Things you want to confess as a Guns N'Roses Fan? ๐Ÿ˜€

6 hours ago, Avillart said:

ย 

Can't help yourself, can you, Mr Keto Diet LOL

Of course her statement was cold towards Axl and of course she negates women's sexual agenda with her "assessment".ย 

The Four Agreements has been a great help in the lives of people but one needs to read it, not just type it into Google ;)

But since you're Ratam's mouthpiece, please tell us how she's in the position to know that Axl is single. Can't wait!

Sorry, you analize too much an simple post.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Avillart said:

But since you're Ratam's mouthpiece, please tell us how she's in the position to know that Axl is single. Can't wait!

I am not anyone's mouthpiece. This is a discussion board, expect your posts to be commented upon by others. Deal with it.ย 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Karice said:

Speaking of Beta and Team Brazil, I must confess rhat I'm confused on why Axl has Team Brazil as his "Family," and wonder why the hell aren't hisย  ACTUAL Family like Amy and Stuart, his Brother and Sister helping Axl out? ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿฅด I must also confess I just found out that Team Brazil has been around since around 1993, I thought Team Brazil started in like 2015! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I guess Amy and Stuart have their own lives and wouldnโ€™t wanna dedicate the better part of it to be just their crazy rock star brotherโ€™s assistants.ย 
As for TB, you need to discern between TB - the business body and the Lebeis' family. Team Brazil has indeed formed some time in 2010s and consists mainly of Beta and FN'ando as the main figures. The Lebeis family, however, has been in Axlโ€™s life since around 1991, when Axl got involved with Steph, as Beta was her sonโ€™s nanny.ย 

Btw, Iโ€™ve always wondered what would have been if the Lebeis never came into Axlโ€™s life. Who knows, maybe Beta saved Axlโ€™s mental health around the Steph breakup or later the bandโ€™s breakup. On the other hand, they come off as a fucking cult, and itโ€™s weird. Heโ€™s still single / not married, theyโ€™re very close and secretive, and this 60+ year old man is singing a song on the stage, then walks to the right and kisses and hugs Beta mid-song! You wouldnโ€™t do this with your own mum, would you? Itโ€™s just weird. But then, if it works... whatever, I guess. Iโ€™m just saying, in a parallel universe, things would have looked differently, and who knows whether for better or worse (and the question is whether for us or for Axl; or both or neither). Just riffin' here.ย 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I guess Amy and Stuart have their own lives and wouldnโ€™t wanna dedicate the better part of it to be just their crazy rock star brotherโ€™s assistants.ย 
As for TB, you need to discern between TB - the business body and the Lebeis' family. Team Brazil has indeed formed some time in 2010s and consists mainly of Beta and FN'ando as the main figures. The Lebeis family, however, has been in Axlโ€™s life since around 1991, when Axl got involved with Steph, as Beta was her sonโ€™s nanny.ย 

Btw, Iโ€™ve always wondered what would have been if the Lebeis never came into Axlโ€™s life. Who knows, maybe Beta saved Axlโ€™s mental health around the Steph breakup or later the bandโ€™s breakup. On the other hand, they come off as a fucking cult, and itโ€™s weird. Heโ€™s still single / not married, theyโ€™re very close and secretive, and this 60+ year old man is singing a song on the stage, then walks to the right and kisses and hugs Beta mid-song! You wouldnโ€™t do this with your own mum, would you? Itโ€™s just weird. But then, if it works... whatever, I guess. Iโ€™m just saying, in a parallel universe, things would have looked differently, and who knows whether for better or worse (and the question is whether for us or for Axl; or both or neither). Just riffin' here.ย 

I think that's an interesting question. I am sure Axl has been better off from it, and I believe we have been, too. I think without the Lebeis' Axl would have gone to ground and we would have received no more shows or music from him. Axl always struggled with serious depression and he really needed love and care, and they gave him that.

I don't agree that they are like a cult, as you phrased it. They are a family. And they are really approachable if you meet them, as confirmed by many people here. There is nothing really sinister here expect what some fans' conjure in their minds. They insulate Axl, but not for nefarious purposes, as far as I can tell. They don't communicate much in their official capacity from Team Brazil, though, and that is I understand it per Axl wishes. And maybe that's for the better, too? Considering that they don't tend to make a good impression when they do.

It is problematic to mix family and business, it is challenging. And their love for Axl might not always necessarily be the best for him business-wise, but one cannot blame them for having his personal best interests in mind. That's what family does. And family trumps business. An unrelated manager wouldn't do things the way they do, but all previous unrelated managers since 2000s have failed to both move the band forward at reasonable speeds and failed at taking care of Axl. At least that's what it looks to me. So I guess it is what it is.

Btw, Beta is not officially part of the managing team anymore, it is Fernando and Vanessa.ย 

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I think that's an interesting question. I am sure Axl has been better off from it, and I believe we have been, too. I think without the Lebeis' Axl would have gone to ground and we would have received no more shows or music from him. Axl always struggled with serious depression and he really needed love and care, and they gave him that.

I don't agree that they are like a cult, as you phrased it. They are a family. And they are really approachable if you meet them, as confirmed by many people here. There is nothing really sinister here expect what some fans' conjure in their minds. They insulate Axl, but not for nefarious purposes, as far as I can tell. They don't communicate much in their official capacity from Team Brazil, though, and that is I understand it per Axl wishes. And maybe that's for the better, too? Considering that they don't tend to make a good impression when they do.

It is problematic to mix family and business, it is challenging. And their love for Axl might not always necessarily be the best for him business-wise, but one cannot blame them for having his personal best interests in mind. That's what family does. And family trumps business. An unrelated manager wouldn't do things the way they do, but all previous unrelated managers since 2000s have failed to both move the band forward at reasonable speeds and failed at taking care of Axl. At least that's what it looks to me. So I guess it is what it is.

Btw, Beta is not officially part of the managing team anymore, it is Fernando and Vanessa.ย 

Well, this could be debated endlessly. Maybe she helped him (Iโ€™m fairly prone to believe it) initially, and maybe he would have gotten down, rebounded, and restarted the band with a new vigour, but with a different approach to public relations, promotion, choice of managers, hell, maybe even choice of women โ€“ and for all we know, he even could have been married with kids by now. Or maybe not, weโ€™ll never know. God knows Beta and Nando donโ€™t come off as exactly friendly towards the fans, although nothing is black-or-white, of course.ย 
But they do have cult vibes to me; theyโ€™re everywhere, in the room with the musicians on every photo, even in the videos, plus all these stories where a chick wanted to approach Axl but got shaken off by Beta etc. Not to mention the latest Nando allegations, which Iโ€™m sure as hell couldnโ€™t have been completely made up. And the two other guys (Slash and Duff) probably just enjoying the ride, leaving all decisions up to Axl (being under the influence of the Lebeisโ€™ one way or the other)... I wonder what Slash and Duff would really have to say about TB if asked by friends in privacy. Nah, Iโ€™m not aware of any other musicians in comparable major rock bands who would walk everywhere with personal mother-like assistants or a family-like circles of background people constantly enclosing them. But then, Axlโ€™s always been like this since I remember, that I can admit. And if they function as a family with him โ€“ which I believe they do somehow โ€“ then kudos, I wish him the best in any case. I just... hope they havenโ€™t brainwashed him in any regard, on any level. He is a sensitive guy after all.ย 
The bottom line is, we donโ€™t know. We canโ€™t assert anything; we can merely present conjectures and impressions.ย 

Edited by jamillos

11 hours ago, Ratam said:

Now Duff has great hairstyle.

Duff's hair looks good in the Paradise City music video and some publicity photoshoots Guns N'Roses did, ๐Ÿ˜€ but in the Riverport Concert Riot video, Duff's hair looks bad. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I can't believe Slash, Izzy, Matt, and Axl let him go on stage with a rat's nest hairdont. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• Haha 1
  • ABSUะฏD 1

58 minutes ago, jamillos said:

But they do have cult vibes to me; theyโ€™re everywhere, in the room with the musicians on every photo, even in the videos, plus all these stories where a chick wanted to approach Axl but got shaken off by Beta etc. Not to mention the latest Nando allegations, which Iโ€™m sure as hell couldnโ€™t have been completely made up.ย 

Family was included in the Perhaps video, like family and friends of other band members, too, and crew members. It would be weird if the Lebeis were excluded, don't you think?

As for them being everywhere, well, they are both family and managers so it is sort of double the amount a band manager would be visible (and some band managers are very much hands-on and not exactly in the shadows) and double the amount close family would be visible (like Meegan or whatever Duff's wife is called). My "problem" is not that they are everywhere, I would expect that from both family and especially managers, but the strategy Axl has chosen by not doing interviews and not communicating to much extent. But that's on him, not on the Lebeis.

As for Fernando's abuse allegations, so you were talking about some sex abuse cult? If not, I don't see the relevance.ย 

ย 

ย 

10 minutes ago, Karice said:

Duff's hair looks good in the Paradise City music video and some publicity photoshoots Guns N'Roses did, ๐Ÿ˜€ but in the Riverport Concert Riot video, Duff's hair looks bad. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I can't believe Slash, Izzy, Matt, and Axl let him go on stage with a rat's nest hairdont. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

yes cause we know GNR was all about the looks back then and still isย :facepalm:

Axl is a grown man. I think Team Brazil, as his chosen family, can persuade him to do some things, but every decision he makes about how he lives his life is his own. He probably makes compromises like all adults do with people they share their life with. I have no real opinion on Team Brazil beyond that because I don't feel I am qualified to make that judgement. Whatever gets him through the day (and night) is fine with me, within reason.

I do think that if Axl didn't want to be single he wouldn't be, and he probably does have romantic relationships no one knows about. I think his fame and wealth is probably more of a hindrance to finding someone who is not thirsty for what he can give them than his historical reputation for not always being the most gentle partner, for want of a better description.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JoJo Bonetto said:

Axl is a grown man. I think Team Brazil, as his chosen family, can persuade him to do some things, but every decision he makes about how he lives his life is his own. He probably makes compromises like all adults do with people they share their life with. I have no real opinion on Team Brazil beyond that because I don't feel I am qualified to make that judgement. Whatever gets him through the day (and night) is fine with me, within reason.

I do think that if Axl didn't want to be single he wouldn't be, and he probably does have romantic relationships no one knows about. I think his fame and wealth is probably more of a hindrance to finding someone who is not thirsty for what he can give them than his historical reputation for not always being the most gentle partner, for want of a better description.

In my Fictional Axl Rose story, Older Axl says he is single because he's too busy with Guns N'Roses for a Romantic Relationship. Maybe the real world Axl has that same reasoning? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ’ก

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Karice said:

In my Fictional Axl Rose story, Older Axl says he is single because he's too busy with Guns N'Roses for a Romantic Relationship. Maybe the real world Axl has that same reasoning? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ’ก

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that he has put his love life on hold while touring but on the other hand he has quite a few more resources at his disposal than the average person to make a relationship work over distances and busy schedules.ย 

Slash and Duff appear to make their relationships work. It goes back to my original point really, if he is single it is because he wants to be, for whatever reason. Work could be a factor but most of the time it is multiple reasons and not just one.

4 hours ago, Karice said:

Don't think that Matt hair look better back thenย :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think it's fairly clear that Beta is Axl's partner in life whether they are married or not and whether they are having sex - kinky or otherwise - or not. If Beta is his mother then mother is his partner in life. He can be with other women but has Beta to fall back on for stability and that's probably how he likes it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I think it's fairly clear that Beta is Axl's partner in life whether they are married or not and whether they are having sex - kinky or otherwise - or not. If Beta is his mother then mother is his partner in life. He can be with other women but has Beta to fall back on for stability and that's probably how he likes it.

ย 

Yep. When I was at their hotel last summer I bumped into Beta first. It was still early in the morning and she just came back in from a shopping errand. Everything was still quiet and so she and I chatted a little. When she showed me her shopping I asked if Axl was here and she laughed and said, "Is Axl here!" (Like, "Where else would he be?") and then she said, "Where I am, there is Axl." And the way she said it was like a mother talking about her child, her tone was like, "He's a handful!"ย 

You could tell she's very protective of him but she's this motherly type in general. She even talked to me in that warmย  mommy way. Like when I said last time I met him was 30 years ago and that I was in the MJ video with Slash back then in the same country we were at now she smiled and said, "Oh, but you were still very little then."ย 
Now, I do look younger than my age and I said, "Well, I wasn't so little anymore" but she just has this way about her like she can't help being a mom. It was very interesting to be included this way as I had only heard bad stories about her, like she's a dragon and pushes everyone female away from Axl. And even after people heard about my day with them there some were still trying to tell me that TB is awful, and they almost got mad at me that Beta did not push me away.
Fernando the same - he was very warm and helped me with my phone, kept me updated on their schedule, where everyone was and who was leaving when for the show etc, and when he went for a walk later while the band (minus Axl) was already off for soundcheck he was super chill and didn't have a problem to leave Axl "unattended" behind, he even told me where to catch him and he asked me to come out to the gig later on. Everyone was super relaxed, there was no watchdog atmosphere at all.ย 

As for Beta and Axl, they have a dynamic I observed a lot with - especially - rock musicians over the years. Off the stageย many of them were really shy and timid and needed to be taken care of. They were like children. I became friends with many other girls at the gigs and we'd hang with the guys backstage or on their days off and I've seen some of them literally clutch at the girls'ย coats like kids do cling to their mothers. Some couldn't even keep eye contact. They always had their head down. One guy from a band asked one girl when he got on the bus after a gig toย come with him cause he didn't wanna let go of her. And this wasn't something sexual, it was like a deep loneliness andย being "lost" in life.ย 

Some musicians, like Prince, always had "sister-wives". They were usually their age or a lot younger. Others needed mother-wives, usually older or "bossy" in a way, and Axl is one of them. He needsย someone to keep his life together and who adds structure and a sense of safe and secure, something he didn't have growing up. It doesn't mean there can't be other women. Beta's status is different from that.

Edited by Avillart
  • GNFNR 1

I must confess that I don't know exactly WHAT the Dolphin is supposed to convey for a MYGNR Forum emoji. It says it's GNFNR, I guess it's the equivalent of,"I LOVE this post? " I know the Dolphin is also referring the Don't Cry music video where Axl jumps off a giant Cruise Ship and a Dolphin rescues him, ๐Ÿ˜€, but I'm not exactly sure what you would use the Dolphin reaction for, but once again, I assume it means I love this post, like, "I was eating at a Steakhouse and Axl was eating there too. I didn't want to creepily hound him like a crazed Super Fan, so I politely went up to him and asked him for an Autograph and a Selfie, and he obliged with a smile.

ย 

I thanked him and he welcomed me and I went back to my table and continue eating and let Axl have his peace. Axl paid my bill for me unexpectedly, and I was thankful and he welcomed me. Axl is truly a great man!" This post would get the Dolphin reaction, right? ๐Ÿค” I know the blue heart means,"Like," the red rose means,"Thanks," the magic ball means perhaps, Axl smiling with glasses and a bandana means absurd, the face with tears in eyes means sad, the open mouth face means shocked or awe, the face with crazy looking eyes is confused, the laughing face means laugh, but the Dolphin reaction is something I'm not 100 percent sure of. ๐Ÿค”

Edited by Karice
  • GNFNR 1

41 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

I also love the part where Slash gets married and Axl loses the ring and Duff plays an epic solo in the desert. Brilliant

In the November Rain video, I wonder if DUFF hid theย  ring as a prank because he has a sneaky, mischievous look on his face, like ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ and just happens to give one of his own rings as a replacement. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜

• ABSUะฏD 1

Some years ago I was sure Axl and Beta were actually married, with maybe her allowing Axl to have flings or whatever with other women. Which could explain for the 18 year old girl whose ass he was grabbing some ten years ago (I think?). But I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me at least.ย 

And even if they're married, I've never heard of Beta pushing female fans away. On the contrary, I've heard of a few fans (male and female) who got to meet Axl thanks to Beta. (Just meeting him btw, no romantic/sexual meetings.) So whatever it is, I don't think she's the jealous or insecure typeย :lol:

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

Some years ago I was sure Axl and Beta were actually married, with maybe her allowing Axl to have flings or whatever with other women. Which could explain for the 18 year old girl whose ass he was grabbing some ten years ago (I think?). But I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me at least.ย 

And even if they're married, I've never heard of Beta pushing female fans away. On the contrary, I've heard of a few fans (male and female) who got to meet Axl thanks to Beta. (Just meeting him btw, no romantic/sexual meetings.) So whatever it is, I don't think she's the jealous or insecure typeย :lol:

We do know she got rid of that one brazilian girl, though. But i forgot the full story behind it.ย 

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

The only difference between Axl and Beta and a married couple, is that a married couple stopped having sex years ago.ย ;)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

We do know she got rid of that one brazilian girl, though. But i forgot the full story behind it.ย 

I wonder if the Brazilian girl Beta got rid of may have been a crazy stalker type of Fan of Axl, like the creepy type who would go into the MALEย  restroom stall with him without his permission/consent and try to get WAY to friendly with him if you get my drift. ๐Ÿค”

Edited by Karice