Things you want to confess as a Guns N'Roses Fan? ๐Ÿ˜€

GN'R is a legacy act to me. New music doesn't really interest me at this point.

The version of Nightrain from Rock AM Ring 2006 is probably my favorite version of the song and has not been performed or sounded better since then IMO. At least not in any soundboards or broadcasts I have heard. There could be other lesser quality audience recordings of a better performance somewhere but those don't count for me as I won't listen to them regularly.

12 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Dj Ashba played better on the 2010 tour than slash has the entire threeunion tour.ย 

I used to think Its so easy was sung by a guest singer. (from age 12-14) Refused to believe it was axl coz it was so different vocally to every other song on appetite i'd heard.ย 

I at first read it as Dj Ashba played better in 2010 than the entire threeunion tour! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜›

ย 

About "It's So Easy," I also was like,"WHO is this low and deep voiced man? He sounds more like James Hetfield than Axl Rose! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜› To me, Axl Rose= Paradise City, Sweet Child Of Mine, Welcome To The Jungle. It's So Easy is incredibly low and deep, a complete opposite of his higher pitched songs. I remember a Fan saying something like,"Axl Rose's real voice is a Baritone Bass like Barry White's voice." I remember thinking,"HOW is Axl Rose's real voice a Baritone Bass like Barry White's voice? ๐ŸคจBarry White had one of the DEEPEST voices ever. Axl Rose has a high pitched voice. What is this Fan talking about? ๐Ÿคจ I then saw the green suit Court Case, and realized just how deep Axl's real voice is! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคฃ It's So Easy is pretty much sung in Axl's real voice! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคญ

• Like 2

1. I wish reunion would never happen. Axl had to keep 2002 or 2006 band running and making more albums with them.

2. Axl/DC was more exciting than the reunion.

3. I genuinely don't like WTTJ. Never understood it. For me it's down there with stuff like My World and Shotgun Blues

4. Also SCOM. It's a shit song. Its live is even worst. Boring as KOHD live.

4. 1993 is my favorite old GNR era. Estranged and The Garden are the best old GNR songs.

5. The Spaghetti Incident is cool. Hair of the Dog and Buick Mackane are nice tracks.ย 

Edited by ยฉGnrPersia
  • Haha 3
  • ABSUะฏD 1

Just remembered this one:

Back in 2004 I was only slightly aware of GnR. I basically only knew WTTJ, SCOM and PC, and knew who Slash and Axl were. Then one day I'm skipping channels on TV and I see Velvet Revolver's Dirty Little Thing on MTV. So I think "what?! No way, man... this is beyond ridiculous, this guy's dressed just like Slash from GnR! WTF is this?" and I tell my friends from school the next day like "Man, I saw this band on MTV and the guitar player was dressed up as Slash lol" and they were like "what band was it?" and I said I didn't know the name. Some months passed and my friend introduced me to Fall To Pieces. I googled Velvet Revolver and saw that was really Slash. I never told him which band I was talking about that dayย :lol:

• Haha 2

When I first heard Sweet Child Of Mine, I thought,"I love how clear the Lead Singer's voice is. I can understand every single word he is saying despite him wailing. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿคฃ I don't even need Google to search what he is saying. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿคฃ His voice is as clear as DVD on digital TVscres(A reference to TLC No Scrubs, Lisa Lopez rap verse. ๐Ÿ˜€) Boy, I didn't know what I would be getting into with how hard Axl is to understand a lot of times ! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ˜

27 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Just remembered this one:

Back in 2004 I was only slightly aware of GnR. I basically only knew WTTJ, SCOM and PC, and knew who Slash and Axl were. Then one day I'm skipping channels on TV and I see Velvet Revolver's Dirty Little Thing on MTV. So I think "what?! No way, man... this is beyond ridiculous, this guy's dressed just like Slash from GnR! WTF is this?" and I tell my friends from school the next day like "Man, I saw this band on MTV and the guitar player was dressed up as Slash lol" and they were like "what band was it?" and I said I didn't know the name. Some months passed and my friend introduced me to Fall To Pieces. I googled Velvet Revolver and saw that was really Slash. I never told him which band I was talking about that dayย :lol:

Reminds me of me wondering why the Welcome To The Jungle Singer was "plagiarizing," the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ˜

• Haha 1

I like Paul Tobias. He brought some very cool and original ideas to the songs. And he played just fine live. I think people bought too much of the personal feelings from Slash/Matt and whoever about the stuff with Paul.ย 

I blocked Ashba's existence from my mind. I have PTSD.ย 

The most exciting time to be a GNR fan to me was back in 2006, when the band was on fire, Axl's voice was awesome and we had the first good quality leaks to listen to, hoping for a new album still in that year. It's really sad to see how many missed opportunities Axl had over the last three decades.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

Same hereโ€ฆ.if anything, theyโ€™re starting to sound dated to meย 

To be fair, Guns N'Roses are about 35 years old technically. They aren't exactly Cardi B Millennial. Or Billie Eilish Generation Z. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜›

46 minutes ago, Karice said:

To be fair, Guns N'Roses are about 35 years old technically. They aren't exactly Cardi B Millennial. Or Billie Eilish Generation Z. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜›

Who are all those ?ย 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Karice said:

I can't speak for the other member who agreed with me, but for me personally, it's more so a lack of new music than anything to do with the sound or genre or even the style. I can only listen to the same songs so many times.

• Like 1

as a 14 years old in 2004 i bought Live Era '87 - '93 after AFD, Lies and UYI and i thought it was completely LIVE without editing. That's why i coudn't and will never hate that album even today with Vegas 92 release. It was my teenhood.

• Like 1