Things you want to confess as a Guns N'Roses Fan? πŸ˜€

I have a couple of things I want to confess as a Guns N'Roses Fan. πŸ˜€πŸ˜... I have never listened to Use Your Illusions Part 1 Album all the way through..πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ€­ I tried a couple of times, once I fell asleep after Bad Obsessions and woke up in the middle of Coma, no pun intended. πŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ€­ I tried again and fell asleep in the middle of Coma.Β  No pun intended once again.πŸ€­πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜‰Β 

Β 

I gotΒ  DUFF confused with AXL! πŸ˜³πŸ˜±πŸ€¨πŸ§πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ When I was a newer Guns N'Roses Fan, I asked something like,"WHY is AXL, the skull with the red bandana on theΒ  Appetite For Destruction Album Cross on the RIGHT side the Cross? Axl is the CENTER of Guns N'Roses, shouldn't the Axl Skull be on the MIDDLE of the cross and not on the RIGHT side of the cross? πŸ€¨πŸ§πŸ€”A longer time Guns N'Roses Poster replied something like,"Duff's BLONDE hair didn't tip you off that that's DUFF on the RIGHT side of the Appetite For Destruction Album Cross? Axl has red hair, not blonde. " I responded,"I read that only Axl wore a bandana in Guns N'Roses, so naturally, I thought that Duff who is wearing the bandana was Axl. Besides, the red headed skull is wearing a black cap, not a bandana, so you can see why I thought Axl was the skull on the outside of the Cross. The Poster replied something like,"Axl wore a black cap quite a lot. And this picture of Duff wearing a red bandana should clear up any confusion for you." He linked to a picture of Duff wearing a red bandana and I thanked him and told him it did clear up my confusion and he welcomed me. πŸ˜€

Β 

Due to my music stations usually ONLY playing Sweet Child Of Mine, I honestly thought that Guns N'Roses was a one hit wonder. Guns N'Roses were being hailed as one of the most influential Rock Bands of all time, and I thought,"How are Guns N'Roses one of the most influential Rock Bands of all time? Guns N'Roses is a one hit wonder, and only have Sweet Child Of Mine!"πŸ§πŸ€¨πŸ€” Sweet Child Of Mine is a REALLY good song, but still, it's Guns N'Roses ONLY hit!" 🀣

Β 

A Music Channel played Welcome To The Jungle one day, and I thought,"God, the singer of Welcome To The Jungle is completely ripping off the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer! He plagiarized his dance moves, his singing style, his clothing style, he even plagiarized his look!  The Sweet Child Of Mine Singer should sue The Welcome To The Jungle Singer for Plagiarism!" I went on a music Forum ranting about The Welcome To The Jungle Singer plagiarizing the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer and saying,"I hope the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer sues the Welcome To The Jungle Singer!" Posters were like,"The Welcome To The Jungle Singer and the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer are the SAME man, you IDIOT!" And that's how I found out that Guns N'Roses were NOT a one hit wonder..🀣

Β 

Β 

Edited by Karice
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Karice said:

I gotΒ  DUFF confused with AXL! πŸ˜³πŸ˜±πŸ€¨πŸ§πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ When I was a newer Guns N'Roses Fan, I asked something like,"WHY is AXL, the skull with the red bandana on theΒ  Appetite For Destruction Album Cross on the RIGHT side the Cross? Axl is the CENTER of Guns N'Roses, shouldn't the Axl Skull be on the MIDDLE of the cross and not on the RIGHT side of the cross? πŸ€¨πŸ§πŸ€”A longer time Guns N'Roses Poster replied something like,"Duff's BLONDE hair didn't tip you off that that's DUFF on the RIGHT side of the Appetite For Destruction Album Cross? Axl has red hair, not blonde. " I responded,"I read that only Axl wore a bandana in Guns N'Roses, so naturally, I thought that Duff who is wearing the bandana was Axl. Besides, the red headed skull is wearing a black cap, not a bandana, so you can see why I thought Axl was the skull on the outside of the Cross. The Poster replied something like,"Axl wore a black cap quite a lot. And this picture of Duff wearing a red bandana should clear up any confusion for you." He linked to a picture of Duff wearing a red bandana and I thanked him and told him it did clear up my confusion and he welcomed me. πŸ˜€

Me too! When I was new, I was thinking, "There's Axl on the right there but he's blonde for some reason, Slash on the bottom, one of the blonde dudes on the left, there's that other black haired dude on the top... then who's the brunette in the middle!?!?" Turns out the middle guy was the redhead.

Β 

I haven't seen all the music videos yet.

I've listened to the entire studio discography several times, but I can't remember much. If you ask me to hum a guitar solo from a certain song from an album, I probably won't be able to remember it. Poor memory is such a plague on life, but at least I can enjoy the same songs over and over again.

1 hour ago, BucketEgg said:

Me too! When I was new, I was thinking, "There's Axl on the right there but he's blonde for some reason, Slash on the bottom, one of the blonde dudes on the left, there's that other black haired dude on the top... then who's the brunette in the middle!?!?" Turns out the middle guy was the redhead.

Β 

I haven't seen all the music videos yet.

I've listened to the entire studio discography several times, but I can't remember much. If you ask me to hum a guitar solo from a certain song from an album, I probably won't be able to remember it. Poor memory is such a plague on life, but at least I can enjoy the same songs over and over again.

Thank God I wasn't the only one who thought the blonde on the right side of the Appetite For Destruction Album Cross was AXL! 🀣:hug:

When I was 10, I went to a record store and bought Chinese Democracy & Use Your Illusion 1. I had no Idea about the breakup at the time, so I thought it was Slash & Izzy on CD, I liked Chinese Democracy more than UYI1 and my favorite songs at the time were Scraped & Riad n' the Bedouins. Also, my parents crossed out the word "Prostitute" on the album tracklist with sharpie so I never knew what the last song was called until I got my first computer. I also had Oh My God on my mp3 player that I had when I was in a foster home and it was my favorite song for a while as well. (I was 7 or 8 i think)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

- I still don't really know why people like Mr.Brownstone that much. Kinda meh song for me.

- I really dislike My Michelle and Anything Goes, and think AFD isn't that great of a from-start-to-finish-listening record.

- I think the crazy fast songs like Right Next Door To Hell, Garden of Eden, Perfect Crime and You're Crazy (AFD version) are among my least favourite GnR songs of all time, behind songs like Scraped and Riad.

- I thought for ages Axl sang on Double Talkin Jive.

- It's been years since I stopped to properly listen to GnR. I occasionally listen to Going Down and TWAT but that's basically it.

- I haven't seen GnR live since they reunited, mainly due to lack of interest, but I wish I had the chance to see Axl/DC.

- While writing this post I still wasn't 100% sure if Nice Boys and Reckless Life were covers.

• Like 1

My music channel played Patience by Guns N'Roses, and I was thinking,"Who is this deep baritone bass Singer? Did Guns N'Roses get rid of the high pitched singer from Sweet Child Of Mine, Paradise City, and Welcome To The Jungle? πŸ€”πŸ§πŸ˜³ I was SHOCKED that Axl sang the incredibly low Patience and the high pitched Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City, and Sweet Child Of Mine! 😳🀣 I'm still in awe how deep Axl's range goes! πŸ˜³πŸ˜€

11 hours ago, Karice said:

I have a couple of things I want to confess as a Guns N'Roses Fan. πŸ˜€πŸ˜... I have never listened to Use Your Illusions Part 1 Album all the way through..πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ€­ I tried a couple of times, once I fell asleep after Bad Obsessions and woke up in the middle of Coma, no pun intended. πŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ€­ I tried again and fell asleep in the middle of Coma.Β  No pun intended once again.πŸ€­πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜‰Β 

Β 

Β 

Due to my music stations usually ONLY playing Sweet Child Of Mine, I honestly thought that Guns N'Roses was a one hit wonder. Guns N'Roses were being hailed as one of the most influential Rock Bands of all time, and I thought,"How are Guns N'Roses one of the most influential Rock Bands of all time? Guns N'Roses is a one hit wonder, and only have Sweet Child Of Mine!"πŸ§πŸ€¨πŸ€” Sweet Child Of Mine is a REALLY good song, but still, it's Guns N'Roses ONLY hit!" 🀣

Β 

A Music Channel played Welcome To The Jungle one day, and I thought,"God, the singer of Welcome To The Jungle is completely ripping off the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer! He plagiarized his dance moves, his singing style, his clothing style, he even plagiarized his look!  The Sweet Child Of Mine Singer should sue The Welcome To The Jungle Singer for Plagiarism!" I went on a music Forum ranting about The Welcome To The Jungle Singer plagiarizing the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer and saying,"I hope the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer sues the Welcome To The Jungle Singer!" Posters were like,"The Welcome To The Jungle Singer and the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer are the SAME man, you IDIOT!" And that's how I found out that Guns N'Roses were NOT a one hit wonder..🀣

Β 

Β 

Don't worry, I used to get Duff and Izzy mixed up!

• ABSUΠ―D 2

I've never listened to think about you. I've only haard the first 3 seconds.bit's the only gnr song i've never listened to.

When i first started listening to gnr i thiught they had 2 singers.Β 

Edited by Dummy
  • Haha 2
  • ABSUΠ―D 1

6 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

Don't worry, I used to get Duff and Izzy mixed up!

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😳😳😳😳😳 How? Duff has BLONDE hair and Izzy has BLACK hair..I , as a new fan got Duff mixed up with Axl because I thought Axl's hair was BLONDE when I was a newer fan. I could see if you said you got Izzy mixed up with Steven, but mixing up Duff and Izzy? 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

9 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I have actually grown to like Scraped

Finally

Loved it from the start, groovin guitars and some of Axls most fierce vocals in the verses. Probably the most motivating lyrics Axls ever written too.Β 

Edited by Underhardy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dummy said:

I've never listened to think about you. I've only haard the first 3 seconds.bit's the only gnr song i've never listened to.

When i first started listening to gnr i thiught they had 2 singers.Β 

My favorite guitarist is Robin finck.

My ranking of the albums is 1.chidem 2.uyi1 3.lies 4.uyi2 5.appetite 6.tsi

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUΠ―D 1

2 hours ago, Karice said:

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😳😳😳😳😳 How? Duff has BLONDE hair and Izzy has BLACK hair..I , as a new fan got Duff mixed up with Axl because I thought Axl's hair was BLONDE when I was a newer fan. I could see if you said you got Izzy mixed up with Steven, but mixing up Duff and Izzy? 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

When I first got into the band, as far as I was concerned it was 'Axl, Slash and the others'. It was only when I bothered to learn the difference between a guitar and a bass that I clocked that Duff was Duff and Izzy was Izzy.Β