere

Either way, big blow to the festival

Aerosmith / Bon Jovi would be cool, but compared to the likes of Metallica, GNR, Tool, etc they're a bit more poppier. 

I highly doubt the Foos will be playing - they've already got a show in Phoenix on the 5th and Austin on the 7th. 

12 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

The only acts that would compensate the lack of Ozzy Osbourne in the fest, IMO, are Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson + a guest drummer or a Led Zeppelin Reunion like celebration day. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

The only acts that would compensate the lack of Ozzy Osbourne in the fest, IMO, are Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson + a guest drummer or a Led Zeppelin Reunion like celebration day. 

Another Zeppelin reunion has always been a dream for me. Not only will it not happen again, but Plant and co. would never agree to do it for an event like this. Plant anllegedly even declined a reunion at Desert Trip which was a notch above this one. These nostalgia events are exactly what he doesn’t want to do.

Celebration Day was a great ending. I selfishly pine for a reunion so I can see it in person, but they are too old now. Plant and Jones could do it but I doubt Page could match his playing in  2007. Why invite that can of worms when Celebration Day was a triumphant finale?

If they ever played together again, I’d love an acoustic/orchestra/world focus like the Sensational Shape Shifters, but even that is a faraway pipe dream. Too many people would want the songs how they remember them for the band to do that. 

I also don’t see Geddy or Alex doing this, and they definitely wouldn’t call it Rush so that is out of the question. Always good to see them, though.

I agree that they can’t really replace Ozzy. He was very important for this novelty lineup. I think him bowing out due to health and age really just drives home that this event is even 6-7 years minimum too late.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Another Zeppelin reunion has always been a dream for me. Not only will it not happen again, but Plant and co. would never agree to do it for an event like this. Plant anllegedly even declined a reunion at Desert Trip which was a notch above this one. These nostalgia events are exactly what he doesn’t want to do.

Celebration Day was a great ending. I selfishly pine for a reunion so I can see it in person, but they are too old now. Plant and Jones could do it but I doubt Page could match his playing in  2007. Why invite that can of worms when Celebration Day was a triumphant finale?

If they ever played together again, I’d love an acoustic/orchestra/world focus like the Sensational Shape Shifters, but even that is a faraway pipe dream. Too many people would want the songs how they remember them for the band to do that. 

I also don’t see Geddy or Alex doing this, and they definitely wouldn’t call it Rush so that is out of the question. Always good to see them, though.

I agree that they can’t really replace Ozzy. He was very important for this novelty lineup. I think him bowing out due to health and age really just drives home that this event is even 6-7 years minimum too late.

Agree with pretty much everything here.

Personally I think Brian will sound awful, unfortunately he's been sounding so bad on the odd appearance he's done , not bad as a myles Kennedy one tone drowning cat ,tone...but bad 

And I love ACDC, such a shame what happened to him went down, but we got Axl/DC and that was up there with the best gigs I've seen

• Like 1

It’s Judas Priest

Lame imo. They are missing both of their guitar players and they are the only act on the bill that cant pack at least an arena. Not even close to matching Ozzy

Still, I get why they got the slot, it works symbolically and Firepower is an awesome modern- day album from and old band. 

Edit- At least it isn’t an Eddie-less Van Halen :lol:

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Agreed but I doubt either AC/DC or GNR would want to be an opener

Correct. Paradise City and For Those About To Rock are perfect "last songs" on a setlist. They should be played on two different evenings.

I thought Aerosmith might have been added but just saw it’s Priest. It’s scary that Ozzy pulled out, he’s been using vocal tracks and vocal fillers for a few years now, so this means he cant stand for 80 minutes even to pretend sing. Tony recently said Sabbath were asked to do Powertrip and he declined as he didn’t think Ozzy was up to it. 

35 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I thought Aerosmith might have been added but just saw it’s Priest. It’s scary that Ozzy pulled out, he’s been using vocal tracks and vocal fillers for a few years now, so this means he cant stand for 80 minutes even to pretend sing. Tony recently said Sabbath were asked to do Powertrip and he declined as he didn’t think Ozzy was up to it. 

:(

15 hours ago, Sosso said:

They are still on tour

He meant the original lineup.

23 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

RATM will never play live again. Zack destroyed his Achilles tendon. Only 8% of it remains intact. No coming back from that. He will never walk again.

EDIT: Just did a quick Google search out of curiosity. Apparently RATM put out a statement just a month ago saying they promise to never play venues that require facial recognition to get in. I guess the fact that they’re even thinking about future shows is a good sign. So maybe Zack is making a miraculous recovery, somehow.

Edited by rocknroll41

16 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

He meant the original lineup.

RATM will never play live again. Zack destroyed his Achilles tendon. Only 8% of it remains intact. No coming back from that. He will never walk again.

EDIT: Just did a quick Google search out of curiosity. Apparently RATM put out a statement just a month ago saying they promise to never play venues that require facial recognition to get in. I guess the fact that they’re even thinking about future shows is a good sign. So maybe Zack is making a miraculous recovery, somehow.

Holy shit that’s awful

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Holy shit that’s awful

Yeah :/ First Covid delayed their reunion tour, then this happened at the second fuckin show. Lots of bad luck for RATM…

Covid also ruined the Faith No More reunion too, and it doesn’t sound like that band is gonna continue now either.

Edited by rocknroll41

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah :/ First Covid delayed their reunion tour, then this happened at the second fuckin show. Lots of bad luck for RATM…

Covid also ruined the Faith No More reunion too, and it doesn’t sound like that band is gonna continue now either.

Actually it was Patton's psychological problems. And I'm not sure if they all get along that well.

As for Zack? Where did you hear that?? Highly doubt it's that severe.

41 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Actually it was Patton's psychological problems. And I'm not sure if they all get along that well.

As for Zack? Where did you hear that?? Highly doubt it's that severe.

https://www.ratm.com/north-american-2023-rage-tour-canceled/

“I have a severe tear in my left Achilles tendon and only 8% of my tendon was left intact. And even that portion was severely compromised. It’s not simply a question of being able to perform again, but extends to basic functionality going forward.”

And Patton said his psychological problems were triggered by being in quarantine for over a year due to the pandemic. So, in a sense, the pandemic did indeed ruin FNM’s comeback.

Edited by rocknroll41

17 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

https://www.ratm.com/north-american-2023-rage-tour-canceled/

“I have a severe tear in my left Achilles tendon and only 8% of my tendon was left intact. And even that portion was severely compromised. It’s not simply a question of being able to perform again, but extends to basic functionality going forward.”

And Patton said his psychological problems were triggered by being in quarantine for over a year due to the pandemic. So, in a sense, the pandemic did indeed ruin FNM’s comeback.

Oh, well. If Rage want to do it and it sounds like, at least, Zack wants to do it, I'm sure they'll find a way. Even if it is sitting down. Liam Gallagher also doesn't move during his shows.

As for Patton, he did some shows recently, no? Like I said, there I get the feeling, based on something I read a while ago, don't know exactly where or what it was. that there are other issues and he is not really that interested anymore.

Edited by PatrickS77

20 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Oh, well. If Rage want to do it and it sounds like, at least, Zack wants to do it, I'm sure they'll find a way. Even if it is sitting down. Liam Gallagher also doesn't move during his shows.

As for Patton, he did some shows recently, no? Like I said, there I get the feeling, based on something I read a while ago, don't know exactly where or what it was. that there are other issues and he is not really that interested anymore.

He initially blamed his backing out of the FNM tour on agoraphobia (due to Covid quarantine) but yeah he has since toured with Bungle. Not sure if it’s him who’s mad at the rest of FNM, or the other way around, or both.